Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook


brockpapersizer

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

I thought he hit a 2 run home run and a 2 run double. Why is it only showing as 3 RBI? 

 

 

Because the ump doesn't own Ozzie and he's getting jealous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't plan on trying to sell high, if for no other reason than just because how fun he is to have on my roster. Sometimes I end up regretting basing my decisions on that kind of reasoning, but I don't think that'll be the case with him. As some others have mentioned, he's got the kind of game that you shouldn't have to worry about the bottom completely falling out.  Even during slumps he'll find a way to be useful in some category.  

 

Actually almost that entire Braves lineup is fun to watch right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading this thread it motivated me to send trade offers for my Albies for their ___ top star ___. Let's see if I can get something to happen :D/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

After reading this thread it motivated me to send trade offers for my Albies for their ___ top star ___. Let's see if I can get something to happen :D/ 

Yes it is all very well people saying sell high, but the reality is, at least in my leagues that people tent not to go for those type of trades.

 

Kershaw right now maybe could be vulnerable to a sell high. But imagine the pain if his troubles are real and Albies keeps raking. Oh the regret that could cause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, All rise for Albies said:

Yes it is all very well people saying sell high, but the reality is, at least in my leagues that people tent not to go for those type of trades.

 

Kershaw right now maybe could be vulnerable to a sell high. But imagine the pain if his troubles are real and Albies keeps raking. Oh the regret that could cause.

AS to not venture into the philosophical debate of sell high/buy low... if you can get a player like kershaw or stanton you do the trade immediately and not worry about the future ramification of it :D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How about last year too? Same pace he is on now

The guy has more than doubled his HR/FB since last year. Realistically we're looking at .285/.340/.450 with more speed in the 2nd half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, b0nfire said:

I like the 2017 Dozier comp

 

.271 / 106 R / 34 HR / 93 RBI / 16 SB 

 

that's a top 30 player ;' )

That'd be awesome, although I see his average being a good amount higher than that.  I don't think there's much reason why he couldn't finish with at least his current average (.288).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sadly had to part ways with my only share of Mr. Albies after getting an offer I couldn't refuse (details in the BC completed trades thread), but I will be watching his ABs and evolution as a fantasy player with great interest.  He's such a dynamic and talented kid.  I'm sure he'll hit some ups and downs over a long season, but I agree that top 30 is well within his grasp.  Good luck, owners!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

I sadly had to part ways with my only share of Mr. Albies after getting an offer I couldn't refuse (details in the BC completed trades thread), but I will be watching his ABs and evolution as a fantasy player with great interest.  He's such a dynamic and talented kid.  I'm sure he'll hit some ups and downs over a long season, but I agree that top 30 is well within his grasp.  Good luck, owners!

Holy s--- that trade is absolutely insane. Can't believe they would do that deal.

 

For those who didn't look: He got Judge and Cruz for Albies, Gallo, and Teoscar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2018 at 8:29 AM, GJDHouse said:

Contact Hitter: Check

Speed for Days: Check

Surprising Power: Check

Success above his age level: Check

 

Albies is going to be goooood.  His swing is so balanced and compact.  He connects his lower body to the release of the bat and the ball just flies off the barrel.  Take a look at these two homers in last weekend's game....just beautiful.

 

 

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fielder1831 said:

giphy.gif

My reaction to all my league mates that said he had no power!

How many homeruns did you project for him to hit this year? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...