Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ozzie Albies 2018 Outlook


brockpapersizer

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Onions said:

May I recommend some patience and perspective?

 

It's April 2nd. 

 

Nah brother we have been bait and switched. I bought into Ozzi Alibes. Ozhaino reminds me of this

 

Oz-300x225.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crotchcrickets said:

lol and he did pretty damn well in his cup of coffee last year.

 

im frustrated too, but he will be a beast this year.

He really should be beasting already.  If you cant hit against the likes of the Phillies and Tanner Roark something is wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

He really should be beasting already.  If you cant hit against the likes of the Phillies and Tanner Roark something is wrong. 

 

This feels like an overreaction. Not every good player starts the year as a world beater.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rsxnova said:

 

This feels like an overreaction. Not every good player starts the year as a world beater.

They more often than not take advantage of garbage pitching.  Albies has seen one legit pitcher so far this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

They more often than not take advantage of garbage pitching.  Albies has seen one legit pitcher so far this year.

 

I like to think about how some players are notorious for slow starts/hot summers. I'm giving him some time before worrying, but understand your point about quality of opponents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rsxnova said:

 

This feels like an overreaction. Not every good player starts the year as a world beater.

yeah Roark is like 55-39 with a 3.41 ERA in his career, not exactly garbage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's struggling but still only striking out 12% of the time. People need to calm down and see how this plays out over the next couple weeks. Every player has some bad weeks - if this came in the middle of June it would mostly go unnoticed. It's waaaay to early to press a panic button when there haven't really been any reasons to panic. Some of the batted ball data looks ugly but it's only been 20 PA's. I would strongly recommend against drawing any meaningful conclusions from this data.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

He's struggling but still only striking out 12% of the time. People need to calm down and see how this plays out over the next couple weeks. Every player has some bad weeks - if this came in the middle of June it would mostly go unnoticed. It's waaaay to early to press a panic button when there haven't really been any reasons to panic. Some of the batted ball data looks ugly but it's only been 20 PA's. I would strongly recommend against drawing any meaningful conclusions from this data.

Exactly.  Granted he has a much smaller sample size in the Majors than most, if were to give up on everyone that was off to a horrible start to the season, I'd be cutting/trading Gary Sanchez, Jonathon Schoop, J.D. Martinez, and Marcell Ozuna.  Again, obviously he has much smaller of a track record than them, but it still shows no matter how good you are, you can start off horribly and people should be patient.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Exactly.  Granted he has a much smaller sample size in the Majors than most, if were to give up on everyone that was off to a horrible start to the season, I'd be cutting/trading Gary Sanchez, Jonathon Schoop, J.D. Martinez, and Marcell Ozuna.  Again, obviously he has much smaller of a track record than them, but it still shows no matter how good you are, you can start off horribly and people should be patient.

Don’t forget Jose Ramirez :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why people even bother trying to talk the overreactors off the ledge.  It's the same every single year...the same tired posts are made again and again and again....and serve no purpose other than to make real relevant information more difficult to find.  It would be one thing if these types came with something useful to contribute like noting a hitch in his swing or that he's chasing pitches high in the zone or what have you...but they don't.  They simply overreact and say "he's swinging at horrible pitches".  Uh yeah.  That's what happens when a player is slumping (and I'm not even sure that there is even enough information to even call this a slump...but whatever).  Welcome to Baseball 101.

 

Disclaimer:  I do not own Albies anywhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jrod124 said:

Don’t forget Jose Ramirez :(

I don't own him, which is why I didn't list him, but I did think of that after I posted since he's gone hitless so far this season.  He is definitely another example of why you have to be patient though.  Whether you believe he will repeat his 2017 season or not, he's definitely a .300+ hitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...