NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 10

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenyan Drake looked good, he will get volume

Deonte Thompson looks to have a role in the Bills offense, I dont think KB will kill his value

Brice Butler if Dez is out

Paxton Lynch - wizard of OZ experiment can go on again

Robert Woods - goto guy it seems in LA

Corey Clement - seems to have the Darren Sproles role but lotsa mouths to feed

For everyone who lost Watson and is in the qb scramble now, bortles has put up three respectable weeks in a row with around 250 yards about 20 rushing yards a td and only one int over those three. 

His schedule going forward though is pretty friendly for the most part, Cleveland Arizona, Indy and Houston + San Fran in the playoffs 

5 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Chris Carson was worth it before he got injured. McKinnon hasn't been bad (2 of 3 weeks with ~20 points). Evan Engram.

Eh. It's still have a terrible year for high waivers IMO. Outside of the QB position (Watson, Wentz in some leagues), it's much more dry than previous years

Adam Humphries for a one week flyer. With Evans likely out he would be in line for increased targets. DJax would still serve as the deep threat to keep attention off him. Fitz is actually an upgrade over what Winston has been. Plus a nice revenge game for him. Jets looked good against the run and weak against the pass last week. 

32 minutes ago, Jwook said:

Any chance Peyton Barber is pushing D. Martin for time? I know it was a blowout, but he looked pretty good running against the Saints yesterday.

Not a bad flyer to take.  That teams is a mess right now and make shake things up.  Martin has been mediocre all year since returning from his suspension, could easily see PBarb sharing the carries and them seeing what he can do

if u don't have a stud defense already, for those of us who stream and are locked into playoffs the  bears off the bye is a good pickup for playoff run:

13 -SF

14- @Cin

15- @Det

16- Cle

added bonus is for those who have to drop the Eagles because of wk 10 bye the bears are playing GB

Edited by dashoe
15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

if u don't have a stud defense already, for those of us who stream and are locked into playoffs the  bears off the bye is a good pickup for playoff run:

13 -SF

14- @Cin

15- @Det

16- Cle

added bonus is for those who have to drop the Eagles because of wk 10 bye the bears are playing GB

Not a bad call - probably safe to assume they'll stay available until closer to week 13 however.  I'm going to try and stream Steelers or Patriots week 10.

39 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

Not a bad call - probably safe to assume they'll stay available until closer to week 13 however.  I'm going to try and stream Steelers or Patriots week 10.

Detroit too.. play CLE week 10.. could pick right now as FA

I just learned something new today on my Yahoo money league. I tried putting in a claim for a player I cut this week and Yahoo said basically “no can do” until AFTER this period ends. In other words, I can’t get that player via waiver.  I can only pick him  up as a FREE AGENT, which means all other 9 teams can pick up 3 waivers each and I have to wait for them to finish before I can try to pick up that particular player (only applies to the one I cut). In other words, my chances are very small in getting him back even though my waiver number is 4. 

Anyone know how to get around that setup so I can claim off WAIVERS? 

27 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I just learned something new today on my Yahoo money league. I tried putting in a claim for a player I cut this week and Yahoo said basically “no can do” until AFTER this period ends. In other words, I can’t get that player via waiver.  I can only pick him  up as a FREE AGENT, which means all other 9 teams can pick up 3 waivers each and I have to wait for them to finish before I can try to pick up that particular player (only applies to the one I cut). In other words, my chances are very small in getting him back even though my waiver number is 4. 

Anyone know how to get around that setup so I can claim off WAIVERS? 

Not for this forum, of course, but I believe if you set your league to FAAB instead of the archaic rolling waivers, then you can put in a bid for that cut player who you are now having second thoughts about.

10 hours ago, Szer0 said:

He came back in the game, but have to watch his practice report. Garrett celek the only other TE left on the team

So Celek is the pickup. Other good streaming options are Njoku, Fells/Ebron

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic