NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Really Really Really Deep Sleepers

2 minutes ago, JeterPimpedUrGF said:

For all of us guys playing in 20 team leagues I thought this might be a help. Looking for really really under the radar adds that can either help a team here and now or that could be a worthwhile stash. 

What "this"? :ph34r:

Also, 20 team, 13 deep, would suggest playerd outside of the top 260, correct?

Edited by PuzzBeterson

This as in this thread. 

I play in a 20 team league with 17 deep for rosters so as u can figure the player pool is barren. I thought this thread could help people like you and me to become more aware of guys who are wasting away at the end of a bench and are the 0% owned types that may make an impact at some point. 

I'm not sure when the exact date is for the over-sea guys to be able to sign but it's always a good idea to keep those potential guys in mind.  Especially in deeper leagues 14+ and even some deeper 12 teamers.  Over the years I've nabbed quite a few. Vucevic was a great pickup game changer for me when I nabbed him once he was eligible to come over.  He just one example of many throughout the years. I've been meaning to look up who's eligible to come over this year but just haven't had the time.  

Monk and Isaac are loooooooong gone. The overseas player post is more on point. Literally the guys that I mean by really really really deep guys are guys who might be stowed away in the development league or are buried at the end of a team's bench as emergency depth kind of guy or a 10 day contract sorta guy. It's basically the players who are 2% owned and under. I know in the league I'm in the only player on free agency above 0% owned is Monta Ellis at 2% owned. So the point of this post is to help all the managers in leagues like this one where it's next to impossible to find a good player "above the surface". 

The Toronto Kids...Siakam, OG,, Poetl are all versatile forwards who can do it all on the floor. One of them will separate themselves from the crowd soon and be fantasy relevant by mid season. Who...not sure? But Ibaka/Val is a sorry old frontcourt and these kids have way too much talent to be kept down for too long.

Isaiah Taylor (Probably the hot new pickup in a league that deep)

Semi Ojeleye

Guerschon Yabusele

Abdel Nader

Ante Zizic

Wade Baldwin

Montrezel Harrell

Henry Ellenson

Jordan Bell (feel like he'd be gone in that deep of a league)

Johnny O'Bryant

Malachi Richardson

Daniel Theis (Not much upside, but he'll contribute more in the short term than most of these guys)

Glen Robinson³

Cheick Diallo

Ante Zizic

Patrick McCaw

Timothe Luwau Cabral

Bryn Forbes

Dillon Brooks

Noah Vonleh

Daniel Theis

Brandon Paul

Dakari Johnson

Caleb Swanigan

Sindarius Thornwell

Guershon Yabusele

Damyean Dotson

Ike Anignobogubo

Terrance Ferguson

Cedi Osman

Furkan Korkmaz

Jawun Evans

Justin Patton

Luke Babbitt

Wayne Ellington

^ Ditto to Glenn Robinson and Cheick Diallo. Missed those two. Dakari Johnson and T. Ferg as well. I have to think that McCaw, Brooks, and Vonleh are long gone though. I'm curious to see OP's feedback for some of these suggestions. Were trying to move in this direction in a dynasty league and I would love to see what kind of talent I'm going to be scrounging around for if that ever happens.

5 hours ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Glen Robinson³

Cheick Diallo

Ante Zizic

Patrick McCaw

Timothe Luwau Cabral

Bryn Forbes

Dillon Brooks

Noah Vonleh

Daniel Theis

Brandon Paul

Dakari Johnson

Caleb Swanigan

Sindarius Thornwell

Guershon Yabusele

Damyean Dotson

Ike Anignobogubo

Terrance Ferguson

Cedi Osman

Furkan Korkmaz

Jawun Evans

Justin Patton

Luke Babbitt

Wayne Ellington

Except for Dillon Brooks, everyone else on this list is on the waiver wire in both my 20 team leagues. 

I'd keep an eye on Babbit just for the opportunity he currently has.

Glen Robinson is an interesting pick, but I'm not too sure what type of role he'll have when he returns.

Don't really buy into any of the other players listed in redraft leagues.

6 hours ago, tremixt said:

Except for Dillon Brooks, everyone else on this list is on the waiver wire in both my 20 team leagues. 

I'd keep an eye on Babbit just for the opportunity he currently has.

Glen Robinson is an interesting pick, but I'm not too sure what type of role he'll have when he returns.

Don't really buy into any of the other players listed in redraft leagues.

The question was deep sleepers for a 20 team league. Not sleepers. Not players that should be owned. Not players owned in a 20 team league. Not players owned in tremixt's 20 team league.

7 hours ago, PuzzBeterson said:

The question was deep sleepers for a 20 team league. Not sleepers. Not players that should be owned. Not players owned in a 20 team league. Not players owned in tremixt's 20 team league.

Sounds like you took offense to my post. No need for the hypersensitivity. I quoted your post because I thought it was a solid list. Some of the other lists had players who were most likely on rosters, even in 20 team leagues.  I just added my own commentary based off what I've seen. Something that is typical of rotoworld. 

Edited by tremixt

I've been in the same 30 team league for years so I always keep track of any fantasy relevant players. Its quite fun actually to always have an extra roster spot open at some point so you add a potential star. For this year I recently got Brandon Paul for my 15th spot and really like that he has shot above 50% from the field + 3 point land. He has shown potential to get steals, the occasional highlight block, and to be efficient with his shots when he's feeling it. Hell he even had a sick a** pass to Murray game that reminded me of Manu. While he could fall out of the rotation when Leonard comes back its worth to mention that SAS lacks shooting and essentially could use Paul as this years version of Jonathan Simmons.

With that being said guys Like Luke Babbit, Isaiah Taylor, Treveon Graham, wait for this.. Maxamillian Kleber (some dude from Dirks town I think), Josh Huestis, Kevon Looney, Johnny O'Byrant, Shane Larkin, Jarrett Jack, and yes... Josh Smith have been picked up within the last week. None of them have much upside really but Jack has been producing well at everything except for shooting... Could be helpful short term since NYK has been playing well with Jack starting. All of these guys are probably too deep for even 20 team leagues lol

1 hour ago, tremixt said:

Sounds like you took offense to my post. No need for the hypersensitivity. I quoted your post because I thought it was a solid list. Some of the other lists had players who were most likely on rosters, even in 20 team leagues.  I just added my own commentary based off what I've seen. Something that is typical of rotoworld. 

You're right and you addded you don't buy into them in redraft - I think most of them could be on watchlists for dynasty settings.