NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drop Chriss for Tyson Chandler? WHIR!

I've been waiting for Chriss to breakout, but it hasn't come yet. With Bender and Dudley cutting into his minutes, I don't really see a light at the end of the tunnel with this guy. I'm trailing in FG% and boards in my league, and Tyson Chandler is the best option on the wire. Considering he consistently gets around 25 minutes a game with 8-10 boards, should I cut bait with Chriss and get Chandler, or wait for the breakout to happen?

I'm a Chriss owner and holding no matter what. His upside is huge contributing in unique combo of blocks and 3's with a splatter of other cats including rebounds. Just look at his post all-star numbers and yes you might need to be patient. Chandler is old and can't hang on to his job for much longer plus he's about as limited as they come contributing Rebounds and literally nothing else. You have to figure the Suns will go full tank mode and insert Len in there even though they hate him.  You can always get Boards somewhere else I gather no one with Chriss's upside on the waiver wire.

12 minutes ago, yyampolsky said:

I'm a Chriss owner and holding no matter what. His upside is huge contributing in unique combo of blocks and 3's with a splatter of other cats including rebounds. Just look at his post all-star numbers and yes you might need to be patient. Chandler is old and can't hang on to his job for much longer plus he's about as limited as they come contributing Rebounds and literally nothing else. You have to figure the Suns will go full tank mode and insert Len in there even though they hate him.  You can always get Boards somewhere else I gather no one with Chriss's upside on the waiver wire.

All great points

imo for a 12 team i think you should be able to find better. There should still be some decent players on the ww. Is Portis or JaMychael available? They might be a better risk IMO than chriss. Otherwise I would stick with Chriss over chandler imo. Usually for those last spots, I like to take risks with players in ww. In this ase Chriss is a decent option for moderate risk/high reward. But again, if portis or jamychael is available, they might be a better pickup.

20 minutes ago, BallAnd1 said:

I would hold on to him unless you're really behind. He has lots of upside but last year he went off after the all star break. He also has C eligibility in yahoo leagues which is the main reason i'm still holding on to him as well. 

I'm pretty sure I commented on this already, but I would try to aim higher. Bledsoe is slight less superior than Holiday is. Try to package Valeciunas for Kemba.