Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a fair debate But I go with the guy that:   A. Has higher untapped upside ceiling B. Has not shown you even his floor yet C. Was the draft pick of the guy coaching him and

Welcome to Using Waiver Priority on Impatient Drops City!  

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

wtf

 

Why did Okafor get more mins?

 

I can't win with the Nets' centers

Possibly showcasing Okafor...? Maybe... but I ain’t complaining with Allen’s production tonight... he’ll only get better going forward, I reckon...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't paying too much attention to the game, but I think it was starting to get away from the nets and then the bench got it a bit close again, which is why Okafor stayed on longer (I THINK). Either way, Allen is looking good. he has gotten 11 shots in every game for the past 3 games, and he was unlucky not to make some easy ones today. With that volume he can be a huge FG% asset.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

I wasn't paying too much attention to the game, but I think it was starting to get away from the nets and then the bench got it a bit close again, which is why Okafor stayed on longer (I THINK). Either way, Allen is looking good. he has gotten 11 shots in every game for the past 3 games, and he was unlucky not to make some easy ones today. With that volume he can be a huge FG% asset.

Just the opposite. Okafor -18, Allen +8. My feeling is they just don't want to win, like yesterday's Dallas. Bricking, TOing, the coach just let it happens.

Edited by littlesamtung
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

Just the opposite. Okafor -18, Allen +8. My feeling is they just don't want to win, like yesterday's Dallas. Bricking, TOing, the coach just let it happens.

 

Yeah, I watched the game, and that's what it seemed like. The game started off great - the first unit's offense was actually clicking (rare nowadays), and they had a plus rating overall. Then, after the second unit was inserted, they were picked apart by CP3 and fell behind, eventually falling behind in double digits. In the fourth quarter, at the 8-minute mark, the starters were re-inserted but yanked after only two minutes, with 6 minutes left in the game. Beside being annoyed, I was actually also confused until I remembered they were tanking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chill, guy is averaging 9.6 rebs per 36mins, and 6.7 rebs (2.5 OReb) in last 10 games.

As a 19-year-old rookie, he has been outstanding in TO and PF control, with a good FG% and FT%.

He still got a long way to go. Expect him to be inconsistent from time to time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

Just the opposite. Okafor -18, Allen +8. My feeling is they just don't want to win, like yesterday's Dallas. Bricking, TOing, the coach just let it happens.

 

Maybe they will tank so they can get a top draft pick to waste by trading for more bloated veteran contracts. :rolleyes: Nets' specialty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thetomkuczek said:

How do you guys see him doing against Drummond and Griffin tonight? I love what I've seen so far, but I don't know about this matchup.

I assume Drummond will have 25 reb game (10 OREB at least).. he is really monster last few weeks, my guess is our boy catches 2 quick fouls and never gets it going tonight..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Akauders said:

I assume Drummond will have 25 reb game (10 OREB at least).. he is really monster last few weeks, my guess is our boy catches 2 quick fouls and never gets it going tonight..

 

 

mmm, not really.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...