NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dalvin Cook ($32) for Brandin Cooks ($29) in an auction keeper? WHIR

Trifecta

12 team 0.3 ppr 

I'm in first place and can make a push to win the regular season (free buy in), get a first round bye week in the playoffs, and possibly win the whole league.

We can keep as many players as we want for as long as we want. Each year the cost to keep goes up $5.

My team (next year's cost if kept):

Wentz $15

Ingram $16

McCaffrey $36

Evans $33

Julio $54 (won't keep)

Delanie $15 

Emmanuel Sanders $9

Kicker: Walsh

D/ST: Vikes and Eagles

Bench likely keepers:

Cook* $32, 

Woodhead $15,

Cohen $2,

Breida $2,

Bench unlikely to be kept:

Mariota $20

Kyle Rudolph $15

Parker $15 (depends on dolphins off-season moves)

I don't have a great flex option right now. Woodhead could be. Sanders and Parker should be. In a must win week to lock down 1st seed, reg season champ and a first round bye, I am planning on starting Rudolph AND Delanie because I don't trust my flex options. Cooks would be a scary flex and a solid keeper. 

Do I sacrifice having a likely RB1 in Cook and go ahead and lock down my flex and have a good priced WR to pair with evans?

Edited by Trifecta

Not too familiar with keeper leagues but I like you holding Dalvin Cook. 

Woodhead at the flex should be ok. I understand not knowing what will happen to any Denver skill players now that coordinator and qb change. 

You should be able to grab another good wr with Julio off the books. I wonder what players at wr will be thrown into the pool?

agree with getting mariota, Rudolph, and Parker out too. Opens up a lot of $$$. Heck you might take a gamble depending on other values and get both tight ends out too. Worst case I don’t see walker and Rudolph going back for $15. Could get Olsen with saved $ but not sure what his keeper value is. 

For me It's really all about weighing the value of winning now vs having a better RB situation long term.

My team next year would be nasty and it is the only thing giving me a little hesitation. This league is $125 buy in and if I win I keep that in my pocket. If I win the whole league it's another $1,000.

My team next year if I stay put:

Wentz

Cook, Ingram, Mccaffrey, Woodhead, Cohen, Breida

Evans, Sanders (will draft a wr3 and wr4 likely)

Delanie 

$25 left over for my remaining bench players.

Getting cooks on the team actually balances my team out a bit as far as keepers. And definitely puts my flex spot over the edge for this week and the playoffs.

$125 on the line this week when in boils down to it. Who would you start in the flex if I stand pat??

23 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

For me It's really all about weighing the value of winning now vs having a better RB situation long term.

My team next year would be nasty and it is the only thing giving me a little hesitation. This league is $125 buy in and if I win I keep that in my pocket. If I win the whole league it's another $1,000.

My team next year if I stay put:

Wentz

Cook, Ingram, Mccaffrey, Woodhead, Cohen, Breida

Evans, Sanders (will draft a wr3 and wr4 likely)

Delanie 

$25 left over for my remaining bench players.

Getting cooks on the team actually balances my team out a bit as far as keepers. And definitely puts my flex spot over the edge for this week and the playoffs.

$125 on the line this week when in boils down to it. Who would you start in the flex if I stand pat??

I’m not sure on sanders there with everything going on. Honestly, woodhead may not be a bad option there. He played I think 13 snaps only first game back and has 1 carry + 6 targets. He was the main guy on over 50% of the time he was in there! Even if he doubles his snap count to 26, you should expect 2-3 carries with maybe 8-9 targets. That’s crazy to think but he gets used a lot. Week 1 was on his way and last week sbviousky wanted him too on limited counts. Heck, gb offense did nothing too

Yeah I am hopeful on Woodhead but can I really trust a large increase in usage this week with everything I have on the line?

I forgot to mention it's a 200 budget... so the only reason I'm keeping guys like Cohen and breida is because they are only 1% of my budget.

I'm really torn here. There is a lot of interest in Cook and I could try elsewhere. Hyde for 37 is a potential trade option. Or I could go after a cheaper wr like Michael Thomas $13. 

10 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Yeah I am hopeful on Woodhead but can I really trust a large increase in usage this week with everything I have on the line?

I forgot to mention it's a 200 budget... so the only reason I'm keeping guys like Cohen and breida is because they are only 1% of my budget.

I'm really torn here. There is a lot of interest in Cook and I could try elsewhere. Hyde for 37 is a potential trade option. Or I could go after a cheaper wr like Michael Thomas $13. 

Michael Thomas for $13 is insane value

10 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Michael Thomas for $13 is insane value

That's more of an ideal, hope it gets accepted kind of deal. It's not on the table like cooks.

Edited by Trifecta

You play to win the game. Acquiring Cooks gives you a significantly-improved chance to get that free buy-in for 1st place, and to win the league overall this year. As an owner in an auction-format keeper league, I would absolutely take this deal. You will kick yourself if you end up losing a game in the playoffs that Cooks would have made a difference in for you. 

Michael Thomas for dalvin was a no go.

Cooks for cook is still on the table. While I do like cooks, he still isn't the most comforting of options considering how much the patriots spread the ball around. I would keep him next year for 29 and hope be has even more chemistry with Brady, but it's not the 100% slam dunk of a keeper like dalvin cook (RB1 types start at $40).

Hyde is 37 for clarification.

So $5 more than Cook, but he's not coming off a bad knee injury, he could end up in an even better offensive situation as an unrestricted free agent, and he can actually help me win this year unlike cook. 

18 hours ago, Trifecta said:

That's more of an ideal, hope it gets accepted kind of deal. It's not on the table like cooks.

Davlin >> Cooks for me, especially in this keeper format. 

But if you can get Michael Thomas, especially with a $13 price tag, that's a no brainer. 

Help in return please: http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/685288-rank-these-rbs-rest-of-season/

Just now, shaman0610 said:

Davlin >> Cooks for me, especially in this keeper format. 

But if you can get Michael Thomas, especially with a $13 price tag, that's a no brainer. 

Help in return please: http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/685288-rank-these-rbs-rest-of-season/

Michael Thomas was a no-go.

My options are Cooks (29) or Hyde (37) for Cook (32).

I have Hyde's backup in Breida and Hyde is an unrestricted free agent so I'll either have the niners backfield locked down or I could potentially have two starting RBs if Hyde is signed elsewhere and breida gets a big role in SF.

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

Michael Thomas was a no-go.

My options are Cooks (29) or Hyde (37) for Cook (32).

I have Hyde's backup in Breida and Hyde is an unrestricted free agent so I'll either have the niners backfield locked down or I could potentially have two starting RBs if Hyde is signed elsewhere and breida gets a big role in SF.

I feel more comfortable thinking that SF continues to rebuild and Hyde walks over him staying. . . given that you have Breida I don't mind the idea of gambling a bit there and going after Hyde. That being said, I like Cook > Hyde long-term, so it's just a matter of how much you want to make a run at this season.

1 minute ago, shaman0610 said:

I feel more comfortable thinking that SF continues to rebuild and Hyde walks over him staying. . . given that you have Breida I don't mind the idea of gambling a bit there and going after Hyde. That being said, I like Cook > Hyde long-term, so it's just a matter of how much you want to make a run at this season.

When you are one win away from regular season champ, $125 entry fee comped, 1st round bye, and then two matchups after bye away from $1,000... when you are so close you can taste it... the inclination is to gamble to win now.

Would you feel comfortable in my odds of winning this week? Winning the championship outright? With my current flex options? That's the dilemma I'm facing... winning now is potentially very lucrative and there is a level of risk in dalvin coming back from the knee injury.

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

When you are one win away from regular season champ, $125 entry fee comped, 1st round bye, and then two matchups after bye away from $1,000... when you are so close you can taste it... the inclination is to gamble to win now.

Would you feel comfortable in my odds of winning this week? Winning the championship outright? With my current flex options? That's the dilemma I'm facing... winning now is potentially very lucrative and there is a level of risk in dalvin coming back from the knee injury.

I purposefully didn't elaborate on those kind of questions because I don't know the matchup you face this week, I don't know the matchup your main opponents fact that are competing for the #1 slot, and I don't know what your league composition is like in terms of parity to get to and win the championship. 

I personally prefer winning here & now, and it sounds like you are of a similar mind. Go for Hyde as I already recommended, it gives you short-term advantage with potential benefit the next year or two as well. 

Also, if you can help me in return I'd be grateful http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/685288-rank-these-rbs-rest-of-season/

3 minutes ago, shaman0610 said:

I purposefully didn't elaborate on those kind of questions because I don't know the matchup you face this week, I don't know the matchup your main opponents fact that are competing for the #1 slot, and I don't know what your league composition is like in terms of parity to get to and win the championship. 

I personally prefer winning here & now, and it sounds like you are of a similar mind. Go for Hyde as I already recommended, it gives you short-term advantage with potential benefit the next year or two as well. 

Also, if you can help me in return I'd be grateful http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/685288-rank-these-rbs-rest-of-season/

I hit you back sorry it took me awhile to think yours over. Some ugly options.

So as far as matchup, my starting lineup is:

Wentz, Ingram, Mccaffrey, Julio, Evans, Delanie, Rudolph, eagles d, Blair Walsh

My opponents starting lineup:

Cousins, Lamar Miller, Perine, AB, Rishard Matthews, Olsen, Latavius, Cheifs D, Gostowski

15 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I hit you back sorry it took me awhile to think yours over. Some ugly options.

So as far as matchup, my starting lineup is:

Wentz, Ingram, Mccaffrey, Julio, Evans, Delanie, Rudolph, eagles d, Blair Walsh

My opponents starting lineup:

Cousins, Lamar Miller, Perine, AB, Rishard Matthews, Olsen, Latavius, Cheifs D, Gostowski

yup, it's ugly. If you are going to pull this trade, I"d move quick so you can get Hyde in that flex spot over Rudolph! Good luck

34 minutes ago, studboy said:

I like Cooks and Carson for Dalvin in your situation.  Be careful of taking your eyes off the prize.  It's great to set yourself up for next year but winning now is the goal.

I actually like Hyde better this week than cooks in a vacuum.

3 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Hyde is 37 for clarification.

So $5 more than Cook, but he's not coming off a bad knee injury, he could end up in an even better offensive situation as an unrestricted free agent, and he can actually help me win this year unlike cook. 

If you play to win this year, cooks is the better option than Hyde imo. I don’t like Hyde ROS at all. Breida will get used more. 

However, I think woodhead will be just fine in that flex spot. 

You might want want to do it now just for insurance against a major injury, especially when Julio is nursing injuries. That will derail you. If one wr gets hurt, you at least would have cooks to plug in plus woodhead at flex still. 

Not or a fan of Devante Parker. Honestly have no idea what to expect in Denver. It’s a matter of keeping cooks after a trade to pair with Evans. Dropping Julio and then spend $ next year on rb. 

41 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

If you play to win this year, cooks is the better option than Hyde imo. I don’t like Hyde ROS at all. Breida will get used more. 

However, I think woodhead will be just fine in that flex spot. 

You might want want to do it now just for insurance against a major injury, especially when Julio is nursing injuries. That will derail you. If one wr gets hurt, you at least would have cooks to plug in plus woodhead at flex still. 

Not or a fan of Devante Parker. Honestly have no idea what to expect in Denver. It’s a matter of keeping cooks after a trade to pair with Evans. Dropping Julio and then spend $ next year on rb. 

I'm not sure I'dhave to spend too much on rb with Ingram, Mccaffrey, Woodhead and cohen.