NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My final take on Bell:   It's pretty crazy to me because no one is denying how talented he is, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. It's pretty evident that he has great per minute stats

^ Yeah I was going to make a very similar argument. His argument would only work if the other teams did nothing to get better. The other teams enhanced their small ball approach and made it even more

3 minutes ago, Jin said:

The real question should be, how is Zaza going to get minutes when he comes back. ^_^

Solid answer but I don't see Jordan taking over at C when Zaza s back this year as much as I want it to happen. 

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Solid answer but I don't see Jordan taking over at C when Zaza s back this year as much as I want it to happen. 

Whys that? Kerr has never seemed to shy away from giving young guys with potential good minutes. Zaza doesn't really do anything aside from set screens that the Warriors need him to start for. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Whys that? Kerr has never seemed to shy away from giving young guys with potential good minutes. Zaza doesn't really do anything aside from set screens that the Warriors need him to start for. 

Why change what works? I love Bell but he's lighting up the Lakers in one game. The best team in the league isn't going change their lineup permanently because of that. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, q6174 said:

You guys know that Steph Curry is out right? And should be back soonish.

Steph isn't gonna impact Bell's minutes. And Bell's value will come from boards and defensive stats. Bell isn't gonna be a scorer with or without Steph, but considering how much attention Steph gets and how good of a playmaker he is, Bell can theoretically get better open looks for dunks. 

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

He actually does the opposite. He gives minutes to everyone, including vets, instead of maximizing the time of the young players. Also, Zaza is a good passer so he doesn't only set screens. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

He actually does the opposite. He gives minutes to everyone, including vets, instead of maximizing the time of the young players. Also, Zaza is a good passer so he doesn't only set screens. 

This. Other than the cores (Draymond, KD, Klay, Curry), the rest just splits mins.And down the stretch, it will be the cores + Igudala..

That is not to say Bell is not a add here. He will be doing 20 mins..I think. Good enough

6 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Must add in 10 team leagues ? 

Honestly, I don’t think so unless you’ve got studs already and just want to play the wire for the hell of it. I’m in first in my league, and I’ve had him several times, but the minute allotment is so lackluster that it kinda dissuades you from the whole debacle. The dude is a beast, but he needs the time to show it, and the warriors are too structured to let him loose in the manner that 10 teamers require. There are starters out there on the wire.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

Honestly, I don’t think so unless you’ve got studs already and just want to play the wire for the hell of it. I’m in first in my league, and I’ve had him several times, but the minute allotment is so lackluster that it kinda dissuades you from the whole debacle. The dude is a beast, but he needs the time to show it, and the warriors are too structured to let him loose in the manner that 10 teamers require. There are starters out there on the wire.

It can't hurt if you have an open spot at the end of your bench, though. Blocks are hard to find on the wire. 

RW had it right when they said that he's been killing it when he's played next to Draymond. If he sticks in the starting lineup with Draymond, Klay and Durant (and eventually Curry), this could be exactly what we've all been waiting for.

Even if he starts and only gets 24 minutes per game, his per-36's should be out the roof.

Might be early to get excited, but if he ends up sticking in the starting rotation and receives 25 minutes a game, expect these numbers:

64.0 FG%, 9.5 PPG / 6.0 REB / 2.5 APG / 1.4 SPG / 1.8 BPG

"Over his 83 minutes with Dray this season, Bell has per-36 averages of 24.3 points, 10.0 boards, 2.6 steals, 3.5 blocks and 1.7 turnovers on 79.4 percent from the field."

As a hopeful owner, please let him stick in the starting lineup :D

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

RW had it right when they said that he's been killing it when he's played next to Draymond. If he sticks in the starting lineup with Draymond, Klay and Durant (and eventually Curry), this could be exactly what we've all been waiting for.

Even if he starts and only gets 24 minutes per game, his per-36's should be out the roof.

Might be early to get excited, but if he ends up sticking in the starting rotation and receives 25 minutes a game, expect these numbers:

64.0 FG%, 9.5 PPG / 6.0 REB / 2.5 APG / 1.4 SPG / 1.8 BPG

"Over his 83 minutes with Dray this season, Bell has per-36 averages of 24.3 points, 10.0 boards, 2.6 steals, 3.5 blocks and 1.7 turnovers on 79.4 percent from the field."

As a hopeful owner, please let him stick in the starting lineup :D

That's reasonable. I think he'll get close to 25 minutes going forward. The upside is too high to keep on the wire. He was on my watch list for a while, but after this performance, I had to create an open spot for him. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, adithmuluk said:

Is he worth an add for 12 teamers?

24 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

That's reasonable. I think he'll get close to 25 minutes going forward. The upside is too high to keep on the wire. He was on my watch list for a while, but after this performance, I had to create an open spot for him. 

Blocks and stocks are hard to find each week, especially in 14-teamers and beyond.

As someone who has owned him for the past 5 weeks, even in his previously limited playing time, he gives me at least 8 Stocks Per Week. And usually from those stocks, at least 5 of them are BLKS.

For instance, this week he's given me 65.0 FG%, 100.0 FT%, 30 points, 13 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 stls, 6 blks in 3 games. 

That's 10ppg / 4.3reb / 3.3ast / 1 spg / 2 blk per game. I'll gladly take that every week. 

• Like 4