NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

CORTEz

Just now, CORTEz said:

Blocks and stocks are hard to find each week, especially in 14-teamers and beyond.

As someone who has owned him for the past 5 weeks, even in his previously limited playing time, he gives me at least 8 Stocks Per Week. And usually from those stocks, at least 5 of them are BLKS.

For instance, this week he's given me 65.0 FG%, 100.0 FT%, 30 points, 13 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 stls, 6 blks in 3 games. 

That's 10ppg / 4.3reb / 3.3ast / 1 spg / 2 blk per game. I'll gladly take that every week. 

He's been a top 50 player the past month, according to the FantasyPros player rater. I'll take that as well. 

• Like 3

As a Warrior fan, I'm not expecting him to start once Zaza returns – unless Bell really starts to show out, which is possible but I wouldn't necessarily bank on. However, even coming off the bench, I do expect his minutes to continue to trend upward and settle in at around 23-26 mpg, which will be plenty for him to rack up rebounds and stocks with high efficiency. As for Zaza, he's a smart vet who knows his role and plays it well, and has a full season + 20ish games with the starting lineup, so I do expect him to remain starter and for his minutes to stick at around the 14 his getting now, if not trend a little down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theantishere said:

Steph isn't gonna impact Bell's minutes. And Bell's value will come from boards and defensive stats. Bell isn't gonna be a scorer with or without Steph, but considering how much attention Steph gets and how good of a playmaker he is, Bell can theoretically get better open looks for dunks. 

If the 2nd best scorer will comes back he will impact every guy in this team. Bell is a longtime-protect for the Warriors and Kerr given't a rookie much minutes with all players are healthy. Zaza isn*t the starting-C in minutes. Normally the starting-5 in minutes is Curry-Klay-Iggy-Durant and Green.  Some guys add him because a 20-10-line today, but Green was limited in minutes and Curry is out. Curry isn't the best playmaker in this league. He is more a scorer of #1. His assist-numbers dosen't rise with KD in town.

Simply the Lakers are one of the best teams for Centers of the other team.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

It was a hard decision for me between dropping either Olynyk or Lyles for him, ultimately went with dropping Lyles in my 12 man given olynyk's propensity to put up multi cat lines, and the fact Miami is playing better on offense with him and he's the starter.

Onto Bell, a few weeks back he had a big multi cat game, I snatched him immediately and he rewarded me with 4 points and 5 boards.

With so many good rookies this year I can't stand the thought of Bell finally receiving a steady 25 mpg and putting up insane multi cat week winning lines on someone else's team.

Im really hoping Kerr comes to his senses here and sees how scary his team is with Bell and Draymond playing together.

On the other hand I'm worried about this over inflated line and that he goes back to middling between a big multi cat line and doing nothing.

Give the man minutes, god damn you Kerr.

The problem is, normally the Warriors wins this league with Zaza and Iggy too. And they won the league last year without Bell.  They have West and have McGee and they not in rush to make Bell ready for this league. The focus of Kerr is to bring his players in form for the postseason.  He is a longtime-procect for the next years and its difficult for owners in a redraft-league. I added him 2times this year and it never payed out. Bell hasn't the experience. He must learning. Theres some games in this season he bring good lines for you but i make a bet he dosen't play much minutes against the Cavs.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

15 minutes ago, FantasyEmpire said:

If the 2nd best scorer will comes back he will impact every guy in this team. Bell is a longtime-protect for the Warriors and Kerr given't a rookie much minutes with all players are healthy. Zaza isn*t the starting-C in minutes. Normally the starting-5 in minutes is Curry-Klay-Iggy-Durant and Green.  Some guys add him because a 20-10-line today, but Green was limited in minutes and Curry is out. Curry isn't the best playmaker in this league. He is more a scorer of #1. His assist-numbers dosen't rise with KD in town.

Simply the Lakers are one of the best teams for Centers of the other team.

I said Steph's return won't affect Bell's minutes, not his value, as you're alluding to. Sure Steph's return will impact Bell, but only in the scoring department, and like I said, it may even be better for Bell's scoring (though not by much) since Steph can get him better looks. Steph won't take away any of Bell's boards or stocks, which is where Bell will give most of his production. Neither Zaza or Bell, or any center on the team will get typical starting center minutes, i.e. 28+ a game, cause as you pointed out, the main 5 will be the death lineup, with Green getting a lot of minutes at the 5. 

People adding him and expecting 20-10ish nightly are gonna be disappointed, but he definitely flashed his potential tonight. And fwiw, Green wasn't limited tonight. He played 30 minutes, not far off his 32 mpg on the year. If Bell begins to get 24ish mpg, which I expect to happen soon, he will pay off. I can see 8 points, 6.5 boards, 1 stl, and 1.5 blks on awesome percentages. 

Just dropped jamychal green for bell. I did some homework to compare the two before I pulled the trigger. Strikingly bell is already ranking 46 on yahoo in the past 30 days despite averaging 17 mins (btw green is outside 200)!!!

Yahoo tells me that top 50 is already his floor and if we assume he will get 20+ mins by the end of the season, we are talking about an asset that can end the season in top 50 or above.

• Like 3

Different opinions from two RW writers tonight

Straight from RW Blurb: 

Jordan Bell went off against the Lakers, scoring a career-high 20 points with 10 rebounds, three assists, one steal and one block in 25 minutes on Friday.

He was awesome and coach Steve Kerr really talked him up during his in-game interview on ESPN. "Well, we knew he was good, and we're giving him more and more playing time," Kerr said. Draymond Green returned tonight and it's hardly a surprise to see that Bell was ringing loud and clear. Over his 83 minutes with Dray this season, Bell has per-36 averages of 24.3 points, 10.0 boards, 2.6 steals, 3.5 blocks and 1.7 turnovers on 79.4 percent from the field. If your league is active, you may want to pounce on Bell because his upside is sky high.

Then from their post game Daily Dose:

Jordan Bell notched his first career double-double during Friday’s win over the Lakers, scoring a career-high 20 points on 9-of-13 shooting (2-of-2 from the line) to go with 10 rebounds, three assists, one steal, one block and one turnover through 25 minutes as a starter sans Zaza Pachulia (shoulder). I think Bell is worth a speculative add in most leagues, but I’m not all that convinced that he’ll be able to keep this up once Pachulia is back, so I wouldn’t recommend cutting anyone with long-term potential.

• Like 1

i don't think he will be this norm, but he will have good games maybe once a week because warriors blow teams out at least once a week. So even if everyone is healthy he still has a chance to be productive if he can give one good game per week

I read above some posters debating about how Pachulia will take over and Bell will go back to being insignificant versus the comparisons made with Kerr unleashing Draymond and benching David Lee in his favor. I see a lot of similarities here, and have to agree with the Draymond over Lee comparisons. Kerr received pressure, and simply couldn't ignore Draymond anymore because he forced his hand every time he played. David Lee (like Pachulia) was a high post passing threat who could run the floor, get offensive rebounds, set good picks, hit some mid range shots and get garbage buckets. So what separated he and Draymond? It wasn't just Draymond's range, it was his athleticism, defensive ability, and the ability to grab a rebound and take it coast to coast and make a play (whether a score or a pass); this is where the same situation is playing itself out. Pachulia is a solid man to man defender and takes charges, he's a high IQ level player, but Bell is a dynamic player who can change the entire outcome of the game with his athleticism. He can block multiple shots on the same possession, then take the ball, run the other way and either go up for an athletic finish or make a wonderful pass (he's shown he's a very good passer with solid vision thus far). 

The added element of his defensive potential is scary with their already formidable 4 next to him, and he's still developing his offensive skill. We also have to take into account what each of them means to the future of the franchise. Pachulia is old and a few years away from being out of the league, and Bell is a guy who will be a franchise cornerstone for years to come.

At this point the only thing on our way is Kerr, and it looks like he's having his hand forced by the day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

I read above some posters debating about how Pachulia will take over and Bell will go back to being insignificant versus the comparisons made with Kerr unleashing Draymond and benching David Lee in his favor. I see a lot of similarities here, and have to agree with the Draymond over Lee comparisons. Kerr received pressure, and simply couldn't ignore Draymond anymore because he forced his hand every time he played. David Lee (like Pachulia) was a high post passing threat who could run the floor, get offensive rebounds, set good picks, hit some mid range shots and get garbage buckets. So what separated he and Draymond? It wasn't just Draymond's range, it was his athleticism, defensive ability, and the ability to grab a rebound and take it coast to coast and make a play (whether a score or a pass); this is where the same situation is playing itself out. Pachulia is a solid man to man defender and takes charges, he's a high IQ level player, but Bell is a dynamic player who can change the entire outcome of the game with his athleticism. He can block multiple shots on the same possession, then take the ball, run the other way and either go up for an athletic finish or make a wonderful pass (he's shown he's a very good passer with solid vision thus far). 

The added element of his defensive potential is scary with their already formidable 4 next to him, and he's still developing his offensive skill. We also have to take into account what each of them means to the future of the franchise. Pachulia is old and a few years away from being out of the league, and Bell is a guy who will be a franchise cornerstone for years to come.

At this point the only thing on our way is Kerr, and it looks like he's having his hand forced by the day. 

He is the modern day 5, minus the shooting which he will have plenty of time to develop the next few years. The thought of him and Green on the floor and developing more chemistry if definitely a scary thought.

Sorry I just think the people who are pessimistic here about his outlook when Zaza returns are just salty they didn’t grab the dude. You can’t deny his potential and I agree about the situation with Dray and Lee before. The Warriors have a chance to groom another stud and I think Kerr realizes this. 

Grab him now while you still can. You can do worse with your deep bench spots. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Different opinions from two RW writers tonight

Straight from RW Blurb: 

Jordan Bell went off against the Lakers, scoring a career-high 20 points with 10 rebounds, three assists, one steal and one block in 25 minutes on Friday.

He was awesome and coach Steve Kerr really talked him up during his in-game interview on ESPN. "Well, we knew he was good, and we're giving him more and more playing time," Kerr said. Draymond Green returned tonight and it's hardly a surprise to see that Bell was ringing loud and clear. Over his 83 minutes with Dray this season, Bell has per-36 averages of 24.3 points, 10.0 boards, 2.6 steals, 3.5 blocks and 1.7 turnovers on 79.4 percent from the field. If your league is active, you may want to pounce on Bell because his upside is sky high.

Then from their post game Daily Dose:

Jordan Bell notched his first career double-double during Friday’s win over the Lakers, scoring a career-high 20 points on 9-of-13 shooting (2-of-2 from the line) to go with 10 rebounds, three assists, one steal, one block and one turnover through 25 minutes as a starter sans Zaza Pachulia (shoulder). I think Bell is worth a speculative add in most leagues, but I’m not all that convinced that he’ll be able to keep this up once Pachulia is back, so I wouldn’t recommend cutting anyone with long-term potential.

They're always like that which I think is stupid. 

If different people are going to do blurbs, then show who's writing it. If not, you just sound like you're contradicting yourself like an idiot, rotoworld. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

So is Bell a clear "run don't walk" add here or are we just gushing over last night's game? Is he in a possible situation as John Collins and possible future starting role for GS? 

I want(ed) to see more but he was scooped up in my 10 man league.