NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

CORTEz

3 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

This is fantasy. You're using low BBall IQ to evaluate who you should pick up? You act like if something happened to Markanen or Mirotic you wouldn't run to the wire and pick up Portis.

next.

Thats the big if....opportunity really counts in fantasy...

A coach wont play his stupid players if given a choice...

3 minutes ago, bradychen said:

how does one determine the bball iq here?

How they defend and how they position themselves

30 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

I get it, he has tremendous upside, but honestly feels like one of those old Bobby Portis threads.

It's not a matter of what Bell can bring to the table, I just doubt Kerr's rotations and minutes distribution. Curry got injured on Dec. 4th, and that's exactly when Bell's minutes jumped to nearly 22-24 minutes a game since. It helped that Draymond (missed 5 games from the 6th to the 20th) and Zaza (played 1 game from the 4th - 25th) was also out with injuries of their own. So in theory, Kerr's rotations usually consists of:

Curry Thompson Durant Green Zaza

Livingston McCaw Iggy Casspi West

and you STILL got Young and McGee and the occasional Kevin Looney.

Now, do I think Bell has made it hard for Kerr to play Bell more, over the likes of Looney and McGee? Sure. But given this 10+ man rotation which Kerr usually runs, where you can bet Durant Thompson Green and Curry are going to exceed 30+ minutes, I highly doubt Kerr will throw a rookie out there for over 20 minutes once the squad is healthy. They won a championship with Zaza out there. He's underrated in his grit and his ability to draw screens for the snipers on GS. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's party. I own Bell in 1 league and I'm honestly ready to drop once Curry comes back.

You made some very good points, but here's the thing - at this point Kerr knows for sure he's going to need this kid during the playoffs. They'll need him to matchup with San Antonio, Houston, and Cleveland because with him in the lineup they can switch on anything and he can help D up Kawhi, LBJ, etc. They already know what they have with Zaza. So it only makes sense that Kerr gives Bell as much playing time during the regular season as possible to build that synergy and to shake out all the rookie mistakes. Case in point was the Christmas game against Cleveland - he could've easily gone with a vet during crunch time, but decided to give Bell the experience. Kerr will do his best to manage feelings and give others playing time, but in the teams best interests for the offseason he'll continue to groom Bell and give him 20+ minutes

• Like 3

This kid's going to be getting 20 minutes every night from here on out. And really that's all he needs.

He should have no problem averaging 60.0 FG%, 7.0 PPG, 5.0 REB, 2.5 AST, 1.0 STL, 1.5 BLK in that amount of time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

You made some very good points, but here's the thing - at this point Kerr knows for sure he's going to need this kid during the playoffs. They'll need him to matchup with San Antonio, Houston, and Cleveland because with him in the lineup they can switch on anything and he can help D up Kawhi, LBJ, etc. They already know what they have with Zaza. So it only makes sense that Kerr gives Bell as much playing time during the regular season as possible to build that synergy and to shake out all the rookie mistakes. Case in point was the Christmas game against Cleveland - he could've easily gone with a vet during crunch time, but decided to give Bell the experience. Kerr will do his best to manage feelings and give others playing time, but in the teams best interests for the offseason he'll continue to groom Bell and give him 20+ minutes

Lol, "Kerr knows for sure he's going to need this kid during the playoffs." Do you know that? or are you speaking for Kerr? "They need him to matchup with SA, HOU, CLEV" lol. In case you forgot, the Warriors finished their postseason run at 15-1. They rocked the #1 defense last year and is second this year only to Boston. In terms of last night's game, none of the Warriors starters except Klay played in the 4th quarter since it was a blow out, and Bell played 22 minutes. Had it been a closer game, I'm not sure Bell would've surpassed 20 minutes.

I'm not even debating he's played significantly well enough to crack the rotation (which I believe he has) but I pointed out the obvious with the 10+ man rotations Kerr and his staff loves to run. Yall are just pointing out like he's going to be the Warriors savior and absolutely need him for their Finals run. Cmon. Stop it. The Warriors are the Warriors because of the big 4. Plug anyone in and they still win the title.

Time will tell when Warriors get Curry back this Saturday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jiiiggz said:

Lol, "Kerr knows for sure he's going to need this kid during the playoffs." Do you know that? or are you speaking for Kerr? "They need him to matchup with SA, HOU, CLEV" lol. In case you forgot, the Warriors finished their postseason run at 15-1. They rocked the #1 defense last year and is second this year only to Boston. In terms of last night's game, none of the Warriors starters except Klay played in the 4th quarter since it was a blow out, and Bell played 22 minutes. Had it been a closer game, I'm not sure Bell would've surpassed 20 minutes.

I'm not even debating he's played significantly well enough to crack the rotation (which I believe he has) but I pointed out the obvious with the 10+ man rotations Kerr and his staff loves to run. Yall are just pointing out like he's going to be the Warriors savior and absolutely need him for their Finals run. Cmon. Stop it. The Warriors are the Warriors because of the big 4. Plug anyone in and they still win the title.

You are so pessimistic...if you have bell if it does not work out just drop

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jiiiggz said:

Your arguments are based on last year, you really think Warriors plan on keeping everything the same and winning the title easily like they did next year? Houston added CP3, OKC picked up PG13 and Melo etc, teams will make adjustments and so will the Warriors. Thus my point about grooming Bell to add another versatile defender to their lineup. I'm not saying he's the savior to this team, all I'm saying is that he'll be a significant piece moving forward. Even in a deep rotation he's going to get 20+ minutes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Tbh Curry coming back would be even better for Bell imo. Considering Bell's game is currently all around the rim, Curry's gravity in dragging defenders out is going to be huge. 

And like Draymond he can also throw bullet passes down the middle when two defenders converge on him as Bell rolls down the middle for dunks.

• Like 3

There's really nothing to argue about.  Just roster and walk away.  Drop if you want to. Seriously. Keep talking and you will jinx.  No need for in depth crap it's clear as day he's here to stay. Enough.  I'm tired of listening to small leaguers asking whether or not to drop or roster.  Dude if your in a standard 12 or lower why even bother freaking out on players when you have a plethora on the wire. So many whiners in standard and under.  So many whiners they're changing formats again. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Lol I couldn't agree more. 

8 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

There's really nothing to argue about.  Just roster and walk away.  Drop if you want to. Seriously. Keep talking and you will jinx.  No need for in depth crap it's clear as day he's here to stay. Enough.  I'm tired of listening to small leaguers asking whether or not to drop or roster.  Dude if your in a standard 12 or lower why even bother freaking out on players when you have a plethora on the wire. So many whiners in standard and under.  So many whiners they're changing formats again. 

• Haha 1

Kerr cannot really do much. He has many players. West gives 10-15 great minutes and he needs Zaza to remain active for bigger bodies and his experience in tough matchups and he also has the lineup with Green at the five. I think Kerr really does everything he can. Look at Collins getting only 5 more minutes in a team full of s---y players. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Kerr cannot really do much. He has many players. West gives 10-15 great minutes and he needs Zaza to remain active for bigger bodies and his experience in tough matchups and he also has the lineup with Green at the five. I think Kerr really does everything he can. Look at Collins getting only 5 more minutes in a team full of s---y players. 

True. It handicaps Bell's fantasy value unfortunately. But Zaza gives them another dimension that Bell doesn't have, and West is a scoring big. Different players. But Bell produces every time he's on the court, that's what makes it so difficult to cut him. 

4 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Have both Bell and Collins. At least with Bell he is playing with a group of really good players.

Dont get me started on Collins. They need to fire Budenholzer, that muppet.

3 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Didn't even crack 20 minutes and still produced. It's hard rostering him with so little minutes, but he's producing, so it's impossible to cut him...Kerr needs to give the man more minutes. 

Terrible matchup tonight against Dwight, not too surprising he didn’t get big minutes. Kerr had to pull him in the 4th because they were down 10+ and needed shooters on the floor. Seems to me that Kerr is trying to give him minutes as often as he can, Bell just has his limits as an undersized center with limited offensive ability.

• Like 3