NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My final take on Bell:   It's pretty crazy to me because no one is denying how talented he is, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. It's pretty evident that he has great per minute stats

^ Yeah I was going to make a very similar argument. His argument would only work if the other teams did nothing to get better. The other teams enhanced their small ball approach and made it even more

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

there was an article on reddit a few days ago that said bell called salah mejri the n word. kerr's doghouse?

This.

No way he can go from the 20 mins per game he was getting to basically nothing overnight after the Dallas game. 

Actually is more encouraging that his minutes have fallen off a cliff. Rather than slowly disappearing due to poor play. 

• Like 1

What sways me toward Bell is the huge block / steals / assists explosions. I still feel if he can just get those consistent minutes without getting punished there'll be some scary games where he turns a whole week... Kerr is frustrating as heck right now..

Bell has a friendly fast-pace small ball matchup coming up against Denver Monday, he makes a lot more sense there than Pachulia does, so I'm going to give him that game to see if he can bust out of this mini slump. 

Edited by phatrat
AC content removed
2 minutes ago, bradychen said:

He is just dropped in our 12 team. Is anyone else still holding ?

Yeah, but you'll need to temper your expectations. He's more of a stash than a rosterable player at this point in my opinion. He's been headed for a DNP-CD in a few games recently and he is likely in the doghouse.

1 hour ago, bradychen said:

He is just dropped in our 12 team. Is anyone else still holding ?

Deep leagues for sure... other than that not right now. You have guys like Dwight Powell playing well that you could grab.

@WarriorsPR on Twitter:

“Injury report for tomorrow vs. DEN: Omri Casspi (hip contusion), Stephen Curry (left knee soreness), Draymond Green (right knee soreness), Andre Iguodala (left knee & hip soreness) & Shaun Livingston (hip tightness) are probable. Kevin Durant (right calf strain) is questionable.”

Wonder if they can sit a few and give Bell some minutes. 

1 minute ago, night said:

Plays well, gets subbed out. Does he have stamina problems or Kerr just really likes rotating a lot of guys. It's not like he's playing very poorly to sub him out. 

It's the Warriors, developing a rookie is probably last on their priority list.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, night said:

Plays well, gets subbed out. Does he have stamina problems or Kerr just really likes rotating a lot of guys. It's not like he's playing very poorly to sub him out. 

They have a specific rotation that never changes. Zaza starts q1, q3, suba out halfway and never plays q2, q4. West never plays q1, q3, starts q2, q4 and subs out halfway. Rest of mins go to Bell, Looney or Mcgee, whoever Kerr prefers. It's not stamina, they just never play their C many straight mins. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol why do people find this so hard to comprehend

He's a rookie 2nd round pick

Lol why do people find this so hard to comprehend

he's a great basketball player in this "modern" NBA

#FREEBELL

Christmas may be over but I can hear the slay bells ringing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Who is Bell getting minutes over when the playoffs happen? 

I wouldn't give him minutes at expense of draymond, Zaza, or west. 

Warriors are best team in NBA and its not really close IMO. 

Their only function is to win the title and preserve health of veterans to get there while still maintaining their level of play throughout the season. 

They have no need to mold Bell into someone that can contribute 20+ minutes nightly in the playoffs. 

This said... He's JAG on this team right now at this stage in his career. Can he be more? Obviously. But this isn't the kings. This is the Warriors. 

Get this guy off the front page with frustration about minutes. 

• Haha 1