NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

CORTEz

20 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Get this guy off the front page with frustration about minutes. 

Get off this guys "season outlook" thread with your frustrations about our conversations about his outlook. :rolleyes:

haters gonna hate. 

we're talking about his minutes being yanked so what if they're on a championship team.. if a player is good/great he deserves to play if hes better than the counter part just because he's younger means we can't be upset he doesn't play? 

so if he was on the kings and not playing.. ie skal.. would you still be complaining?

Edited by Unknownmindset

5 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Who is Bell getting minutes over when the playoffs happen? 

I wouldn't give him minutes at expense of draymond, Zaza, or west. 

Warriors are best team in NBA and its not really close IMO. 

Their only function is to win the title and preserve health of veterans to get there while still maintaining their level of play throughout the season. 

They have no need to mold Bell into someone that can contribute 20+ minutes nightly in the playoffs. 

This said... He's JAG on this team right now at this stage in his career. Can he be more? Obviously. But this isn't the kings. This is the Warriors. 

Get this guy off the front page with frustration about minutes. 

Good thing fantasy will be over before playoffs start.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol why do people find this so hard to comprehend

He's a rookie 2nd round pick

IT was a second round pick. So were Marc, Dray, DeAndre, Jokic. 

Anthony Bennett and Kwame Brown were #1 picks. 

Pick means nothing. This guy has immense talent, and we can all see it. Hopefull he'll be able to play more minutes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rush007 said:

IT was a second round pick. So were Marc, Dray, DeAndre, Jokic. 

Anthony Bennett and Kwame Brown were #1 picks. 

Pick means nothing. This guy has immense talent, and we can all see it. Hopefull he'll be able to play more minutes.

Wasn't IT Mr. Irrelevant?  Last pick.  I agree though where drafted means absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

They have a specific rotation that never changes. Zaza starts q1, q3, suba out halfway and never plays q2, q4. West never plays q1, q3, starts q2, q4 and subs out halfway. Rest of mins go to Bell, Looney or Mcgee, whoever Kerr prefers. It's not stamina, they just never play their C many straight mins. 

this.

dray, zaza and even west's PT won't knock bell away from the rotation. the rook should still get enough minutes after those three.

his PT problems usually begin when kerr elects to play looney and mcgee over him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Unknownmindset said:

Get off this guys "season outlook" thread with your frustrations about our conversations about his outlook. :rolleyes:

haters gonna hate. 

we're talking about his minutes being yanked so what if they're on a championship team.. if a player is good/great he deserves to play if hes better than the counter part just because he's younger means we can't be upset he doesn't play? 

so if he was on the kings and not playing.. ie skal.. would you still be complaining?

He's not better than his counter parts in limited minutes. No NBA coach would take 15 minutes of Bell over 15 minutes of West for the playoffs in a close game. 

If he was on the kings and not playing everyone should be complaining. They need to be developing future talent and trading established vets. The warriors are not in the same situation as the Kings though. 

I like Jordan bell, but the complaining about minutes for a team that is literally on another level of every other team and a shoe in to keep easily winning titles in the NBA is just stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He's not better than his counter parts in limited minutes. No NBA coach would take 15 minutes of Bell over 15 minutes of West for the playoffs in a close game. 

If he was on the kings and not playing everyone should be complaining. They need to be developing future talent and trading established vets. The warriors are not in the same situation as the Kings though. 

I like Jordan bell, but the complaining about minutes for a team that is literally on another level of every other team and a shoe in to keep easily winning titles in the NBA is just stupid. 

Jordan bell owners complaining about minutes when he plays well is not stupid. We own him. We want the most minutes and stats we can get from him.

What is stupid is you complaining about us complaining. You don't own this forum or you don't own us and from the looks of it you don't own Bell so you don't have stock in this. You can just choose to ignore this topic and post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, night said:

Jordan bell owners complaining about minutes when he plays well is not stupid. We own him. We want the most minutes and stats we can get from him.

What is stupid is you complaining about us complaining. You don't own this forum or you don't own us and from the looks of it you don't own Bell so you don't have stock in this. You can just choose to ignore this topic and post. 

I owned and dropped him. 

Get angry, that's fine. That is your right. I respect your right to do so.

I don't understand people crying about the clearly best team in the league not winning the championship the way fantasy owners of a fringe player deem correct. 

I like to pop back in the thread to see if there's a reason to pick him back up. I didn't see anything of merit and made my statement. Maybe he'll be your championship piece though. Hold strong and see this through. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I owned and dropped him. 

Get angry, that's fine. That is your right. I respect your right to do so.

I don't understand people crying about the clearly best team in the league not winning the championship the way fantasy owners of a fringe player deem correct. 

I like to pop back in the thread to see if there's a reason to pick him back up. I didn't see anything of merit and made my statement. Maybe he'll be your championship piece though. Hold strong and see this through. 

I'm not angry bro. I'm just saying people will always ask and hope for more from their players especially when he is playing well when given minutes. It might not make sense irl but there's a reason this is fantasy basketball and you can't fault owners to want more. 

I need him because both of my top centers are injured/always injured and my league has two center slots. He might not carry my team to a championship but he can certainly help bring me there or at the least hold the line while the others are recovering.

Edited by night
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

feeling more and more like theres going to be so much rest that in some 12 teamers bell is more than a stream

just a general gut feeling with curry tweaking his ankle being held out, klay is just out for rest, dray and kd will be rested as well down the road team is playing it so safe since regular season means nothing

mixing in those rest days when bell is obv rosterable with hopefully when theyre healthy he can get like maybe 15 mins at least consistently so you dont have to deal with empty lines when everyone plays

time will tell

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

feeling more and more like theres going to be so much rest that in some 12 teamers bell is more than a stream

just a general gut feeling with curry tweaking his ankle being held out, klay is just out for rest, dray and kd will be rested as well down the road team is playing it so safe since regular season means nothing

mixing in those rest days when bell is obv rosterable with hopefully when theyre healthy he can get like maybe 15 mins at least consistently so you dont have to deal with empty lines when everyone plays

time will tell

Agree.. I wrote up there I handcuff him to Dray but he's basically a handcuff to every warriors player. I won't use the term "must own" but in 12 teamers he's a really solid guy to have at the end of your bench

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

He was the only player on the entire Warriors roster with a positive plus/minus ranking tonight (+6). Kerr is making a serious mistake not playing this guy more minutes. 

Come on guys, I think Kerr knows what he’s doing. Bell is a rookie at the end of the day in a stacked team, I think we’ll see him more towards the back end of the season since it makes sense to keep him fresh for when their all-stars are rested more. I’ve got to agree we are probably expecting a little much here. 

That being said, I also own him and hope he can string more 18-20min games together..Looking unlikely though, seems lost at times on the court. Here’s hoping! 

• Like 1