NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

CORTEz

Bell is undersized for a power forward and center. He is very athletic and has to jump and move quickly to make up for his lack of size. Teams are more aware of him and starting to pump fake and ball fake on him to get him to bite more on defense to misdirect. His best attribute on defense will probably be off the ball as a help defender. On offense he really doesn't offer much but looks great when on the run and cutting to the basket with an offense loaded with talent that opens up the lanes for him. He needs a lot of work on offense individually. He is a role player for now and may very well always be if he can't develop offensively and learn not to leave his feet so much on defense. He is a good fit for the Warriors current roster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mirrormaze said:

Nerlens Noel lite.

Not close. Situations are totally different.

Noel is an established player with established fantasy value and should have had fantasy value/been playing starter minutes on a young team going nowhere with no one good that should have been in his way on the depth chart, but was being jerked around by his coach because he didn’t sign their contract and got punished for it.

Bell is a rookie on championship team with veteran championship players ahead of him on the depth chart whose coach likes him but is not jerking him around because those veterans earned his trust and Bell’s minutes were never really supposed to be there consistantly for him this year anyway. Consistent minutes for Bell this year is a figment of fantasy players imaginations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Not close. Situations are totally different.

Noel is an established player with established fantasy value and should have had fantasy value/been playing starter minutes on a young team going nowhere with no one good that should have been in his way on the depth chart, but was being jerked around by his coach because he didn’t sign their contract and got punished for it.

Bell is a rookie on championship team with veteran championship players ahead of him on the depth chart whose coach likes him but is not jerking him around because those veterans earned his trust and Bell’s minutes were never really supposed to be there consistantly for him this year anyway. Consistent minutes for Bell this year is a figment of fantasy players imaginations.

Funny that when everyone realizes the truth not as many willing to attack truth speakers anymore. 

I couldn't understand why anybody thought they could count on Jordan Bell, unless they are in some kind of deep deep 16+ league.

If you own him and was rewarded with a few points/rebounds you should be damn happy otherwise I really think you should stop whining about minutes.

He plays on the Warriors in case you didn't know ....

So I think the big question is does he have a locked down role next season because now I am not even sure. Zaza will prob. be gone but Looney etc. will still be there. In terms of keeper/dynasty leagues how long could this take?? 

Edited by chud12

39 minutes ago, chud12 said:

So I think the big question is does he have a locked down role next season because now I am not even sure. Zaza will prob. be gone but Looney etc. will still be there. In terms of keeper/dynasty leagues how long could this take?? 

The Warriors have already declined the 2.3M option for Looney for next season so whoever is willing to pay a bit more than that gets him. For me Bell is the clear favorite longterm and his dynasty value is not affected at all.

• Like 1