NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

CORTEz

9:00pm:  it's happening he is starting, just picked him back up because I dropped him, can't believe I let him go.  Unleash the beast.

9:08pm:  omg he has not gone back in.  Cut him and picked up Looney.  

Oh oh how I love th forums!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Draymond out tonight. Sore shoulder.

What's that quote from The Godfather III again? :)

Doesn't really matter even if he comes back to his form for another two weeks. He's just a streaming option right now, not a stash. It's clear Kerr will not give him consistent minutes this year. Which quote? lol

• 1 month later...

So I was reading this Rotoworld column, and what intrigued me was the possibility of Jordan Bell starting when he returns.

JaVale McGee moved into the starting lineup with six points, four rebounds and one steal, a move that could set the stage for Jordan Bell to replace him when he’s ready to return from his ankle injury. 

“He’s going to play,” coach Steve Kerr said of Bell before Thursday’s game. “We need that kind of versatility.” Coach Kerr went on to talk about how he wants the Warriors to be more athletic and Bell certainly fits the bill. He was a sneaky source of fantasy value back in December with 7.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.5 blocks and 1.0 steals in just 20.3 minutes per game, so he’ll definitely be on my radar once he’s cleared. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/dose-bobby-portis-drops-38-081900470--spt.html?src=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+yahoo%2FFEXT+(Yahoo+Sports+-+NBA+News)

In the article itself, the full quote from Coach Kerr was:

The Warriors still aren’t sure when forward Jordan Bell will be available, but they do know this much: When he returns, Bell will immediately slide back into the rotation.

“He’s going to play,” Golden State head coach Steve Kerr said. “I think he started the game he got hurt. I think he started 10 games. We need that kind of versatility.”

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Jordan-Bell-to-slide-back-into-rotation-upon-12664325.php

Very intriguing, especially when he mentioned how Jordan Bell started before in a few games. In fact, the lineup change was due to management's decision:

The change comes after the Warriors’ manager of basketball analytics, Sammy Gelfand, spent part of the All-Star break poring over the numbers behind the team’s slow starts.

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-JaVale-McGee-to-start-at-center-vs-12662715.php

Jordan Bell is obviously better than JaVale McGee, and he really fits the bill of what their starting center should be moving forward. I hope he starts.

• Thanks 3

I saw this too...and I am realllyyy thinking about a Skal for Jordan swap in my IL spot..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:ph34r:

Can Bell be the Nwaba of centers? Wait what am I talking about??? Nobody is Nwaba but NWAAABBBAAAAA....I apologize for turning this into a Nwaba thread but hey can you blame me...NWAAABBAAAA!!!

Ring the Bell...he's the man!

Edited by dfstout

• 3 weeks later...