NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

CORTEz

12 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Forget 15-20 minutes.

If Bell could just get 12-15 minutes consistently, or even 10-13 consistently, he would probably be worth owning in deep leagues based upon his STLs and BLKs upside.

Might just be wishful thinking, but I just can't see West staying with his 10-17 minutes per game, and I think Kerr knows now how valuable Bell is. 

I think Bell legitimately has a shot now at getting a consistent 10 minutes a game, with upside of 13-16 depending on the score of the game.

If I were owners in 16-18 team leagues, I would run to get this guy. 

4 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Lol I do like Bell a lot and picked him up but...

Funny to hear about someone talking about 13-16 minute "upside"

But hey those PERs!

Like I said, all he needs is a consistent 12-15 minutes a game and we'll probably see a lot of 8pt/4reb/1stl/1blk lines out of him. If he can actually replicate what he did tonight in terms of minutes on a fairly consistent basis, we'll be in for a treat. Especially in games that are a blowout.

24 minutes ago, bradychen said:

Bell or Isaac?

Not an AD question. Just curious which one has better outlook or skill 

Gotta say bell. Those per minute numbers are insane and he’s showing the flawed per 36 metric is actually accurate when it comes to him.

isaac has several 22+ minutes on his resume and while his stats are pretty awesome, they don’t compare to Bell. 

I just dropped nance for Bell and that decision was easy.  But I’m also stashing Isaac.

He could be the player that Noel was supposed to be this year. His per minute production is even better so. 

Can't pass up the potential. His potential is honestly higher than John Collins even. Playing time is his only weakness.

Personally love snatching possible league winners, even in shallow leagues. 

17 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

He could be the player that Noel was supposed to be this year. His per minute production is even better so. 

Can't pass up the potential. His potential is honestly higher than John Collins even. Playing time is his only weakness.

Personally love snatching possible league winners, even in shallow leagues. 

Much higher potential than Collins, not even close.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Much higher potential than Collins, not even close.

Collins doesn't have really competition in Atlanta..

Bell need some staters "rest" and blowout game to show he has some life...

the potential is there...I hope that Kerr will give him around 20min soon and some rest players (Zara, Green or Durant) during a week match up will be nice too..

Edited by 23_gaby_23

Just now, 23_gaby_23 said:

Collins doesn't hav really compétition in Atlanta..

Bell need some staters "rest" and blowout game to show he has some life...

the potential is there...I hope that Kerr will give him around 20min soon and some rest players (Zara, Green or Durant) during a week match up will be nice too..

The issue is "potential," not opportunity.  I shudder when imagining what #s Bell would put up on a depleted Atlanta roster.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

With how good this rookie class has been (one of of the best in recent memory), not taking a chance on a guy with monster upside when you've seen what some of the others have done (Markkanen, Mitchell, Tatum, DSJ, John Collins, Kuzma) could be a big mistake. The consensus is Bell should've been a top 15-20 pick, not a 2nd rounder, but everyone made a mistake overlooking his talent (except GSW). 

That wasn't the consensus at all, he was expected to go at the end of the 1st. Looked like a no brainer pick for the Lakers. Are you talking about in hindsight? If so, I'd agree. 

Edited by miasma16

21 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

That wasn't the consensus at all, he was expected to go at the end of the 1st. Looked like a no brainer pick for the Lakers. Are you talking about in hindsight? If so, I'd agree. 

The problem is that we already had a log jam at the C spot with Lopez, Nance, and Zubac (who we know sucks now), so there wasn't room for Bell at the time. 

Just worried because of all the depth the Warriors have. It's not like other situations rookies are in where they just play through mistakes. They got Dray, KD, Zaza, West, Javale, and Looney all playing the 4/5 position. If he struggles in a game, Kerr will most likely see if anyone else can do better rather than riding out Bell. I might be wrong though. This guy can really play, and as long as he's active on defense, he probably won't have problems.

3 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

Just worried because of all the depth the Warriors have. It's not like other situations rookies are in where they just play through mistakes. They got Dray, KD, Zaza, West, Javale, and Looney all playing the 4/5 position. If he struggles in a game, Kerr will most likely see if anyone else can do better rather than riding out Bell. I might be wrong though. This guy can really play, and as long as he's active on defense, he probably won't have problems.

I think Kerr is starting to see that Zaza is garbage, West is over the hill, Looney doesn't have the skills Bell has, and Javale is irrelevant. He deserves to play 15-20 MPG from here on out. 

• Like 1