Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook


CORTEz
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I think Kerr is starting to see that Zaza is garbage, West is over the hill, Looney doesn't have the skills Bell has, and Javale is irrelevant. He deserves to play 15-20 MPG from here on out. 

 

Zaza isn't actually that bad. Looney is yeah still a project lol. West and Javale you're spot on. The problem is Kerr loves getting everyone minutes. So while Bell may deserve most of the minutes at center, Kerr would rather spread it out. At least, that's what he's shown to do.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

Just worried because of all the depth the Warriors have. It's not like other situations rookies are in where they just play through mistakes. They got Dray, KD, Zaza, West, Javale, and Looney all playing the 4/5 position. If he struggles in a game, Kerr will most likely see if anyone else can do better rather than riding out Bell. I might be wrong though. This guy can really play, and as long as he's active on defense, he probably won't have problems.

Based on how Bell has been playing, I think it's quite an assumption to make that he would ever struggle in a game. Struggle proof really

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trusthaprocess said:

The problem is that we already had a log jam at the C spot with Lopez, Nance, and Zubac (who we know sucks now), so there wasn't room for Bell at the time. 

Prior to trading for Brook (and knowing that Lonzo would be the pick) there was a logjam at the guard spots and a very clear and present need for a hustle player and quality defender that could play center. After that, needs changed, but they picked a power forward around there anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

 

Zaza isn't actually that bad. Looney is yeah still a project lol. West and Javale you're spot on. The problem is Kerr loves getting everyone minutes. So while Bell may deserve most of the minutes at center, Kerr would rather spread it out. At least, that's what he's shown to do.

 

 

Totally agree, and that's a problem. Bell is the one that deserves minutes, I'm not sure why Looney is even given PT. Zaza is much better than Looney or McGee, but who would you rather have on your team? My answer would be Bell, and it's not close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Totally agree, and that's a problem. Bell is the one that deserves minutes, I'm not sure why Looney is even given PT. Zaza is much better than Looney or McGee, but who would you rather have on your team? My answer would be Bell, and it's not close. 

 

I think Looney is given PT because they're trying to figure out if they want to hang on to him or not.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're in a 10-12 team league, he's a tough hold. But if you're in a deep 16-20 team league...

 

After reading everything I've read in articles lately, it sounds like everyone wants him to play.

 

We may not see him play 25 minutes ever (which we probably won't barring a Draymond or KD injury), but I believe he's got a realistic shot to get a consistent 13-16 minutes a game.

 

I think the days of David West are now over. This kid is making him seem like an after thought, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him in there getting C minutes at some point as well. 

 

If he can just maintain getting around 15 minutes per game...People will be reaping the benefits.

 

15 MPG prediction: 64.0 FG% / 8.0 ppg / 5.5 reb / 1.0 ast / 1.0 spg / 1.5 blk / 0.6 t/o.

 

If he gets anything more than 15 MPG, we're in for a real treat. I've seen enough out of him in my deep league to where I am not dropping unless for some unearthly idea they give him DNP, which I don't see happening anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

If you're in a 10-12 team league, he's a tough hold. But if you're in a deep 16-20 team league...

 

After reading everything I've read in articles lately, it sounds like everyone wants him to play.

 

We may not see him play 25 minutes ever (which we probably won't barring a Draymond or KD injury), but I believe he's got a realistic shot to get a consistent 13-16 minutes a game.

 

I think the days of David West are now over. This kid is making him seem like an after thought, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him in there getting C minutes at some point as well. 

 

If he can just maintain getting around 15 minutes per game...People will be reaping the benefits.

 

15 MPG prediction: 64.0 FG% / 8.0 ppg / 5.5 reb / 1.0 ast / 1.0 spg / 1.5 blk / 0.6 t/o.

 

If he gets anything more than 15 MPG, we're in for a real treat. I've seen enough out of him in my deep league to where I am not dropping unless for some unearthly idea they give him DNP, which I don't see happening anymore.

I'll take the under on all that @ 15 minutes.

 

Should still have value but he's going to be frustrating to own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I'll take the under on all that @ 15 minutes.

 

Should still have value but he's going to be frustrating to own.

Yep. He's going to be frustrating to own because they won't unleash him until late in the season and playoffs. I have a feeling they plan on using him in the playoffs alot. They won't burn him out regular season when the goal is a championship. He's the best big man the Warriors have in every category...by far. He can pass, defend (can switch on smaller guards), and score inside. I'm a Warriors fan so I follow them more than any team. I actually seen him play when the Warriors sent him to the G league

Edited by IkeDola510
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

If you're in a 10-12 team league, he's a tough hold. But if you're in a deep 16-20 team league...

 

After reading everything I've read in articles lately, it sounds like everyone wants him to play.

 

We may not see him play 25 minutes ever (which we probably won't barring a Draymond or KD injury), but I believe he's got a realistic shot to get a consistent 13-16 minutes a game.

 

I think the days of David West are now over. This kid is making him seem like an after thought, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him in there getting C minutes at some point as well. 

 

If he can just maintain getting around 15 minutes per game...People will be reaping the benefits.

 

15 MPG prediction: 64.0 FG% / 8.0 ppg / 5.5 reb / 1.0 ast / 1.0 spg / 1.5 blk / 0.6 t/o.

 

If he gets anything more than 15 MPG, we're in for a real treat. I've seen enough out of him in my deep league to where I am not dropping unless for some unearthly idea they give him DNP, which I don't see happening anymore.

So your projection is 19-13 with 3.5 blocks per 36?

 

You all need to rein it way in. Bell isn't going to get you useful stats outside of the deepest of leagues barring a major injury. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

 

Isaac might be a monster in a few years, but Bell has already proven to be a (per-minute) monster.

I agree, the question was on outlook and skill though, and in my opinion Isaac has the edge in that department. Both will get stocks, Isaac probably has the higher ceiling offensively though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

So your projection is 19-13 with 3.5 blocks per 36?

 

You all need to rein it way in. Bell isn't going to get you useful stats outside of the deepest of leagues barring a major injury. 

 

per 36 would probably get him around 15/11 with close to 2.5/3.0 blocks

 

You can laugh all you want, but in the 3 games where he's received more than 10 minutes in the past week or so, he's averaged:
9.7 PPG / 4.6 RPG / 1.6 SPG / 3.3 BLK on 77.0 FG% and 1.1 T/O - All this while averaging just 17 mpg in those 3 combined. 

 

I'll gladly take that in a deep 18-team league from the FA pool.

 

To be honest, I picked him up because I need Steals and Blocks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Slickthenick said:

I agree, the question was on outlook and skill though, and in my opinion Isaac has the edge in that department. Both will get stocks, Isaac probably has the higher ceiling offensively though 

 

I agree Isaac has better range on his shot, but he won't come near Bell in stocks.

Edited by El_Chingon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

 

I agree Isaac has better range on his shot, but he won't come near Bell in stocks.

Well that just isn't true, so I'll disagree with you there. So many guys in here ride off of they're good vibes and emotions on "they're guy". The only thing that matters is what the data suggests right now and how you can project them to be down the road by watching them play. I like Bell and I think he'll be great long term but to say he will not just be a better source of stocks than Isaac or even further, that Isaac won't come close is just noise and not based on good evidence. 

 

Bell had one game over 20 minutes and his stocks were insane. 3 blocks in 16 minutes is also pretty damn good. But he hasn't gotten the consisten run yet to prove he can do it night in and night out, though he has looked the part so far. 

 

Isaac on the other hand looks like a rookie one night and the next looks really good. His last game, also, 16 minutes had 3 blocks and a steal.

 

So maybe this season and even long term Bell averages more stocks (I personally don't think so but it'll be close) but to say that it isn't close, just isn't based off of any sound reason. 

 

I know you didn't say this specifically but I read it ALOT on this forum is "and it isn't even close"...dumbest and most obnoxious thing I consistently read...because 9/10 it is actually close.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Slickthenick said:

 

 

So maybe this season and even long term Bell averages more stocks (I personally don't think so but it'll be close) but to say that it isn't close, just isn't based off of any sound reason. 

 

 

Sorry but based off of numbers you are wrong.

 

Here are the facts:

 

Per 36 (NBA):

  • Bell 2.1 steals, 3.6 blocks
  • Isaac 1.2 steals, 2.3 blocks

 

Last season (college averages):

  • Bell 1.3 steals, 2.3 blocks
  • Isaac 1.2 steals, 1.5 blocks

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...