NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

True, but where does that leave Zaza then?

Well Zaza only has a 1 year contract, although it's likely they re-sign him. But eventually (next year?) Bell should supplant Zaza in the starting lineup as he gets more experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My final take on Bell:   It's pretty crazy to me because no one is denying how talented he is, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. It's pretty evident that he has great per minute stats

^ Yeah I was going to make a very similar argument. His argument would only work if the other teams did nothing to get better. The other teams enhanced their small ball approach and made it even more

3 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Sorry but based off of numbers you are wrong.

Here are the facts:

Per 36 (NBA):

• Bell 2.1 steals, 3.6 blocks
  • Isaac 1.2 steals, 2.3 blocks

Last season (college averages):

• Bell 1.3 steals, 2.3 blocks
  • Isaac 1.2 steals, 1.5 blocks

Alright cool man, thanks for posting some actual data. Posting per 36 for a guy that averages 10 minutes per game is nothing data really...unless people in here (maybe yourself) actually believe that a rookie would average those numbers if given 30+ minutes a game.

Also, their college stats literally confirm my point in that their stocks are a lot closer than "Isaacs won't come near Bell's".

One last thing - you clearly pulled data to try and make a case for yourself. Since Isaac averaged less minutes then Bell in college last season why not pull their per 40 college stats? Per 40 - Isaac 1.8 stls, 2.3 blks, Bell - 1.7 stls 3.1 blks. So in what universe is that not close?

And if we wanted to play the numbers game I could go ahead and pull their current season averages where Isaac is averaging more stocks but we both know he averages more minutes so what's the point.

The data doesn't support your hyperboles "and it isn't even close"

• Thanks 1

For me it all depends on what position Isaac will play in the future. If he can become a full time C in the future he can certainly average same stocks as Bell. Right now though he is a forward and used as one so yes Bell will get more, but not huge dif. They are both stock machines.

I am very intrigued by Bell and could see him potentially supplanting Pachulia for more minutes. Anybody have any sense of what his free throw impact would be with a healthy dose of playing time? Does he figure to be a big who would not kill your % there?

11 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

I am very intrigued by Bell and could see him potentially supplanting Pachulia for more minutes. Anybody have any sense of what his free throw impact would be with a healthy dose of playing time? Does he figure to be a big who would not kill your % there?

He progressively went to the line more each year at Oregon and he shot 70% from the line in his final year. Around 3 to 4 attempts per game if he gets a minutes spike shouldn't make or break you.

But you already know. A big that doesn't hurt your FT% is alot to ask for.

14 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

Exactly bro. Im in a 15 year 12 team with deep rosters. Had to scoop him. I'll wait a week or 2 and see how it goes.

You can't really go wrong with taking a flier on him at the end of your bench. With the production he's shown, in limited minutes, it's worth it, especially because of the penchant for resting his players that Kerr has showed. He could take some of KD and Green's minutes when they rest. I think he's already eating into Zaza and Looney's minutes. 

1 hour ago, trusthaprocess said:

Yes, my best friend went to the U of O, we saw this game together. He told me Bell would be special, now I know what he meant. 

Lol a lot of my friends were sad since this game broke their march madness brackets

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

He had a monster game, but had little help. That was a sneak peek of things to come. I can't believe he lasted that long. Major steal for GS. 

The rich get richer.

Well they have to thank their scouts, they're becoming like the spurs seeing diamonds in the rough. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

Important game today for Bell owners. This should give us insight as to whether this 10-16 mpg role is going to be consistent or not. 

Proud owner IN HERE ! 
I'm expecting more like 20 ? :D

4real

Love his approach.  He goes after the ball when an opposing player goes into the paint, like his sole reason is to block it.  Some players (Centers) aren't ball hawks and are more or less opportunistic.  Bell GOES for it.  Endless energy.  Could be huge if he gets minutes.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Sorry but based off of numbers you are wrong.

Here are the facts:

Per 36 (NBA):

• Bell 2.1 steals, 3.6 blocks
  • Isaac 1.2 steals, 2.3 blocks

Last season (college averages):

• Bell 1.3 steals, 2.3 blocks
  • Isaac 1.2 steals, 1.5 blocks

Per 36 to compare a player on Golden State to a player on Orlando. I wonder why. 

He'll be good one day, but not sure it's happening soon. His numbers are inflated due to putting up 6 blocks against Chicago...enough said there. Then 3 blocks again against an Orlando team that has been very bad as of late. 

When he starts doing this against the good teams and earning consistent minutes because of it, he'll be a standard league asset. I'm not even sure if he's a hold this year because of the team he plays on, but in Dynasty he better be getting scooped up if he isn't already owned.