NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My final take on Bell:   It's pretty crazy to me because no one is denying how talented he is, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. It's pretty evident that he has great per minute stats

^ Yeah I was going to make a very similar argument. His argument would only work if the other teams did nothing to get better. The other teams enhanced their small ball approach and made it even more

Well, looks like Kerr will be fired haha he only played 12 minutes in a blow out, unbelievable. I'm not sure I should hold him, even if he played well. It's clear the minutes won't be there. Kerr wants to play his whole roster. He won't give Bell a real chance to shine because of that. 

Warriors fan here:

If you're expecting Bell to play more than 15 MPG, you're insane.

We're a veteran championship team with KD, Draymond, Zaza, David West, Casspi, Javale, and Looney in the frontcourt.

This isn't the Lakers folks.  Not a lot of "player development" minutes to go around.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, alexstr said:

Warriors fan here:

We're a veteran championship team with KD, Draymond, Zaza, David West, Casspi, Javale, and Looney in the frontcourt.

This isn't the Lakers folks.  Not a lot of "player development" minutes to go around.

i'll take your word for it.  he's the last player on my bench anyway, anyone else better comes along and he's a drop

Edited by summersoff7
5 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

i'll take your word for it.  he's the last player on my bench anyway, anyone else better comes along and he's a drop

Taking this appraoch too. FWIW I own Draymond too, so it's like a handcuff and I believe he'll be useful when the studs gonna have some rest..

13 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Warriors fan here:

this is the old warriors you are talking about, changes are about to happen.

giphy.gif

Said this in another thread. Kerr doesn’t play scrubs consistently. I mean this is a guy who kept mcadoo dnp most games then threw him in guarding lebron in the second quarter of the finals. Who knows what goes on in that dudes head. 

36 minutes ago, BlueMeteor said:

Said this in another thread. Kerr doesn’t play scrubs consistently. I mean this is a guy who kept mcadoo dnp most games then threw him in guarding lebron in the second quarter of the finals. Who knows what goes on in that dudes head. 

You're overthinking about it. Screw the finals, what we want and believe can get is minutes down the line and we've seen what this per-minute monster can do. for deep leagues I think he's worth grabbing, for standard leagues I wouldn't mind a wait-and-see approach but I like the idea of having him on last place of my bench. Kerr has said before that Dray will be rested along the way, Zaza will definitely too. The key is when to jump on the train imo

Edited by mateen
typo
1 hour ago, BlueMeteor said:

but you dont hear free mcadoo.

you are hearing free Bell.

He will be getting mins, 13 to 20 regularly. I think that's fine

3 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Kerr's a moron, what are these 1:30-2:00 spurts he's playing him in?  I can't own him if it's going to be like this.

People were expecting 15-20 mpg (optimistic anyway, if you ask me) and expecting 12-teamer stats. Are you all new? Of course you can't own him, you never should've outside of a deep league. 

1 hour ago, bradychen said:

I will come back here in a month, and see who eat the dust

Please do.

I've been a Warriors fan for 20+ years.  I know this team.  Barring injuries to like 4 of our front court players, Jordan Bell is not getting anything over 15 MPG this year.

5 hours ago, mateen said:

You're overthinking about it. Screw the finals, what we want and believe can get is minutes down the line and we've seen what this per-minute monster can do. for deep leagues I think he's worth grabbing, for standard leagues I wouldn't mind a wait-and-see approach but I like the idea of having him on last place of my bench. Kerr has said before that Dray will be rested along the way, Zaza will definitely too. The key is when to jump on the train imo

Rest games happen here and there, not multiple games in a row, so you're not going to get value out of Bell unless it's as a streamer.

1 hour ago, alexstr said:

I've been a Warriors fan for 20+ years.  I know this team.  Barring injuries to like 4 of our front court players, Jordan Bell is not getting anything over 15 MPG this year.

Warriors fan too, not 20 years but (wow didn't realize this) 10 years. Although that doesn't really have to do with Kerr. You're overreacting to say that Bell needs 4 players to get hurt. I bet if Zaza misses time, Kerr would think real hard about starting Bell. 

9 hours ago, alexstr said:

Please do.

funniest ish ever . . is steve kerr their coach for almost 20+ years? and you really know what will happen?!?!?! AHAHAHA

• Haha 1