NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My final take on Bell:   It's pretty crazy to me because no one is denying how talented he is, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. It's pretty evident that he has great per minute stats

^ Yeah I was going to make a very similar argument. His argument would only work if the other teams did nothing to get better. The other teams enhanced their small ball approach and made it even more

6 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Is he being added in 10 team leagues? 

I doubt he has even been a thought for anyone in mine. (10 team Roto). I am sure in H2H he could be a fun one day streamer and I think Bell has a very bright future. But unless Draymond or Zaza were out for an extended period of time, he is not going to get enough minutes to consistently produce anything. And even then, McGee and West are not going away. Kerr loves them.

I know part of the fun in fantasy is drafting or picking up the guy that blows up, but it isn't going to happen for him this year unless major injuries happen to guys in front of him.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I doubt he has even been a thought for anyone in mine. (10 team Roto). I am sure in H2H he could be a fun one day streamer and I think Bell has a very bright future. But unless Draymond or Zaza were out for an extended period of time, he is not going to get enough minutes to consistently produce anything. And even then, McGee and West are not going away. Kerr loves them.

I know part of the fun in fantasy is drafting or picking up the guy that blows up, but it isn't going to happen for him this year unless major injuries happen to guys in front of him.

This. The only time he'll be worth picking up this year is in these two scenarios:

1) Injuries to Draymond and/or Zaza.

2) End of the season. Chances are GSW will be locking in at the 1 or 2 position in the West this season and will start resting their stars in the final weeks. That's when Bell can briefly show off his true potential.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, 2pac said:

Zaza left the game with a shoulder injury and doubtful Fri night. Anything to see here? Any chance he holds the starting gig? 

Zaza isn't even managing 15 minutes per game. The starting gig is irrelevant. He may get 20+ minutes if he's hurt a while (doubt those are RoS numbers), but if he was playing behind DeAndre and dude got injured, just keep in mind that it'd obviously be a very different situation. 

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

Unless Green and Klay will take a pay cut, Warriors will not be able to keep this team together once Green and Klay become free agents. If Bell proves he can be starter at PF, will Warriors let Draymond walk? 

Green's contract goes up to 2020. Not even in dynasty leagues you can make plans with hoping Green walks.

Debating whether to add Bell who was recently dropped but there are other intriguing up and comers big men on the wire who don’t rely on injuries to be potentially steals moving forward like Kleber and Poeltl. 

With that being said you can’t find Bell’s per minute elsewhere. If he gets a path to clearer minutes even in the 15 to 20 range, you’ll be getting a stocks machine. The guys in front of him while not injured are old and can’t be relied upon on a daily basis anymore for consistent fantasy value. 

Thoughts? Bell or just take a flier on Kleber or Poeltl?