NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, bdy1 said:

Might hang on for a game or two after tonight. GS coasting for playoff run and may go the extra mile with rest and recovery for core guys like Dray.

Yeah, honestly think ROS will be a revolving door of guys resting and "injured."  Bell should be rostered in competitive 12 teamers, especially if you are a Dray owner.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My final take on Bell:   It's pretty crazy to me because no one is denying how talented he is, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. It's pretty evident that he has great per minute stats

^ Yeah I was going to make a very similar argument. His argument would only work if the other teams did nothing to get better. The other teams enhanced their small ball approach and made it even more

Are you people nuts? Since and including his breakout game vs Bulls when he clearly gained Kerr's trust, he's the 42nd ranked player overall in the NBA on 16 minutes a game over 11 games. How could anyone consider dropping him? Warriors get a lot of garbage time. Warriors rest guys a lot. And even when full strength, he's clearly a cog of the rotation that's proving his mettle and is a per-minute monster. 

Edited by huskerfan5b
22 minutes ago, huskerfan5b said:

Are you people nuts? Since and including his breakout game vs Bulls when he clearly gained Kerr's trust, he's the 42nd ranked player overall in the NBA on 16 minutes a game over 11 games. How could anyone consider dropping him? Warriors get a lot of garbage time. Warriors rest guys a lot. And even when full strength, he's clearly a cog of the rotation that's proving his mettle and is a per-minute monster. 

Jordan Bell's Game Minutes in December when Green doesn't play

20, 25, 24 

Jordan Bell's Game Minutes in December when Green starts

15, 12, 12, 9

Trust is nice. The ranking is nice. The skills are there. BUT WE NEED MINUTES! 

26 minutes ago, huskerfan5b said:

?

BBM has him 79 in standard nine cat per game over that period and 101 if you toss out the 6 blk outlier.  118 my 2x2 league without the TO bump he gets from riding pine. Thx for making me look it up cause it’s still solid enough I’ll hold longer. :) But I don’t see him sniffing top 50 at less than 24 min/game.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

?

BBM has him 79 in standard nine cat per game over that period and 101 if you toss out the 6 blk outlier.  118 my 2x2 league without the TO bump he gets from riding pine. Thx for making me look it up cause it’s still solid enough I’ll hold longer. :) But I don’t see him sniffing top 50 at less than 24 min/game.

I was looking at total value rather than per game value 9 cat BBM because a lot of undurable players make it in the per game rankings, but regardless I think he's a clear hold. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, sickrookie said:

It's a pity that Mini Dray's value would be short-lived. Flirting with a triple dub on 80% FG and multiple stocks. 

It's short-sighted to say his value is short-lived.  He will get more minutes as time goes by, not less minutes.  He is earning Kerr's trust and PT wil follow even when the team is fully healthy.  But you can bet GS will be intermittently resting their vets for ROS.  Anytime one of Pachulia, Dray, Durant, West, Iggy are resting Kerr will get Bell even more minutes.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

It's short-sighted to say his value is short-lived.  He will get more minutes as time goes by, not less minutes.  He is earning Kerr's trust and PT wil follow even when the team is fully healthy.  But you can bet GS will be intermittently resting their vets for ROS.  Anytime one of Pachulia, Dray, Durant, West, Iggy are resting Kerr will get Bell even more minutes.

You just point out that Warriors are deep at PF/C position. West is also doing great for them and he's overlooked. Bell earns Kerr's trust and he still gets 15-20 mins. Even when this game (dray DNP) he didn't play a min in the entire 4th quarter. 

You're saying you've got long-sighted based on your prediction, not facts. No matter how good he is, he'll have tough time earning more than 20 min on this championship team when everybody's healthy.  You can't win when you count on other players' DNPs or occasional rest days.  Go ahead and keep him. Good luck. 

• Like 1

The problem is that now that Bell is part of the main rotation the garbage time mins go to Looney or Mcgee that have fallen out of the rotation. Anything more than 15 mins ROS if everyone is healthy (and you cannot really count on the opposite) is a reach.

Yeah, I agree that Jordan getting enough minutes to be relevant in anything less than deeper leagues is a pipe dream. Just make sure you're ready to make the move if Dray ever goes down for a long period of time.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, sickrookie said:

Not sure if he'd be rosterable in ROTO league. I have never seen any player who can hold real fantasy value in 15-20 minutes. Capela, Gorgui, Holmes etc need 20+ min to be a reliable force.

False. You can easily stash on a bench in Roto, which is the opposite of H2H.

He has way too much upside not to roster. Probably not in 10's, but in 12's and deeper, you have to. 

10 hours ago, sickrookie said:

You just point out that Warriors are deep at PF/C position. West is also doing great for them and he's overlooked. Bell earns Kerr's trust and he still gets 15-20 mins. Even when this game (dray DNP) he didn't play a min in the entire 4th quarter. 

You're saying you've got long-sighted based on your prediction, not facts. No matter how good he is, he'll have tough time earning more than 20 min on this championship team when everybody's healthy.  You can't win when you count on other players' DNPs or occasional rest days.  Go ahead and keep him. Good luck. 

The part of your post I bolded makes my point for me.  GS isn't playing for the regular season, they are playing for the playoffs.  This should be obvious based on how many games they have missed already (no special talent in reading the tea leaves here).  As the playoffs approach, they will continue to rest guys for maintenance days and "injuries."  As such, Bell is worth owning if you are an active owner in daily leagues where you can monitor when guys are being rested.  I also don't think it's a stretch to assume that as Bell continues to earn trust, his playing time will increase, not decrease, as the regular season winds down (fantasy playoffs).