Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keenum or Gabbert? WHIR


Recommended Posts

12 team .5 PPR dynasty league.  

 

I need a QB to stream going forward (have Winston and Mahomes).  Gabbert has been doing well lately and I can get him for free off the wire/ FA.  Keenum has been killing it as well, but he is on someone's roster.  Also seems like they are waiting for Keenum to mess up/ have a bad game, so they can go Bridgewater.  I'm pretty much out of the playoffs, but even if I don't make the playoffs, I still could win the consolation bracket (which means I get the #1 pick and would take Barkley). I've had discussions with the guy with Keenum and he wants either Abdullah or Burkhead.  I don't have a problem getting rid of Abdullah, but do I do it for Keenum (who they might turn from with a bad start- although I think they shouldn't)

 

My RBs- Howard, Kamara, Mixon, Burkhead, Woodhead, Abdullah, Breida

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mitchellcole said:

I like the Keenum trade.  Abdullah won't help you this year, and Keenum-Thielen is deadly right now.   I'd be tempted to pick up Bridgewater if you can stomach dropping Winston or Mahomes.

Thanks.  Bridgewater was picked up weeks ago.  Even Ryan Tannehill was picked up last week.  NO QBs are available that are worth picking up and holding till next year.  While Abdullah won't be used, I guess I have him strictly for depth purposes. Just wasn't sure if I should trade for Keenum, if his starting status is week to week.  Don't know if I want to trade a starting RB (granted not a very good one at that) for a QB that may continue to start all year or may get benched after a bad game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crayzcheck said:

Abdullah for Keenum sounds pretty good...

 

I don't think Keenum will get benched until they clinch....I would be surprise if Vikings decide to bench keenum for bridgewater with how they have been playing since week 1 lol.

Yea I think they would be stupid to bench Keenum for Bridgewater since he has been playing so well.  It just seems like the Vikes are waiting for that bad game, so they can insert Keenum Bridgewater back. Guy now wants a little more than Abdullah for him. I asked him what else he wants, so I'm waiting to hear.  Don't know if I want to trade Abdullah and more for Keenum just for the rest of the year. Guy also said he'd do Burkhead, but i honestly think I'd rather keep Burkhead over Abdullah (even with the way the hoodie shuffles his RBs).  I may just pick up Gabbert and roll with him and hope he can help me.  Winston could also be back where I can play him, but he's also been pretty bad this year and with TB going nowhere, they may shut him down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

Yea I think they would be stupid to bench Keenum for Bridgewater since he has been playing so well.  It just seems like the Vikes are waiting for that bad game, so they can insert Keenum Bridgewater back. Guy now wants a little more than Abdullah for him. I asked him what else he wants, so I'm waiting to hear.  Don't know if I want to trade Abdullah and more for Keenum just for the rest of the year. Guy also said he'd do Burkhead, but i honestly think I'd rather keep Burkhead over Abdullah (even with the way the hoodie shuffles his RBs).  I may just pick up Gabbert and roll with him and hope he can help me.  Winston could also be back where I can play him, but he's also been pretty bad this year and with TB going nowhere, they may shut him down.

 

What else is in waivers? What about McCown?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crayzcheck said:

That sucks!

If you are not going to start abdullah then go ahead and trade him for Keenum....Winston should probably be back this week or the next but it would be nice to have 2 good QB in your roster especially for playoffs.

Guy doesn’t want to do Abdullah straight up for him anymore. He wants a piece in addition to Abdullah. He did say Burkhead for Keenum straight up. Would you do that or keep Burkhead for depth since he’s better than Abdullah?

Edited by jcedwards
Link to post
Share on other sites

Keenum's owner ain't moving him. Vikes are gonna keep playing Keenum with the way he's been rolling. If Minny clinches the NFC central? Then they'll rest CK and plug Teddy Ballgame in. 

Edited by Rush2112
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Keenum's owner ain't moving him. Vikes are gonna keep playing Keenum with the way he's been rolling. If Minny clinches the NFC central? Then they'll rest CK and plug Teddy Ballgame in. 

I've already talked to the Keenum owner and all he wants is Burkhead.  He has Stafford and Dalton and would rather roll with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Crayzcheck said:

Yea

 Ok, sounds like a fair trade for Keenum. You have good WR and RB to back you for the playoffs.

So me and one other guy are fighting for the last spot in the playoffs.  Is it a definite now to trade for Keenum to potentially get me that last playoff spot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jcedwards said:

So me and one other guy are fighting for the last spot in the playoffs.  Is it a definite now to trade for Keenum to potentially get me that last playoff spot?

Yes, you are playing for week 13 to make the playoffs...just like me in 4 leagues :-/

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dcghost said:

I like the trade for Abudullah...

He ended up wanting more for than just Abdullah for him.  I checked back in with him regarding Burkhead for Keenum, and apparently another guy (who's last in the league) has made him an offer he can't refuse for Keenum, so doesn't look like I will get him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

He ended up wanting more for than just Abdullah for him.  I checked back in with him regarding Burkhead for Keenum, and apparently another guy (who's last in the league) has made him an offer he can't refuse for Keenum, so doesn't look like I will get him.

What other options do you have?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...