NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brees, Stafford, Winston ... McCown? WHIR

I’ve had Brees and Stafford all year, and they’ve both let me down almost every week. Now Stafford is hurt and plays at BAL, and Brees vs CAR.

I can pick up Winston (presuming he’s back) or McCown against the free-falling Chiefs. I’m actually leaning toward McCown, even if it means carrying 3 QBs. 

I’d cut either Riddick or Amendola, who’ve killed me all year too.

2 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Drop Amendola for McCown. And what's wrong with owning 3 QB's? Injuries happen anytime and i always draft/own 3 QB's each year. 

Thanks, appreciate that.

Nothing wrong with it all, but I like to keep those spots for RB/WR I could use in the right matchup. This league has two flex spots. Especially when both of my QBs are top 10 based on total points. 

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

yea id go mccown and drop amendola but im a bucs fan so winston always tricks me

Yeah, I’ve been down that road with Winston. He usually puts up decent points but man is he frustrating to watch for 3 quarters. 

Gonna go with McCown. Thanks, everyone. 

Look at McCowns playoff schedule, he might be a one week start and dump for you.  If you're looking for a playoff QB think about Bortles.  McCown after KC gets @Den, @NO, home for LAC.  Bortles Indy, SEA, HOU, SF.

Thanks for the help on mine. I know how you are with Winston.  I'm an FSU fan so I was high on him coming out of FSU.  I took him as my main QB in my dynasty league too. He is frustrating to own.

But back to your question.  I'd drop Amendola for McCown.

2 hours ago, humanpuck said:

Look at McCowns playoff schedule, he might be a one week start and dump for you.  If you're looking for a playoff QB think about Bortles.  McCown after KC gets @Den, @NO, home for LAC.  Bortles Indy, SEA, HOU, SF.

Yeah, I looked at his schedule and it's definitely not pretty. I need a win this week to secure a bye.

Bortles is owned, but man, I don't think I could bring myself to start Bortles in a playoff game. I think I'll be ok with Brees (@Atl, NYJ, Atl) and Stafford (@TB, Chi, @Cin) after this week. 

2 hours ago, jcedwards said:

Thanks for the help on mine. I know how you are with Winston.  I'm an FSU fan so I was high on him coming out of FSU.  I took him as my main QB in my dynasty league too. He is frustrating to own.

But back to your question.  I'd drop Amendola for McCown.

I hear ya. I have Mariota in my dynasty league. Hopefully they can both cut down on turnovers and become more consistent.

I'm planning to drop Riddick. Whoever I drop will probably get picked up in this league, but I'd be a little more nervous if I had to go against Amendola with his random monster games, than Riddick, who's become invisible in that offense. Then again, he'll now have a 4 TD game this week. :P