NBC Sports Edge Forums

Montrezl Harrell 17-18 Season Outlook

My man Montrezl! Does he hold similar value to last year when he stepped in due to injury? Does he have value now whether starting or coming off the bench? Will it be the Gallo show at the 4 and none of this matters? Is Dekker going to snuff out the Monsta!? (I don't think so)

Thoughts??!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

only reason I picked Boban is so I could think for a minute, remember he sucks and still might not play much, drop him, and pick up Montrezl Harrell

This guy is nothing like Julius Randle...

off the bench, lou will starting as well as someone from a key and peele skit. Sindarius Thornwell

When he stepped in due to injury in Houston, it was into Capela's role.  If Jordan was the one that got hurt last night, I'd say hell yeah, must add.  But the Clippers have a center with meh range already.  A center who's probably going to be on the floor even more than previously because he'll have more of a burden on him in general (at least until they start tanking).

Harrell is going to get more minutes because the Clippers are going to have to play more unconventional lineups that have him out there with DeAndre.  But if anything, I think Harrell will play even less traditional center than before.  I would watch to see if I'm just a little wrong or a lot wrong (I'm almost never right), but I don't think Harrell is a must add in 12 teamers.  I certainly wouldn't drop anyone decent for him, but if you're looking for your next streamer and Wes John and Dekker are already gone, I suppose it can't hurt.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, kane said:

#Clippers coach Doc Rivers confirms Montrezl Harrell will start alongside Austin Rivers, Lou Williams, Wesley Johnson, and DeAndre Jordan vs. #Jazz.

wtf....

Harrel with DeAndre?

33 minutes ago, kane said:

#Clippers coach Doc Rivers confirms Montrezl Harrell will start alongside Austin Rivers, Lou Williams, Wesley Johnson, and DeAndre Jordan vs. #Jazz.

Plays today, Saturday and Sunday. I'm grabbing he or Dekker asap, Dekker should get some SF time and PF time so shouldn't he get similar if not more minutes?

12 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Plays today, Saturday and Sunday. I'm grabbing he or Dekker asap, Dekker should get some SF time and PF time so shouldn't he get similar if not more minutes?

Harrell it is, combination of him starting and how my h2h matchup is going. He's likely a 3 day rental that can hopefully give me FG%, Steals and Blocks anything else is a bonus.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that by the time Blake Griffin comes back, DeAndre will probably be on the Cavaliers.

If that's the case then I can see mid round value ROSS, as well as great pairing for DeAndre owners

3 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Let's not forget that by the time Blake Griffin comes back, DeAndre will probably be on the Cavaliers.

If that's the case then I can see mid round value ROSS, as well as great pairing for DeAndre owners

Lol...talk about a reach

Edited by jiiiggz
  • 1 month later...

In  case Blake is going to miss time what are the expectations on Harrell until he's back? I think he will be a hot pick up but i really dont have any obvious candidates to drop. My worst player is Bismack and i dont think Harrell will be better than him. Would you say 12/8/1 with mediocre ft and good fg is at play?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ncasalla said:

If DJ get's traded out of the clippers this man will be great to own.

This guy will be a monster if DJ leaves. Always been a per minute animal. Just have to be willing to take him on as a FT anchor though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RafiBomb said:

Thoughts with Griffin gone? Does he play the 4 or 5? Does Boban bump him down on the depth chart? Don't follow Clippers to closely so input would be greatly appreciated!

I'd expect Tobias to play PF, Gallo at SF (when he comes back), Bradley at SG. Don't see much change for Monty.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

Thoughts with Griffin gone? Does he play the 4 or 5? Does Boban bump him down on the depth chart? Don't follow Clippers to closely so input would be greatly appreciated!

If Deandre gets traded too, then Harrell probably will start. Otherwise, Tobias and Gallo will take up the 3 and 4 positions

• Thanks 1
Just now, Elcamino said:

Boban Marjanovic

Hmm I saw that, but I disregaded him since I’ve never seen him play heavy minutes. Blah, someone picked him up already. Oh well! We’ll see what happens

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Can play both PF/C, I have more confidence in him than Boban

Yeah, I’ve seen a good amount of Boban since I own Drummond. When this trade went through, I automatically assumed he’d be a back-up. His minutes were usually in the single digits, rarely over 20. Hard to imagine him playing 15+ minutes consistently, but I could be wrong. Now that I said that, he’ll probably play 30+ minutes and get fed the ball in the post non-stop...

Just now, hoop said:

Yeah, I’ve seen a good amount of Boban since I own Drummond. When this trade went through, I automatically assumed he’d be a back-up. His minutes were usually in the single digits, rarely over 20. Hard to imagine him playing 15+ minutes consistently, but I could be wrong. Now that I said that, he’ll probably play 30+ minutes and get fed the ball in the post non-stop...

I think you're right. Can't see him playing big minutes.