NBC Sports Edge Forums

Montrezl Harrell 17-18 Season Outlook

I mean I think it's obvious that Lou, DeAndre and Tobias and Harrell are 4 of their best players (maybe including Boban as a Boban truther, but he can't play with Jordan anyway), so I would expect them to keep rolling with him while he's hot. Depends how Tobias does at the 3 and if it's worth it to play him there.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

only reason I picked Boban is so I could think for a minute, remember he sucks and still might not play much, drop him, and pick up Montrezl Harrell

This guy is nothing like Julius Randle...

off the bench, lou will starting as well as someone from a key and peele skit. Sindarius Thornwell

22 minutes ago, Aguywithagun said:

Is it worth using my #1 WW on him??? I've been holding out for the right moment, and my playoffs start next week.... ?

AC forum question.

picked up Harrell and dropped J.Allen in 10 Team league.

In the last 4 games, Harrell is putting up a 5th round value in 9-cat standard leagues.

One of these may apply to you guys:

punting 3s ( 3rd round value at #31; applies to me, sitting at 2nd )

punting ft % (4th round value at #42nd, same here)

punting assists ( 4th round value at #43rd)

This is Harrell playing an average of 22.4 minutes. Heck i'll be biased and say he's 13th when punting all three cats lol 
Along with the obvious Jakob Poeltl, Harrell can be really useful for teams trying to win with big-men categories. 

Picked him up today, interested how he performs on big minutes starting or on bench. We might have on our hands Julius Randle, now that he is getting minutes in LAL, putting up huge numbers. Montrezl should get consistent 30+ min per night moving forward and they might have their own Julius.

29 minutes ago, Rhythms said:

well, he doesn't pass like him, also rebounds little less, but that's not the point. I also forgot to mention Greg Monroe with MIL previous season, didn't get lot of minutes, but produced as well or better than Montrezl in his unknown minutes.

1 hour ago, Rhythms said:

Speaking fully from a fantasy basketball angle:

Julius Randle is not in WW this year. This guy was, up until a few days ago. Plus in the last month: Randle is 50 while Harrell is 52, it'd be fair to expect Harrell to keep playing at the same level given that he's got the opportunity. 

So yeah, I agree, we've got a Randle in our hands.

16 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

30 minutes lol 

He can't play basketball, remember kind of Faried 

nah, man! Faried got no post moves, all dunks. Faried doesn't post anything in limited minutes. I believe he can play, watch his last 10 or 12 games all above 50%. Saw some ridiculous shots he made against Cleveland, he is not that guy. Look at Zaza or Javale. They definitely cant play! Or that Russell dance budy Payne! He should be playing in gleague. Same can be said about Phoenix promising big Marquese, who in reality is not ready for nba competition. Might be year or two. This guy can ball, no doubt.

18 minutes ago, Mambamode said:

nah, man! Faried got no post moves, all dunks. Faried doesn't post anything in limited minutes. I believe he can play, watch his last 10 or 12 games all above 50%. Saw some ridiculous shots he made against Cleveland, he is not that guy. Look at Zaza or Javale. They definitely cant play! Or that Russell dance budy Payne! He should be playing in gleague. Same can be said about Phoenix promising big Marquese, who in reality is not ready for nba competition. Might be year or two. This guy can ball, no doubt.

Marquese shoots 3s, no consistency but I can see some talent maybe he'll never fully express 

Harrell scores around the rim, classic situation defenders prefer guarding his teammates and let him free 

But he's not the talent to drop 20 points every night at NBA level, He can't shot and is a disaster from the free throw line 

Athleticism is great... the new Faried 

5 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Marquese shoots 3s, no consistency but I can see some talent maybe he'll never fully express 

Harrell scores around the rim, classic situation defenders prefer guarding his teammates and let him free 

But he's not the talent to drop 20 points every night at NBA level, He can't shot and is a disaster from the free throw line 

Athleticism is great... the new Faried 

Talking about disaster - his teammate is DeAndre Jordan, who shots way worse ft! I disagree, lets see how he plays against Magic.

I guess he may not play the minutes we hoped for. Still will probably hold him through next week since he plays 4 games and even in low minutes can be nice for fg% and decent points. Just play him 25 min doc instead of playing your trash son 40 min maybe

• Haha 1

Clips play Chicago Bulls. A lot of players shine in stat sheets when they play against them. If Clips give Montrezl 25 mins expect out of this world tasty stats. I believe most of yall have full lineup today, but if you do have Montrezl, worth a risk to place him in lineup. I decided Elf deserves some benching tonight (even tho they play against Cavs)!

• Like 1