NBC Sports EDGE Forums

TE Dilemma - WHIR 100%

My team (12-team, 0.5 PPR):

QB: Wentz, Rodgers

RB: McCoy, Lewis, Duke, Ajayi, Blount

WR: Brown, Thielen, Anderson, Coleman

TE: Engram, Reed

DST: Jags

The Eli benching makes me a bit nervous about Engram, though I think it's still possible (if not probable) that he plays well as that safety value (and likely target monster). However there's still uncertainty. Reed is my "backup", who I've been holding on to for upside, and he still might have top-5 upside if he gets healthy next week (after the 10-day rest).

Charles Clay is available on waivers. Should I pick him up, and who should I drop? Options:

1. Reed. The easy answer, but he has the most upside of any of the 3 TEs we're discussing, and there's a decent chance he'll be healthy for week 14 after a 10-day layoff

2. Blunt or Coleman. Barring injuries, I'm probably never going to start either of them.

3. Rodgers. But I'm currently in trade discussions with him, and I don't want to an opponent for nothing (even though he'll never start for me).

4. Stay with what I've got and hope Engram turns out okay this week.

Any advice appreciated.

Clay is a good option but I would stick with Engram...

TE end's usually benefit the most from young/new QB's.

I think Engram will get his targets and he SHOULD catch them and have a decent fantasy production. Maybe 5/60/possible TD.

I have Engram and I am rolling with him over ASJ.