NBC Sports Edge Forums

Best teamin the NFC - debate

27 minutes ago, calibar said:

this right here, people discredit the Eagles for losing against SEA in SEA when they had 400yds of offense but don't look at what MIN did. Yes they won some important games, but some of them were not really impressive. Now, cue the "good teams figure out a way to win" BS but to me they are not the all-mighty top seed as all the Vikings fans would like to throne them. As of now, I think it's anybody's game, no clear-cut top dog

Eagles are the best team in the NFC now, they were the best team after the loss to Seattle and they were the best before that too.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

That's fine.  We are all entitled to our opinions. At the end of the year most of us will be wrong.  I just don't see how anyone can think the Saints are a better team than the Vikings right now, when everything you can look at says the Vikings are better, the records say the Vikings are better, the strength of opponents say the Vikings are better, plus the Vikings beat the Saints this year and the Falcons in Atlanta, while the Saints just lost to them. It just does not make any sense to me

Thats why HFA is important. I think Minny wins in Minny, but if it ends up in New Orleans, I think the Saints win. Plus Saints losing to Atlanta and Minny beating them doesn't say anything. Just like if Carolina beats Minny, the fact the the Saints swept Carolina doesn't mean Saints are automatically better than Minny.

19 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

That's fine.  We are all entitled to our opinions. At the end of the year most of us will be wrong.  I just don't see how anyone can think the Saints are a better team than the Vikings right now, when everything you can look at says the Vikings are better, the records say the Vikings are better, the strength of opponents say the Vikings are better, plus the Vikings beat the Saints this year and the Falcons in Atlanta, while the Saints just lost to them. It just does not make any sense to me

Agreed, I am not going to change my opinion on a team based off one loss in December.  My opinion is based off big picture, as to who I think will win the NFC in January.  There's a long road ahead of every team and one week shouldn't drastically change anyone's opinion on a team unless there is a big injury.

I think the win (at home) in the first game of the season is far less relevant as we move towards the playoffs.  If you know anything about the NFL it changes every week.  Teams make adjustments in scheme, rosters, coaches ect.  Both teams are so much different now than they were in week 1 it would be very hard to look at that game and come to any sort of conclusion as to how good a team is now. 

Their strength of opponents are not drastically better, I think you could make a case for either side. 

Vikings: Ravens, Browns & Steelers ( 2-1)

Saints:  Miami, Bills & Steelers (2-1)

They have played 7 common opponents, the Vikings are 6-1(play Carolina this week), Saints are 6-2.  So if the Vikings lose they would have the same record vs common opponents.  The extra loss that the saints have came against the Rams on the road where the Vikings got them at home, which would be the same case with Carolina this weekend if the Vikings happen to lose.  Their loss would come on the road where the Saints got them at home.

The most relevant statistic you mentioned is the Vikings beat that falcons last week.  Although they did it on a full week where the Saints only had 4 days. 

I think the Vikings are a very good team but their schedule down the stretch is much harder than the Saints.  Panthers, Bengals, Packers Bears vs Jets, Falcons at home and Tampa.  Should be a very interesting final few weeks!

On 12/7/2017 at 8:30 PM, TommyKramer said:

Would you like to change your opinion?

On 12/7/2017 at 8:30 PM, TommyKramer said:

Would you like to change your opinion?

On 12/8/2017 at 10:51 AM, Flynfiesta6 said:

Agreed, I am not going to change my opinion on a team based off one loss in December.  My opinion is based off big picture, as to who I think will win the NFC in January.  There's a long road ahead of every team and one week shouldn't drastically change anyone's opinion on a team unless there is a big injury.

I think the win (at home) in the first game of the season is far less relevant as we move towards the playoffs.  If you know anything about the NFL it changes every week.  Teams make adjustments in scheme, rosters, coaches ect.  Both teams are so much different now than they were in week 1 it would be very hard to look at that game and come to any sort of conclusion as to how good a team is now. 

Their strength of opponents are not drastically better, I think you could make a case for either side. 

Vikings: Ravens, Browns & Steelers ( 2-1)

Saints:  Miami, Bills & Steelers (2-1)

They have played 7 common opponents, the Vikings are 6-1(play Carolina this week), Saints are 6-2.  So if the Vikings lose they would have the same record vs common opponents.  The extra loss that the saints have came against the Rams on the road where the Vikings got them at home, which would be the same case with Carolina this weekend if the Vikings happen to lose.  Their loss would come on the road where the Saints got them at home.

The most relevant statistic you mentioned is the Vikings beat that falcons last week.  Although they did it on a full week where the Saints only had 4 days. 

I think the Vikings are a very good team but their schedule down the stretch is much harder than the Saints.  Panthers, Bengals, Packers Bears vs Jets, Falcons at home and Tampa.  Should be a very interesting final few weeks!

Told ya lol

7 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Told ya lol

Did you watch the game?

Vikings were down 3 offensive lineman, played like crap, officials jobbed them multiple times, yet they still almost won.  They will go 3-0 to end the season, just need the EAgles to lose  1 or 2 down the stretch.

2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Did you watch the game?

Vikings were down 3 offensive lineman, played like crap, officials jobbed them multiple times, yet they still almost won.  They will go 3-0 to end the season, just need the EAgles to lose  1 or 2 down the stretch.

Haha yeah, I watched keenum throw 2 picks, which is why  I like the Saints over the Vikings.  Qb is far superior. 

Did you even read what  I said? You can say the same thing about the saints loss, go look at my previous post after what’s his name quoted me... the saints were on the road, lost 6 starters to injury,  their most explosive offensive player on the first drive and the officials were way worse than the Vikings officials. (Penalty on s. Peyton on a 3rd and 8, to end the game.)  give me a break. I have no loyalty to any NFC team that is making a playoff push. My unbiased opinion is the Saints are the best team in the NFC.