Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

New York Yankees 2018 Outlook


BlueJaysIn2030

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

Rumors yankees are trying to grab another starter

 

names include Michael Fulmer and Patrick Corbin

 

They won't get Patrick Corbin.  The D-Backs are legit contenders and starting pitching is still the gold standard when you contend.  They could empty the farm for Fulmer though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

They won't get Patrick Corbin.  The D-Backs are legit contenders and starting pitching is still the gold standard when you contend.  They could empty the farm for Fulmer though.

doubt that

 

fulmer isnt dominant and the tigers have been open about his ongoing  ulnar nerve issue

 

but it will still probably cost something like Frazier, Sheffield, Abreu 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 1:20 AM, unknownrotoguru said:

no.  it doesn't.  (except, maybe, if you are a delusional yankee fan)

 

 

But Fulmer or Cole for Frazier does?     Which has been mentioned

 

 

There is slight difference between Stroman, Fulmer, and Cole

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ak427 said:

 

My guess is they'll resign Frazier and let Andujar work on his defense in the minors for a little longer. 

 

 

I'm sure Frazier will hold out for a multi-year deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rich22 said:

 

 

I'm sure Frazier will hold out for a multi-year deal

 

Maybe. I think everyone that followed the Yankees even remotely knows how much he loves the Yankees (growing up in the area, LLWS, etc.). He might take less or fewer years to stay with the Yankees 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ak427 said:

 

Maybe. I think everyone that followed the Yankees even remotely knows how much he loves the Yankees (growing up in the area, LLWS, etc.). He might take less or fewer years to stay with the Yankees 

 

 

 

Maybe a year with an option?    I know he loved it.   He is 31 and might be his last chance to make really big money.   He did have a off year, so maybe he will take "a prove I'm better deal"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rich22 said:

 

 

Maybe a year with an option?    I know he loved it.   He is 31 and might be his last chance to make really big money.   He did have a off year, so maybe he will take "a prove I'm better deal"?

Could be. Also the Yanks look like contenders, so maybe take less with more term for a shot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, motown magic said:

I'm guessing Hicks is the guy

He was kicking A$$ before he got hurt and didn't get it all the way back after 

Yeah I agree Its gotta be Hick's job right now. Ellsbury was a water cooler during the ALCS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

so 2nd and 3rd are open.  im assuming torres is gonna start at 2nd

 

if the yankees dont get Machado, who is the third basemen?

 

give andujar a shot with torreyes as a backup?

 

see if you can give tod frazier a big 1 year 18 mil deal or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mortl said:

start miggy at 3b. torreyes/wade at 2b unless torres has an amazing spring otherwise they will give him time in triple a to get going 

 

Maybe, but he's alraedy on the 40 and has a great glove. I think there's at least even odds he makes the opening day roster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its Andujar - at 3rd as of now. He's got a great bat the only knock on him as been his glove but he has the raw tools - athleticism and arm to succeed. At 2B I think they'll give Torres every chance to win the job in Spring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

his bat was electric when he got called up. if i rememeber correctly he got 3 hits in his debut and then didnt really play much after his debut. but the ball was flying off his bat. hope they just go with him at 3B 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mortl said:

his bat was electric when he got called up. if i rememeber correctly he got 3 hits in his debut and then didnt really play much after his debut. but the ball was flying off his bat. hope they just go with him at 3B 

 

1 hour ago, DidiFan said:

I got so confused I was like wait what Cabrera???! Hehh ?? than I remembered Andujar's name is Miguel LOL

lol ya i thought miggy cabrera too!

 

off question, do either of you listen to Mike Francesa?  his last show was today and yesterday he had like 80 guests on.  im listening to them now

 

anyways, Bobby Valentine is on and him and mike are joking that George "The Boss" steinbrener bought the yankees for 9 million....only 190k cash out of his pocket

 

not a bad investment...

 

"Brian Cashman spends more than that on ties" - Bobby Valentine

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

 

lol ya i thought miggy cabrera too!

 

off question, do either of you listen to Mike Francesa?  his last show was today and yesterday he had like 80 guests on.  im listening to them now

 

anyways, Bobby Valentine is on and him and mike are joking that George "The Boss" steinbrener bought the yankees for 9 million....only 190k cash out of his pocket

 

not a bad investment...

 

"Brian Cashman spends more than that on ties" - Bobby Valentine

Yes!! Listened to Mike a lot over the years. Heard the last show today. LOL great line from Bobby V on Cash

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DidiFan said:

I think its Andujar - at 3rd as of now. He's got a great bat the only knock on him as been his glove but he has the raw tools - athleticism and arm to succeed. At 2B I think they'll give Torres every chance to win the job in Spring. 

 

Defense isn't as much of an issue now I imagine now that the Yankees can slug their way out of errors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

Defense isn't as much of an issue now I imagine now that the Yankees can slug their way out of errors.

Yeah I agree it isnt a huge concern and I've heard he's improved defensively anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DidiFan said:

CC back on one year deal

 

 

Yeah everyone knew that was coming.  So right now their pitching rotation is what?  Severino, Gray, Tanaka, CC and someone else.  If they get Cole he is that someone.  If they don't, then who? 

 

Whatever they do if it doesn't include letting Jordan Montgomery start I hope they trade him because he belongs somewhere on a major league rotation and not just the emergency reserve guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

Yeah everyone knew that was coming.  So right now their pitching rotation is what?  Severino, Gray, Tanaka, CC and someone else.  If they get Cole he is that someone.  If they don't, then who? 

 

Whatever they do if it doesn't include letting Jordan Montgomery start I hope they trade him because he belongs somewhere on a major league rotation and not just the emergency reserve guy.

Think Monty has to be the 5th guy as of now. If they do go out and get Cole, which to be really honest I'm not that excited about given how he wasn't all that great last year in NL, then you'd have to assume that Monty is the odd guy out. But supposing that they do go out and trade for Cole , Monty will have a ton of value as a 6th starter. CC will be 38 on knees that are duck taped together Gray and Tanaka also have had injury concerns. No one ever wants to predict injuries but in this case I'm more or less anticipating that one or more of these guy will miss time and in that Case Monty will be extremely valuable. And I do agree with you that he certainly deserves a spot in the rotation, but if they get Cole he's not guaranteed that spot. Which quite frankly sucks for him and isn't entirely fair but like I mentioned I still think he will have a pretty big role for this team even if he doesnt have that spot to begin the year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to New York Yankees 2018 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...