NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Someone Dropped Ariza. FAAB amount? WHIR

BrianN85

Really crazy move. This is a 12-team H2H and I'm in first place. I have $85 left in FAAB; how much to use on Ariza? (I don't make many transactions; go pretty strong? I normally win points, 3s, and steals, but think Ariza is a must-own, of course. My big man stats may start hurting though.)

G: Irving, Oladipo, Curry, Thompson, Devin Booker, DSJ

F: Thad, Ingram, Markkanen, Prince

C: WCS, Len, Collins

I assume Len is my drop. Can afford to wait 2-3 weeks for Collins. Thoughts?

Your team is already so stacked in 3's that I probably wouldn't go crazy with the FAAB. In H2H you want your strength strong and your weaknesses weak, so it doesn't matter if your big man stats start hurting. You are taking a path with your team build to win. If you win 5-4 or 8-1 it doesn't matter, a win is a win. 

I don't know your league settings, daily/weekly, how much FAAB you started with, how much FAAB your primary competitors have, how many players you play, etc. so I can't really tell you a FAAB amount. 

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Your team is already so stacked in 3's that I probably wouldn't go crazy with the FAAB. In H2H you want your strength strong and your weaknesses weak, so it doesn't matter if your big man stats start hurting. You are taking a path with your team build to win. If you win 5-4 or 8-1 it doesn't matter, a win is a win. 

I don't know your league settings, daily/weekly, how much FAAB you started with, how much FAAB your primary competitors have, how many players you play, etc. so I can't really tell you a FAAB amount. 

I have $85 of $100 left; two other best teams have $86/$66. It's a 12-team 8-category H2H league with daily rosters (3 bench spots, no IR), but 5 adds max each week. I blow everyone away in 3s and points, top 3 in steals and FT, and 4-5 in FG, boards, assists and blocks. I'm first overall and only worried about the two other top teams. Against one I'm up in FT, 3s, steals, blocks, points. Against the other I'm up in FG, FT, 3s, points. So I'm not really sure I can "sell out" one way with a punt build.

Appreciate any help!

hey man, appreciate the help. im not familiar with auction prices, but i would definetely pick up ariza. all he needs to do like he has always been doing is 3 and d. lock up players n bombs away from 3. he's worth it. but with your team so stacked in 3's and steals, it really depends on how much ur beating every single one of your opponents by. and you can factor that in by taking your best steals / 3's player and deducting him from your squad (think of it as a guy being injured), so with him being out, would u still blow other teams away?

Ok the other day someone dropped Fournier in my $250 league lol Don't ask. I thought that was worst ever. This beats that lol If I were you, I'd go nuts trying to get him and then either flip him or one of the other guys for someone else tbh, Specially you can deinitely get a much better big than Len and that's a pretty big hole for your team anyways. Definitely get him and get a much better big with one of your other guys. Good luck!!