Stephen Anderson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuller is coming back from a multi week absence - con

fuller had 40ish yards over 3 games with savage under center - con

fuller was due for a regress after his TD rate peaked w Watson at QB - con

Andserson - is covering a position savage loves to use - TE (when hes not bombing it to Nuk)

Anderson - is capable of producing against a decent def now he gets a s---y one 

Anderson - SF will sell out to cover Nuk and Fuller leaving Miller and Anderson to move the chains

Ill take anderson over fuller anytime this week.

Compared to other TEs, the snap % for Stephen Anderson is insane. He will get targets as that suits his strengths, so all I'm seeing is

Opportunity.

Will Fuller V will get some targets & pop that lid off the SF defense, but I don't think he will be a fantasy factor.

I dropped Charles Clay today with Tyrod out & I'm benching Cameron Brate, for Stephen Anderson, now that Stafford is playing.

I don't see TB keeping up with DET & I don't like Brate's snap % either. Chasing TD's is not something I'm comfortable with at all. Give me 6 points Anderson, that's all I ask.

On 12/7/2017 at 12:58 PM, herschel said:

Fuller will be back and Blue is out meaning Ellington will get some targets.  Anderson looking more like a 3rd of 4th option as opposed to a 2nd that some people were touting him as.....

Ellington is on IR (out for the season).

Edited by Rolling Thunder

this guy also screwed us ertz owners

if it wasnt for his game last week with all those targets, he wouldnt have been added. instead of going with burton, most of us went with anderson and could have costed us the playoffs.   sucks. 

21 minutes ago, pfresh said:

if it wasnt for his game last week with all those targets, he wouldnt have been added. instead of going with burton, most of us went with anderson and could have costed us the playoffs.   sucks. 

Most Ertz owners should have started Burton if they had him. Gronk owners or people who missed out on Burton probably played Anderson.

5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Most Ertz owners should have started Burton if they had him. Gronk owners or people who missed out on Burton probably played Anderson.

Know I did in both my leagues where I have Ertz.  Helped that Ertz wasn't ruled out this morning so wanted to leave the option open.

27 minutes ago, pfresh said:

The TE position has been and continues to be violatile. I don't think you can blame Anderson. It's the nature of the beast. Look at the performances of some other highly touted Free agent TE's this week.

Brate: 1 target, 1 catch, 11 yards, 0 TD's

Njoku: 2 targets, 1 catch, 3 yards, 0 TD's

Anderson: 6 target, 2 catches, 16 yards, 0 TD's

Any of the above, an owner could have started based on previous weeks performance. Yes, Burton is looking extremely good, but sometimes it's a coin flip at TE.

"Tight end streamer of the week."  Ha.

In the end, I went with Burton luckily because I figured a tight end is only as good as the guy throwing him the ball and the offense around him.  Just thought there were more chances to score in the Eagles Rams game.

I'm guessing this guy will be dropped by all but the most desperate of owners.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on his future potential?

Anybody with any guesses as to which of the 3 HOU TE's will emerge next year? 

Seems like Griffin is JAG and CJF is always hurt. 

Would be good to have shares of a Watson-led offense, dont know enough about this guy to say if he would be "the guy" next year.