NBC Sports Edge Forums

Help pick RBs and Flex (PPR) Hunt, Howard, Hyde, Burkhead, Drake, etc. WHIR!!!

I have too many mid-tier RBs and don't know how to prioritize them. Rankings are all over the map.

Here's my lineup as of today: (full PPR)

QB: Wilson (@Jax....eh)

WR: Julio, Landry

RB: Drake, Burkhead

W/T: M. Bryant (Schuster out) (upside play)

Superflex: Gio (if Mixon is out)

K: Gostkowski

DST: Chargers (Ravens)

Bench: DT, Shepard, JuJu, Hyde, Howard, Hunt, Ravens

I lost the bye week because of starting Hyde/Howard/Hunt last week and Drake/Burkhead on the bench. Help me not make the same mistake! I'm an underdog this week, so I feel I need to swing for the fences (going up against Wentz, Dez, M. Thomas, Evans, Gordon, Kamara, Freeman )

Shepard is injured again....

I can make arguments for/against just about all the running backs

WR/TE on the waiver wire: Zay Jones, S. Anderson, DeDe Westbrook, Seals-Jones to name a few.

Any suggestions? Burkhead & Drake have moved up. I can't trust Hunt, or Howard, and haven't heard much about Hyde (tough match up @HOU). 

Leave a link! Thanks for your input!

Edited by mhavens
mispelling

Personally, I don't like starting Drake against NE. Their defense has been pretty hot lately and I think game script is going to work against him. I know Hunt hasnt done us any favors lately, but I like his matchup and would probably play him instead. If Mixon is out, I'd bump Gio to RB with Rex, and then think about Flex, with Hunt being in my choice.

I like Drake for sure here.  I have the Howard/Burkhead issue myself.   I am leaning with Burkhead.   Andy Reid has to give the ball to Hunt at some point but not sure you can trust that it is this week.   He probably has the Highest Ceiling and lowest floor out of the group.   I think Burkhead is the safest play but lowest Ceiling.   

Edited by kec
adding mine

I would wait to make your decision at RB after the game on Thursday. See how the matchup is looking after that. If his guys go off then you would have to go with whoever has the highest upside and in my opinion that would be Hunt, Gio, and Drake. I think Drake will be more involved in the passing game this week and he is always one touch away from breaking one. Gio looked rock solid to me on Monday and if Mixon is out he might see 20+ touches. Hunt is the wildcard here as we all know his struggles lately. He couldn't have a better spot to rebound than against OAK at home. It would be awful to see him blow up on your bench even though he has a low floor at the moment and it's tough to start him.

With that said Burkhead would be a solid option instead of Hunt and he probably has the highest floor in PPR out of your guys besides Gio. Hyde can't be counted on due to Breida. Ill be honest im not too familar with Howards play of late but he would be tough to trust as well. Hopefully this helps in some way. Im struggling with similar decisions myself. Good luck to you

I was disappointed with how little Garappolo threw to Hyde. It was an unknown, but now I don't know if it's a trend and he doesn't look to the RB as much. It really hurt Hyde's scoring. I don't know if Howard can rebound at Cincy. They'll be fired up after losing on MNF the way they did, and is why I like Gio if I can get him in my lineup.

On 12/6/2017 at 8:31 PM, rquinlan said:

I would wait to make your decision at RB after the game on Thursday. See how the matchup is looking after that. If his guys go off then you would have to go with whoever has the highest upside and in my opinion that would be Hunt, Gio, and Drake. I think Drake will be more involved in the passing game this week and he is always one touch away from breaking one. Gio looked rock solid to me on Monday and if Mixon is out he might see 20+ touches. Hunt is the wildcard here as we all know his struggles lately. He couldn't have a better spot to rebound than against OAK at home. It would be awful to see him blow up on your bench even though he has a low floor at the moment and it's tough to start him.

With that said Burkhead would be a solid option instead of Hunt and he probably has the highest floor in PPR out of your guys besides Gio. Hyde can't be counted on due to Breida. Ill be honest im not too familar with Howards play of late but he would be tough to trust as well. Hopefully this helps in some way. Im struggling with similar decisions myself. Good luck to you

So a Thursday update. My opponent started M. Thomas, Kamara, Freeman to my Julio...so thanks to Kamara's concussion I made up some of my deficit, so I don't know if I need a swing-for-the-fences player (e.g. M. Bryant over Shepard).

Full PPR:

I can start 3 RBs and see a lot of variance with Hyde. These are my choices: Burkhead, Drake, Hyde, Gio, Hunt, Howard

With Mixon most likely out, Gio's usage should be pretty safe in a good matchup (20 touches?)

Is Drake game-script proof with Williams out?  I"m also starting Landy as my WR2.

Burkhead - good recent track record, but Hogan is back...and Lewis in the mix

Hunt - enough has been said about this...good matchup, but totally unpredictable usage

Hyde - receptions down last week with Garapolo who was raised throwing to the slot receivers, not RBs, but it's HOU on the road and you beat HOU by throwing,  but these RBs had good games due to receptions (Fournette, C. West, Hunt, Gurley) and Henry had 109/1 but that was a clock-killing long TD...

Howard - no PPR value now, CIN gives up points to the RB and Cincy's defense is beat up...

yes.. very close to mine (switching out Burkhead and Lewis).. I like Burkhead more 

so I’d roll with Burkhead, Drake & Gio

it’s tough leaving Hunt & Hyde on the bench though 

Bryant over Shep

Edited by BIGFOOT

For some reason I like Hunt this week. If you need to swing for the fences, who better than a guy who's shown he is capable of dropping 35+ point games. That was a long time ago, but you say swing for the fences, I say put Hunt up to bat in the best matchup he's seen in awhile. Burkhead, Drake, Hunt. Also put Shepard in for Martavis. Martavis hasn't shown a connection with Ben all year and BAL is a tough matchup.