NBC Sports Edge Forums

Goff or Jimmy G ? Pats D Or Bengals D

I asked this same question Tuesday (Goff or Garoppollo) and everyone said Goff...

So what's the consensus?

Jimmy G is a great QB with a good matchup. But he's playing a bad team and hasn't proven his fantasy worth just yet.
Goff is essentially the opposite. A good QB with a poor matchup, but on a good team and has proven his fantasy value.

My gut says go with Garoppollo because Goff has struggled against good D. The one thing that is holding me back is that I'm not sure how many points SF will put up, even with Garoppollo as their new QB.

11 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I asked this same question Tuesday (Goff or Garoppollo) and everyone said Goff...

So what's the consensus?

Jimmy G is a great QB with a good matchup. But he's playing a bad team and hasn't proven his fantasy worth just yet.
Goff is essentially the opposite. A good QB with a poor matchup, but on a good team and has proven his fantasy value.

My gut says go with Garoppollo because Goff has struggled against good D. The one thing that is holding me back is that I'm not sure how many points SF will put up, even with Garoppollo as their new QB.

I like Jimmy  g and I even tweeted to Evan Silva and he immediately responded with Jimmy G in a good matchup . Said  he thinks he’s gonna play well in this matchup 

Edited by hulkster

I could see starting jimmy G if your options are limited but over Goff? That’s ballsy in week one of playoffs. What has Jimmy really done this year? It’s not like they put up 30 plus points on the bears. He didn’t throw a td. Some of these stats like Houston giving up the most points to qbs are inflated from 2 or 3 crazy games during the season. Heck they probably gave up enough to Wilson and Seattle in that shootout to spread over 3 games. I could be wrong wouldn’t be the first time but personally I would go with the guy on the team who’s being doing it all season in Goff. I will say that is a tough matchup against Phily so I understand the hesitation.

21 minutes ago, ocelot777 said:

I could see starting jimmy G if your options are limited but over Goff? That’s ballsy in week one of playoffs. What has Jimmy really done this year? It’s not like they put up 30 plus points on the bears. He didn’t throw a td. Some of these stats like Houston giving up the most points to qbs are inflated from 2 or 3 crazy games during the season. Heck they probably gave up enough to Wilson and Seattle in that shootout to spread over 3 games. I could be wrong wouldn’t be the first time but personally I would go with the guy on the team who’s being doing it all season in Goff. I will say that is a tough matchup against Phily so I understand the hesitation.

Every Qb that has played the Texans has scored at least 2 touchdowns . Eagles generate a lot of pressure on QB’s . Jimmy G should be able to get a couple scores and 250 plus I think . But I’m very hesitant 

28 minutes ago, ocelot777 said:

The one thing I will mention is that Goff hasn't produced against good teams. He's had 11 points or less four times this season (SEA, JAX, MIN, WSH), 20 or more three times this season (HOU, NYG, SF), and then in between 11-20 four times (NO, DAL, ARI x 2). So he hasn't really proven himself against a strong D.

6 hours ago, ocelot777 said:

Every Qb that has played the Texans has scored at least 2 touchdowns . Eagles generate a lot of pressure on QB’s . Jimmy G should be able to get a couple scores and 250 plus I think . But I’m very hesitant 

4 hours ago, ocelot777 said:

What about Goff at home. Don’t feel like looking up stats so how does he perform at home vs the road?

Goff is completely matchup based . He’s so so vs good defenses and he shreds bad ones . Except last week vs Cardinals ... He was “supposed “ to shred them but did soso

9 minutes ago, kaesr said:

I'm shocked to see so much support for Jimmy G and I hope they are right because I'm playing against Goff in my main league. But no way would I use Jimmy over Goff this week.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/687841-stick-with-cam-or-hit-the-waiver-wire/

I was a little surprised but the matchup is pretty good . For some reason I can’t post the screenshot of Silva saying go with Jimmy 

1 hour ago, hulkster said:

Robert Woods out one more game . You think goff lights them up ? I was tweeting with Evan Silva and he said Jimmy G . You know who Evan is right ?

I think it will be a high scoring game.  It really comes down to I'm not trusting a QB with one start on a team with possible the worst receiving talent in the league.

11 hours ago, hulkster said:

Robert Woods out one more game . You think goff lights them up ? I was tweeting with Evan Silva and he said Jimmy G . You know who Evan is right ?

Evan is not some god, he has the same chance of predicting who will do good or bad as any one of us.