NBC Sports Edge Forums

Luis Castillo 2018 Outlook

azeri98

6 minutes ago, jwblue said:

The next Michael Pineda.  Looks uninhabitable one start.   Mediocre the next three.  

Uninhabitable?  Do "things" usually live in his body but they migrated elsewhere?  Wouldn't that be a good thing? 

And no he is not Pineda.  Last year he was remarkably consistently excellent.  Never was "mediocre" in three starts in a row in MLB so far.  Though Kluber sometimes has been early on in the season because he isn't great out of the gate. Maybe you were thinking of him instead?  ;-)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2018 at 11:42 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Uninhabitable?  Do "things" usually live in his body but they migrated elsewhere?  Wouldn't that be a good thing? 

And no he is not Pineda.  Last year he was remarkably consistently excellent.  Never was "mediocre" in three starts in a row in MLB so far.  Though Kluber sometimes has been early on in the season because he isn't great out of the gate. Maybe you were thinking of him instead?  ;-)

July 15th, 2017

July 20th, 2017

July 25th, 2017

2 hours ago, The_Idiot said:

Razzball article today talks about a drop in velocity across all 4 of his pitches.  Anyone concerned with arm problems?

His velocity is down a bit, but it's still elite, and he's pitched in two cold weather games.  I don't see any cause for concern.

His velocity looks up today. 95mph consistently. His changeup is still almost unhittable.

However, his mechanics appear off sometimes. He falls off to the side and misses his fastball every so often. And the same as when he throws the slider. I think he's thrown 1 slider so far and it missed by about 6 feet. He has no feel/confidence for that pitch right now.

17 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

WTF is this kid doing?  Gives up a hit to the pitcher and throws 2 meatballs to no power infielders for HR's.  Ace, yeah right.

He's going to have growing pains as the league sees him this second time around, especially because he is a mostly 2 pitch guy with stuff. Up and down with some 10 K starts sprinkled in. 

7 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

He's going to have growing pains as the league sees him this second time around, especially because he is a mostly 2 pitch guy with stuff. Up and down with some 10 K starts sprinkled in. 

Yeah I dont expecting him to have "growing pains" against the likes of Pivetta, Crawford and Hernandez.

1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

Yeah I dont expecting him to have "growing pains" against the likes of Pivetta, Crawford and Hernandez.

Hernandez is a good hitter and even cy young winners give up hits to SPs. This was a solid and encouraging start.

3 minutes ago, Letitbe793 said:

Hernandez is a good hitter and even cy young winners give up hits to SPs. This was a solid and encouraging start.

Not really. Only 4Ks and 4.50 era. Glad I benched.

3 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Not really. Only 4Ks and 4.50 era. Glad I benched.

and 0 BBs and a lot of weak ground ball outs. 

Dynasty/keeper league owners who had him last year know how awesome Luis can be after he brilliantly navigated the most brutal schedule for  a SP to start their career possible. 

Not saying he is an ace but if you can get him for less than his draft day value buy low while you still can. 

1 hour ago, jdbob11 said:

Bad command can happen against anyone, if you drafted him as your #1 that's on you, he got a QS. 

Was at tonight's game. Didn't walk away feeling very confident going forward. A lot of hard hits. Even the outs were hit hard.

But no walks and velo was consistent all night. And the Phillies are not the cake walk that they used to be.

Archived