NBC Sports Edge Forums

AJ Green Dilemma, WHIR 100%

AJ Green's matchup versus Rhodes and a fired up Vikings D is scary. Rhodes has shutdown a bevy of elite wide receivers, including superstars like Julio, Brown, Thomas, and Evans. Im thinking this is a good week to fade him and play a high-upside player with a good matchup.

Would you play Jordy Nelson, Goodwin, and Gordon over him? How would you rank those three plus AJ for Week 15?

I currently see it as:

1) Jordy (Rodgers back) vs Panthers

2) Goodwin vs Titans

3) Gordon vs Ravens

4) Green vs Vikings

Interested to hear other peoples' takes on this. Thanks!

I'd start AJ over Goodwin, but not over Jordy or Josh. 

The Packers are going to be shot out of a cannon with Rodgers back. What a boost in morale. 

Gordon is a tough one because he plays BAL but I have to imagine he'll break free once, and that's all you need. 

Although Funchess found some success vs MIN, Rhodes is a legit shut down corner and AJG far too often goes quiet during games because the CInci offense is largely punchless. 

Goodwin is the kind of guy you want to start but just can't bring yourself to do it for fear of one of the other three erupting. 

Thanks for mine.

Make sure Rodgers is back if you start Jordy.  Rodgers says he is medically cleared and pushing to play but team hasn't confirmed anything official.  Also, Marvin Jones did OK vs Rhodes when DET played MIN.  Green, Jordy (if Rodgers), Gordon, Goodwin.

10 hours ago, J Boogie said:

AJ Green's matchup versus Rhodes and a fired up Vikings D is scary. Rhodes has shutdown a bevy of elite wide receivers, including superstars like Julio, Brown, Thomas, and Evans. Im thinking this is a good week to fade him and play a high-upside player with a good matchup.

Would you play Jordy Nelson, Goodwin, and Gordon over him? How would you rank those three plus AJ for Week 15?

I currently see it as:

1) Jordy (Rodgers back) vs Panthers

2) Goodwin vs Titans

3) Gordon vs Ravens

4) Green vs Vikings

Interested to hear other peoples' takes on this. Thanks!

How many WR spots do you have?

If 2, I like AJG & Gordon. 

If 3, I like AJG, Gordon, & Goodwin. 

With A-Rod returning, Jordy's numbers should go up, but I like the potential of the other 3 better. Thanks for mine & good luck!

I benching AJG.... The Rhodes and Minnesota pass rush matchup is scary, add in the mess in cincy and it's a recipe for disaster. AJG is a great player but I just don't like what he is up against. Funchess had no success against Rhodes, he had three catches and 1 TD. The TD came off a play where Rhodes was not on him and it was a scramble play kept alive by Cam.... Take that away and he had two catches for like 30 yards or something. 

Moving AJG to bench - Gordon out of flex and starting WR - Hunt off bench and into flex. 

Honestly I would start any of those guys over AJG this week. I expect Gordon to get peppered with targets, Jordy is loved in the red zone by Rogers, the Niners have some chemistry brewing and Goodwin is a big part of the plan. You never know but again I just see a recipe for disaster in Minnesota. 

I'm in a very similar boat, but for me its AJG or JuJu.

I think in your case, Goodwin is a surer thing that Green. Sure, MJones did good against Rhodes but he has Stafford throwing to him. And Rhodes was possibly playing at less than 100%, having hurt his calf the previous game, and that a Thursday game so he didn't have time to rest/heal.