NBC Sports Edge Forums

Easy Q: Drop Gortat for Collins? WHIR - 100% -

Gortat is much better with Wall playing, but as I gortat owner myself I'd drop him for Collins, they will start him soon (he was before the injury) and will stuck in the lineup also with Dedmon back (one PF other C) no way they play Ersan over him on such a bad team

I never though there would be multiple people choosing Gortat over Collins. Pls get Collins. His minutes and role are secure. At least definitely more secure than Gortat's who is counting on Mahimni's injuries to keep playing big minutes. 

On 16/12/2017 at 3:04 AM, Manos A said:

I never though there would be multiple people choosing Gortat over Collins. Pls get Collins. His minutes and role are secure. At least definitely more secure than Gortat's who is counting on Mahimni's injuries to keep playing big minutes. 

Haha I was surprised too. People are whacky around here.

It's because people aren't exactly patient, and Gortat has been a fairly reliable fantasy player, historically, save for the second half of last year.

I'm not gonna say it's "easy" necessarily, but I'd choose Collins.

You gotta figure Dedmon isn't going to be getting more than 25 minutes a night.  Even if Collins only gets about 25 minutes off the bench, that should be good enough for some late mid-round value, at least right now.  Later in the season, with the Hawks falling, Collins' role should only grow.