NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Commish dilemna

molonLabe80

Okay so I am the commish and i was just watching the NFL stream and it showed all the inactives. So i see that gresham was out at TE for AZ so I drop james and grab Seals-jones. Well about 1 min later it goes to the NE/Pit game and of course macdonald is out so now I want James back. So should i use my commish powers to add him back? Now i will say if someone hit me up before the game to do this i would do it for other players.

Edited by molonLabe80
Oops

3 minutes ago, Jon21 said:

Nope, if you have to use your commish power to do by-pass the system that is abusing your powers even if you would do it for others

So its not abusing my commish power if i do it for someone else but if i do its an abuse of power?

How does that make sense

Edited by molonLabe80

If you wanted a system like that then you should have turn off waivers for players dropped before games are played. If a person needed to use commish powers to gain a competitive advantage in a game then that is abuse of power. Next year set your system like that. You made a bad call live with it. 

Look, be real, you just want someone here to tell you it's ok for you to do this.  I don't think there will be many people who are going to tell you that.  I won't.  

I've had that same thing happen to me more times than I can count and wanted to switch out using my commish abilities.  But I've never done it and never will.  Just deal with it.  This is just something that happens in fantasy.

And not just regarding you but anyone else too.  I would never swap out a player for someone else once that position is locked in.  

4 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

Okay so I am the commish and i was just watching the NFL stream and it showed all the inactives. So i see that gresham was out at TE for AZ so I drop james and grab Seals-jones. Well about 1 min later it goes to the NE/Pit game and of course macdonald is out so now I want James back. So should i use my commish powers to add him back? Now i will say if someone hit me up before the game to do this i would do it for other players.

It is completely wrong to do it for James in this situation. And wrong to do in any intentional drop situation period. An intentional drop is an intentional drop, as it is an abuse of commish powers to change that. 

Edited by Corleone

5 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

1. Would you do it if someone else ran into this problem and asked you to restore their roster?

2. If you're contemplating doing something that only you have the power to do, it's not fair. 

Sucks but the bad karma will follow you if you do it. 

On 12/17/2017 at 6:07 AM, habslive said:

1. Would you do it if someone else ran into this problem and asked you to restore their roster?

2. If you're contemplating doing something that only you have the power to do, it's not fair. 

Sucks but the bad karma will follow you if you do it. 

1 yes i said in what you quoted i would do it, and i have in fact done it years past, 

2.  I didnt do it, won by 40 pts and would have broke 200pts had i played olsen on my bench at TE.