NBC Sports Edge Forums

12-17-17 Patriots @ Steelers Gameday Thread

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Pretty sure the Steelers are the most popular team in the league... wouldn't be surprised if they pull in just as much as the Pats do.

Not quite according to national ratings. 

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/news/2016/whos-americas-nfl-team-nielsens-media-exposure-rankings-detail-the-top-franchise.html

Teams are intimidated by New England. Coaches and/or players that are normally good under pressure get nervous vs NE and do stupid things. This is another example. Tomlin/Ben panicked, and made a boneheaded play rather than handle the situation calmly and make a smart decision/play. Is there any doubt that the Patriots would’ve handled it differently and had a more positive outcome? 

Pats got lucky on the tipped INT, but Pittsburgh lost because they’re not as well coached, disciplined,  and prepared as NE. 

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Teams are intimidated by New England. Coaches and/or players that are normally good under pressure get nervous vs NE and do stupid things. This is another example. Tomlin/Ben panicked, and made a boneheaded play rather than handle the situation calmly and make a smart decision/play. Is there any doubt that the Patriots would’ve handled it differently and had a more positive outcome? 

Pats got lucky on the tipped INT, but Pittsburgh lost because they’re not as well coached, disciplined,  and prepared as NE. 

I wonder what the call would have been had that been gronk in Gilette rather than james in Heinz

Gotta fix the rule. Dude caught the ball. Has full possession with knee down. No defender touched him down. Made a football move. Ball crossed the plane. 

Odds are, it will take even something more drastic to change the rule. Could you imagine a player catching a ball in the endzone, makes three steps while somewhat stumbling, his own teammate jumps on him to celebrate and the ball comes out during the celebration. NFL would say no catch.

Laughing out loud?  I think part of the problem with the NFL these days is nobody - including the officials - knows what the rules are.  It certainly bothers me.

Edited by BMcP

NFL failed again, just like Hunt touchdown which was called not a TD on saturday, and they decided to stand with the decision on the field, the steelers touchdown should of stayed as called in this kind of rulebook situation. NFL refs and organization is bunch of hacks.

31 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Gotta fix the rule. Dude caught the ball. Has full possession with knee down. No defender touched him down. Made a football move. Ball crossed the plane. 

Odds are, it will take even something more drastic to change the rule. Could you imagine a player catching a ball in the endzone, makes three steps while somewhat stumbling, his own teammate jumps on him to celebrate and the ball comes out during the celebration. NFL would say no catch.

Odds are, if this wasnt against Patriots, the call would of stayed. :)

Edited by DJSatane

After this season is over, I have a feeling that there's going to be a significant deliberation on the NFL's catch rules among several other key issues. There will be a notable overcorrection next season with these types of calls.

56 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

Wow, color me shocked. Thought for sure the Pack was going to be on the top of that list.

It's amazing as a Packer fan that no matter what city I travel to during the NFL season, you can find a bar hosting the game for Packer fans nearby.