NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jahmai Jones- OF Angels

Jahmai Jones is a power/speed prospect for the Los Angeles Angels.

He flashes great athleticism and bat speed, and really came onto the scene last year.

I think he'll be a household name before too long. And personally, I like him more than his more-touted teammate Jo Adell. 

Also, he has a great head on his shoulders.No really. Look at it. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Returning to High-A to start the year...and is officially listed as an infielder. Looks like they really are gonna try him at 2B. Something to monitor because his profile improves significantly if he's able to handle the switch

• 3 years later...

It’s been a while since this thread was active, but I’m curious to hear the thoughts of the prospect gurus on here about Jones. I’m a redraft guy so I don’t always closely follow the prospects but I’m intrigued by the numbers he’s putting up at Triple A. His call up seems like it could happen any day and I’d imagine they’ll give him full time ABs since the O’s are getting zero production out of 2nd base (no offense to Patty Barrels). 

• Like 1

Yeah I am adding him in deeper dynasty. I'd say he even has decent odds of being relevant in redrafts too.

Like you mention, nothing standing in his way of getting significant ABs...and soon.

Noticed he is playing LF today.

• Like 2