NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Breakouts and Busts

24 minutes ago, KiloWhiskey said:

Better upside in 2018...Dede Westbrook or Keelan Cole? I want to drop one to pick up Trent Taylor on the Jimmy G upside. (Dynasty league - half ppr, moving to full)

Spit balling here.  Cole for ppr, Westbrook in standard.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/25/2017 at 7:57 PM, Flynfiesta6 said:

few WRs in the HOF???

Your argument included "Again, not saying that Calvin Johnson wasn't an incredible player but his career lacks longevity, his teams didn't win in the regular season or playoffs and he was never an MVP and that will be taken into account for the HOF". 

That's an incredibly dumb assertion because there's a ton of WR in the HOF, and no WR has ever been MVP so it clear wouldn't be taken into account.

2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

If he puts up a strong post season with the Pats and moves up the totem pole I could see it. God knows the Pats need a WR with some size. Brady would be the best QB he has ever played with by a long shot

Too many mouths already.

Cooks, Gronk, Hogan, Edelman, Mitchell , Almendola plus all the rbs.

36 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

This obviously depends his health and him staying with GB. In the 5 games he and Rodgers played together he averaged: 7.6 targets/ 5 rec/ 58yards/1TD.

That's 80 rec/ 928 yds/ 16TDs over 16gms. Would probably be more like 1100yds 12TDs

Experienced owners don't look at end of year stats to value players. Can I join YOUR league?

3 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Jordy will be 33 by the time training camps roll around in 2018, and by most accounts I've heard and read, didn't show the same athletic ability on the field regardless of whether Rodgers was the QB or not. Green Bay also resigned Davante Adams to a big extension and he seems to be the #1 going forward. On top of all that, Jordy may not even be a lock to return to GB for the final season of his contract, as they might cut him. Overall IMO, just because Jordy has had big years in the past, that doesn't mean he's any lock to have big years again. Father Time is an undefeated competitor...

In addition, for the stats you mention, Jordy played in 7 games in which Rodgers was the QB. The first 6 of the season, which includes the game Rodgers got hurt. Plus the game Rodgers returned late in the season. In those 7 games, these were Jordy's yardage totals...

0 (Jordy injured early)

60 (I don't know the breakdown of how many of these yards came after Hundley entered)

28 (the return of Rodgers for one week)

That comes out to 258 yards in 7 games, which averages out to about 590 yards for a 16-game season. Even if excluding the 0 game where he was hurt early, you get an average of 688 yards for a full season. 

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Fitz is at least making a game of it 

Heh, this is true...Brady is doing his best to resist as well. But neither of them started to slow down due to their own physical skills the way Jordy has, and then rebounded to put up elite stats. They simply haven't slowed down at all for the most part (Fitz's down years were more the responsibility of atrocious QB play). 

8 minutes ago, NyCro said:

Devante Adams- 105 Catches 11 TD’s 1350 yards. 

I could definitely see numbers similar to this, as long as he doesn't have any lingering concussion issues (and GB is betting he won't). 

Edited by Corleone
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

As I said, yardage alone is not really doing it for me.  I want big games and touchdowns, neither of which does Julio provide often enough.

Do you play roto style?  All stats accumulate throughout the year?  Or ppr?  I am talking head to head standard.  Jones is not enough of a helper in that format.  I am not about collecting a bunch of high volume compilers who catch 5-6 passes for 70 yards and fall down immediately.

Standard is a little different, I switched to .5 ppr this year.  2 of my other leagues are full ppr, I have no control of those leagues.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, Maroney's Bolgna said:

Your argument included "Again, not saying that Calvin Johnson wasn't an incredible player but his career lacks longevity, his teams didn't win in the regular season or playoffs and he was never an MVP and that will be taken into account for the HOF". 

That's an incredibly dumb assertion because there's a ton of WR in the HOF, and no WR has ever been MVP so it clear wouldn't be taken into account.

When did I say there wasn't any WR's in the HOF?

My apologies, I should have inserted an "all of these" before will be taken into account for the HOF.  My point with the MVP is that IMO he is borderline to get in to the HOF at this point and if he was the only WR to win the award his resume would be that much better over other candidates that may have better overall stats.  

Again, I think he was a great player but a HOF'R... Eh, I guess we will find out in 3 years.  

On 12/30/2017 at 8:19 PM, Rolling Thunder said:

The NFL draft is still 4 months away, but I will go on record right now that the most significant fantasy sleepers of 2018 will be  members of this upcoming RB draft class. It is the deepest group I've ever seen, especially of RBs that also have pass chops.  I bet there will be more than one Day Two or Day Three guy who goes into the season planted on the bench behind some JAG or plodder but who shines when his door to opportunity opens.  These rookie back ups are going to be on a different level than the rookie back ups we are all used to.  Maybe it belongs in the bold prediction thread, but I'm saying right now that championship teams in 2018 will be littered with more rookie RBs than we have ever seen.

What is your ranking of the RB prospect?

On 1/3/2018 at 10:57 AM, thebrowns said:

What is your ranking of the RB prospect?

For fantasy purposes, I need to see where the new crop of RBs lands.

I bet there are upwards of 15 RBs in this draft class that could produce very well, very early, if they find themselves in the right circumstances.  Think Kamara or Hunt multiplied half a dozen times.  Not only does this incoming group include many talented runners, it also includes lots of guys with serious pass chops.

Look what happened immediately following the historically deep 2014 WR draft class.  On a 2015 PPG basis, OBJ, ARob, Watkins, Cooks, Evans and Matthews all made serious noise.  There is similarly deep talent in this RB draft class.  When I take my fliers in deep leagues next season, I am loading up on rookie RBs who look to be in favorable "opportunity" circumstances, even if they start the season on their team's bench.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
14 minutes ago, milesberg said:

Sounds crazy to call him a sleeper but Amari Cooper is mine.  I expect a huge, huge season.  Top 5 WR next year, no doubt in my mind.

Especially if Crabtree leaves.  Crab was alpha-dogging Cooper big time, especially in the red zone.