NBC Sports Edge Forums

Always start the studs? WHIR

Week 16, championship game, non PPR. Can play 3 RB (one in flex)

Ezekial Elliot vs SEA (Gurley just smashed them in the mouth)

LeVeon Bell @HOU (a TD and 100+ rushing yards allowed 3 weeks in a row against sub-par running backs)

Leonard Fournette @SF (not a strong team against the run)

Assuming all are healthy, you play all 3 over the likes of Alex Collins? This should be a painfully easy choice, but Collins is averaging 5 yards a carry against one of the leagues worst defenses. 

Collins has had a couple of big games, but I just can't see benching any of the big 3 for him. If you were going to consider benching one though, which? 

Drop a link, WHIR. 

In this case roll with the studs, but I'd watch the Fournette thing and put in Collins for him if it looks dicey.

And for the record the "Start your studs" mantra is true 90% of the time but I hate when people say it always is the way to go. Matchups and injuries matter too.

19 hours ago, Dead Money said:

In this case roll with the studs, but I'd watch the Fournette thing and put in Collins for him if it looks dicey.

And for the record the "Start your studs" mantra is true 90% of the time but I hate when people say it always is the way to go. Matchups and injuries matter too.

I agree. It seems silly to even ask (especially given the overwhelming response) but Collins has a cake matchup and has been beastly at times. 

Fournette may make it an easy call. It's what I would have done anyway, Collins hasn't really done enough lately to warrant playing him over one of the other 3 when all are healthy. But it's tempting. 

I do like Collins this week, but as of right now, I'd roll with Fournette for the final RB pick. I could see a scenario where you would bench your stud here (if Fournette was facing a really tough run defense, which isn't the case, or if they say he is a game-time decision), but for right now, I'd plan on Fournette.