NBC Sports Edge Forums

What move defined your season?

When most of us drafted, the West injury hadnt occurred in KC and the New Orleans backfield still had AP, so saying not drafting Hunt or Kamara was one we all could of done, but Im talking more on the verge and didnt make it happen. 

In reflection, mine is simple Dez Bryant instead of Deandre Hopkins or Travis Kelce.  My two main auction leagues, I targeted either Dez or Hop as my WR2, in both leagues Dez was called out first and I bought, I didnt trust them enough to be WR1's, so in one league I bought AJ Green and another league bought OBJ.  In both leagues I got Engram as backup TE on the cheap.  Engram, Dez, Hopkins were all roughly the same auction price, like mid to upper 30's.  

Just that single shift and the season is much different...

Trading Doug martin and Tevin Coleman for mccoy and Crowell the week after martin came back. 

I was was able to pickup shady and sell on martin’s decent first game back when NE defense was horrible. 

Got lucky by trading dalvin cook after week 1 for Julio Jones. I had the depth at rb to do it. Even though Julio has underperformed in many owners eyes, I am happy to have him. 

Draft move was taking Alex Smith in the 19th round and starting him week 1 against the Pats.

WW move was adding Alex Collins on Sept 30th as I liked what little I had seen of him and I had to fill a space left void by Dalvin Cook.

In two of my leagues where I'm in the chip, I did something that I rarely do and that's stay true to my draft and stayed patient. For the most part, the core of both of my teams are still intact with a little waiver wire magic of course. Even then, most of my waiver wire picks have stuck for weeks.  Not a lot of streaming this year.

Drafting Bell over DJ 1st overall. I never understood why DJ was the consensus #1 pick when Bell put up better per game numbers in all phases of the game last year (except TDs, which are unpredictable) and had an elite O-line and offensive situation compared to the shaky Arizona situation.

Edited by MJJ28

sticking to my guns during the draft (waiting on Ertz. Grabbing Allen) Ertz is on my 2 title teams as well as Allen (who was also on a playoff team of mine that lost 1st round). All my teams that had Ertz or Allen made playoffs. 1 team that had neither didnt make it ( im in 4 leagues). 

Good waiver wire pickups like Kamara, Juju, Wentz

28 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Drafting Bell over DJ 1st overall. I never understood why DJ was the consensus #1 pick when Bell put up better per game numbers in all phases of the game last year (except TDs, which are unpredictable) and had an elite O-line and offensive situation compared to the shaky Arizona situation.

I think bc DJ hasn't been suspended (twice) or had serious injury (twice) 

Drafting Carson Wentz in round 11 to "back up" Derek Carr. lol

Grabbing Devin Funchess for 3% of my FAAB

Sticking with Keenan and Alshon after slow starts

And this flies under the radar, but picking up Butker in week 4. The only more productive kicker per game was Zuerlein

5 minutes ago, habslive said:

Drafting Carson Wentz fiodoifdflk round 11 to "back up" Derek Carr. lol

Grabbing Devin Funchess for 3% of my FAAB

Sticking with Keenan and Alshon after slow starts

And this flies under the radar, but picking up Butker in week 4. The only more productive kicker per game was Zuerlein

This is why I disagee with those that want to do away with the Kicker position.  It's not all dumb luck at that position.  Like any other position, there are studs and duds.  Zuerlein and Butker have been difference makers.  Since Garoppolo took the starting job in SF, Gould has been a difference maker for those paying attention.

52 minutes ago, ccimore said:

This is why I disagee with those that want to do away with the Kicker position.  It's not all dumb luck at that position.  Like any other position, there are studs and duds.  Zuerlein and Butker have been difference makers.  Since Garoppolo took the starting job in SF, Gould has been a difference maker for those paying attention.

Totally agree. The only thing I'll add is that I do wish missed PAT's, as well as FG under 30 or 40 yards were penalized. Every other position is prone to point deductions, why not kickers?

11 minutes ago, habslive said:

Totally agree. The only thing I'll add is that I do wish missed PAT's, as well as FG under 30 or 40 yards were penalized. Every other position is prone to point deductions, why not kickers?

Interesting addition.  The idea has merit and deserves consideration.

Drafting David Johnson R1 and taking a gamble on Ezekiel Elliott R2.

Losing internet connection just long enough to get auto-drafted Jarvis Landry, who I hated during the draft, but came to love for his consistency throughout the season.

Then, tanking Week 1 to pick up a dropped Kareem Hunt from a team that was auto-drafted and reorganized the day after (poorly might I add).

Picking up a dropped Adam Thielen from the same said team that dropped Hunt to fill in for a woeful Amari Cooper.

Picking up Kenyan Drake mid-season to fill in for Zeke.

Now I'm sitting pretty in the Championship with Zeke back in my lineup, locked and loaded!

Edited by Sajan

Currently Favored to win the Title...

- Hurricane Irma

- Drafting Todd Gurley 2.01(15th)

- Alex Smith saving my season: Drafted Luck thinking he'd miss two weeks tops - draft Jay Cutler as 1/2 week rental - Hurricane Irma hits Florida..Miami game canceled - pick up Alex Smith to pair with my Tyreek Hill, Smith got 42.pts and becomes my season-long starter (until last week when Aaron Rodgers got me to the Championship). Only makes sense for Alex to re-enter the line-up to win it all!

- Drafting Tyreek Hill -- not only cause he's electric but without him I wouldn't have stacked Alex Smith after the hurricane

- Dropping my last $433 FAAB on Kenyan Drake following the Ajayi trade -- saved my playoffs dreams scoring 24 while needing 22 in the Semi-Finals

- Picking up Josh Gordon -- helped get me to the playoffs Week 13,  followed it up in Round 1 with a TD...Christmas Champion is when Josh Gordon goes all Josh Gordon to win it all. Don't lose the Chip with him going off on your bench.

- Picking up Robert Woods right before he blew up.