Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Coaching Carousel 2018 Edition


Recommended Posts

Koetter out at Tampa Bay?

 

NYG position open...

 

Arians out in Zona?

 

Bears job will open...

 

OBrien out in Houston?

 

Gase gonna make it in Miami?

 

Garrett out at Cowboys?

 

Mularkey in Tennessee?

 

Who or what do you predict to go where? What would be a good fit?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Koetter out at Tampa Bay?

 

NYG position open...

 

Arians out in Zona?

 

Bears job will open...

 

OBrien out in Houston?

 

Gase gonna make it in Miami?

 

Garrett out at Cowboys?

 

Mularkey in Tennessee?

 

Who or what do you predict to go where? What would be a good fit?

I think Gruden is gone, Pagano is gone for sure, maybe Joseph in Denver, Elway called the team soft, Del Rio might be gone, I think Gase and Garrett stay, Mularkey might stay. To early to say who gets the open spots yet, let all the dominoes fall and then see whats open

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spots that will be open:

NYG

WSH?

DET?

CHI

TB

DEN?

CIN

CLE?

IND

 

I think that's it.  O'Brien is safe, I think Del Rio is safe but could retire, Mularkey is probably safe but if they miss playoffs could get dicey, Garrett is safe, Bowles is safe, Gase is safe, Gruden is probably ok, I think Jackson gets another year, Arians is safe, and a wildcard could be Caldwell in DET.  NFL averages 6 or so new coaches a year, and I think we'll hit that number but probably not beyond it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What other coach wants to be part of that Indy circus?

 

What other team is going to give Pagano a head coaching gig?

 

Irsay might perceive Pagano as "legit" since Pagano beat cancer and also got the Colts to an AFC title game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

What other coach wants to be part of that Indy circus?

 

What other team is going to give Pagano a head coaching gig?

 

Irsay might perceive Pagano as "legit" since Pagano beat cancer and also got the Colts to an AFC title game.

 

Dave Toub, KC Special Teams coordinator, Chris Ballard likes him as a potential head coach.

 

The Chicago Bears

 

Irsay knows nothing about football, its why he finally gave up and hired Chris Ballard.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Dave Toub, KC Special Teams coordinator, Chris Ballard likes him as a potential head coach.

 

The Chicago Bears

 

Irsay knows nothing about football, its why he finally gave up and hired Chris Ballard.

 

But is Irsay ready to quit meddling and let Ballard have the reins?  The Pagano thing may be the next big test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Toub might have his choice of jobs.  Indy with an uncertain Luck may not seem like a favorable situation...

 

Good points, have to imagine Toub would like the familiarity with Ballard, critical for coach and GM to be of one mind. I think Brissett is a fine stop gap QB till you find a Luck replacement, if it comes to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brissett is pretty good in fantasy, but pretty bad in reality.  

 

You make good points, as well.  It will be interesting to see who gets it in the neck on Black Monday.

 

Me personally, I am firing John Fox from coaching any of my fantasy players next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2017 at 1:32 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Chicago fans would have to hate that.

Fantasy football fans have to hate that even more. Crazy how he would even be in the discussion for a new position after how well all his QBs have done away from him.

 

Is Arians out just due to the retirement rumors or do the Cards no longer want him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Fantasy football fans have to hate that even more. Crazy how he would even be in the discussion for a new position after how well all his QBs have done away from him.

 

Is Arians out just due to the retirement rumors or do the Cards no longer want him?

Arians wants to keep coaching, Cards want him to keep being their coach.  That's what I gather from watching insider reports for the last several years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2017 at 1:01 PM, azeri98 said:

I think Gruden is gone, Pagano is gone for sure, maybe Joseph in Denver, Elway called the team soft, Del Rio might be gone, I think Gase and Garrett stay, Mularkey might stay. To early to say who gets the open spots yet, let all the dominoes fall and then see whats open

 

I thought I’d already read that Vance Joseph is being brought back next season, but I could be mistaken.  The Del Rio situation is too bad.  Most Raider fans I know are more upset that the OC was fired while DC was kept on from last season.  But in the end, last season may have just been an anomaly.  They had a lot of close wins/late come backs last year.  The defense is still bad, and the offense isn’t saving them like last season.  So I would say Del Rio is 50/50 at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...