NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bismack Biyombo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/25/2017 at 3:36 PM, VaTerp said:

Biyombo is Extremely limited offensively as evidenced by the fact that he's never averaged more than 6.0 ppg even when getting minutes in the 20s.  In fact "limited" may be generous.  He has zero offensive game to speak of.

As a Vuc owner I picked him up hoping for boards and rebounds but not expecting much.  He leaves his feet way to often on defense, commits bad fouls, and really just isnt a good basketball player.

I have no idea what indicates he's a decent player let alone a beast.

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

giphy.gif

Haha, you can also quote me more recently saying I was on the verge of cutting him.  But I don't know that I'd take back a word of what I said.  My post was in response to someone saying he was a "beast who should be starting" and they didnt know why he signed to be a backup.  I still think that's completely off base.

He still has no offensive game but his energy, athleticism, and willingness to challenge shots (which seems increasingly rare these days) is leading to very good fantasy production and decent real basketball production as well. 

At the end of the day, its about fantasy numbers and he's exceeded my expectations so far.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong, not the first or last time.  

5 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

ZERO boards in over 20 minutes.  WTH.

Desperately need some rebounds in my matchup today.  Maybe if I talk ish about him again he will come through.

Bum....

very frustrating... I’m down 1 DD and was hoping he would at least come close to get it. He’s looking so stiff out there.

Edited by bmoney0111
14 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

ZERO boards in over 20 minutes.  WTH.

Desperately need some rebounds in my matchup today.  Maybe if I talk ish about him again he will come through.

Bum....

He is guarding Horford and he is dragging him away from the paint, so when Celtics miss a shot he is way too far to grab the ball.

So he has one more game this week.  Then three the next week.  Then I think it's four, but by that point Vooch will be day to day, then the AS break. 

Other than blocks, he's been really down the last three games (sub par rebounding even).

I say this because it's quite possible, depending on your build and where you're at in the standings, that he's a potential drop candidate right now.  And if he lasts through the waivers, you can grab him for his next week, but after that the ride might be over anyway.  If you really have to win this week... might be time.