NBC Sports Edge Forums

Final assistance with my Championship lineup. 100% WHIR

Hey guys, 

I'm pretty sure about a lot of players I will play this weekend. 

Nevertheless I want to ask for your final opinions about certain decisions. 

First of all: Predictions say that I will win by a few points. I guess I have the better players, but my opponent has the clearly better matchups. So I really need some players that will have a breakout this week.

STANDARD LEAGUE

Which WR on the flex? 

1. Crabtree @PHI

(Cooper likely to be out. If so, Crab will see a lot of targets in my opinion. But PHI is tough and I'm not so confident with OAK on the road this year)

2. Gordon @ CHI

(Gordon will see a lot of targets and a breakout game is always possible but his QB is a mess)

Which DEF to play?

1. Chicago Bears vs CLE

(The Browns give the most fantasy points to opposing defenses. I am not sure if it's a good decision to play Gordon AND Chicago Defense. Possible Trade-Off?)

2. Jacksonville Jaguars @ SF

(The JAX were one of my best players and I really would like to start them. Nevertheless I think the Bears could get me more points which I could definitely need this week.)

Which TE to play?

1. Olsen vs TB

(He had a breakout game last week and a good matchup this week. With Funchess likely to be out, he will imho see a lot of targets.)

2. Engram @ ARI

(I played Engram the whole season and would have started him with confidence. But I read that there are certain doubts that Eli will not play the whole game.)

Please give me a final personal recommendation and leave a link so that I can help you with your questions.

Happy finals and merry christmas!

Edited by Cam4Future

Crabtree, Bears, and Olsen.

Gotta go with crab. Should get huge targets and is redzone priority 1 with the better qb.

Bears D because Jimmy G gets the ball out quick and shouldnt make many mistakes.

Olsen because Eli issue and I think he is fully back now.

I think go with Gordon mainly for his upside, I think he and Crabtree offer around the same floor this week. 

Dance with the one who brought you defense wise. Roll with the Jags so then you can cheer for Gordon whole heartedly. ^

I like Olsen this week for sure. Hope for a repeat of last week or better.

Please help:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/690024-wr-help-championship-whir/

Crabtree or Gordon?  Honestly... neither. 

Weather is going to be a negative factor in both these games that are going to make passing offences struggle as a whole.  If there's absolutely no other option I would go with Crabtree, but I would not be happy about it.  Who else is available on your bench/on the wire?

Bears or Jags?  Jags.

Always play Jacksonville D.  Always.

Olsen or Engram?  Olsen.

Personally playing Engram this week, and I don't think you could go wrong either way but Olsen should have a great game this week.  Like you said, he's gonna get a ton of targets.

Edited by PugLife
25 minutes ago, PugLife said:

Crabtree or Gordon?  Honestly... neither. 

Weather is going to be a negative factor in both these games that are going to make passing offences struggle as a whole.  If there's absolutely no other option I would go with Crabtree, but I would not be happy about it.  Who else is available on your bench/on the wire?

Bears or Jags?  Jags.

Always play Jacksonville D.  Always.

Olsen or Engram?  Olsen.

Personally playing Engram this week, and I don't think you could go wrong either way but Olsen should have a great game this week.  Like you said, he's gonna get a ton of targets.

Damn, I should have then played Diggs yesterday...

No other options available besides Lynch against a very good Run Defense. 

So where is weather worse? Today in Chicago or tomorrow in Philly?

12 minutes ago, Cam4Future said:

Damn, I should have then played Diggs yesterday...

No other options available besides Lynch against a very good Run Defense. 

So where is weather worse? Today in Chicago or tomorrow in Philly?

Lynch isn't a great play, but honestly he might be your best bet.  The volume should be there.

Philly is going to be right around freezing and windy (~20mph with stronger gusts). 

Chicago is currently 23F with ~10mph wind and about half an inch of snow falling every hour.

Edited by PugLife