NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Champs! Post here

I did it yall !!!! Went against Gurley and won with Butker+ PIT D as my top 2 scorers! Holy s--- I can't believe it!!

SHOUTOUT TO HUNT AND FOURNETTE FOR CARRYING ME TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!! SHOUTOUT TO GRONK FOR STAYING HEALTHY!!!! IMMA GO BUY ME SOME WHEATIES WITH MY CHAMPIONSHIP MONEY!!! MAMA I MADE IT!!!

hqdefault.jpg

anything-possible.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2x gold and 1x silver across 3 leagues. There was some destiny in my PPR one, I remember sending a trade offer for Watson the day he tore his ACL and my offer was turned down two hours before news broke out. A very exhausting season with all the injuries. But it's time to bask in the glory of victory!!!

I literally stayed away from this thread so I wouldn't jinx myself. Ended up winning 118-112. He had Ertz going tonight.

What won it for me was picking up, and starting Dan Bailey a half hour before kickoff yesterday over Jake Elliot due to the fact someone in this forum said it was going to be cold and windy in Philadelphia tonight. Unreal. Thank you kind sir.

Congrats to all who won.

giphy.gif

Edited by The 7th Beatles

Crazy. Lots of relief. What a long season for many of us. 

Tonight I won my 3rd straight championship in my 12 team league.

Gurley was special. That was my dude at #6 overall. Deandre Hopkins, I couldn't believe I took Pryor over you in the 3rd round. But bless your heart....you were there at pick #43. 

Kareem Hunt, you did great. I traded you for MT tho in week 13. 

Engram....you were my last round steal. Lutz a round earlier did wonderfully too. 

Big Ben, I put so much faith in you. Thank you. 

Devinte Adams...get better my son. Rest up. 

Gilly and Sammy. I started you in week 16 soley for TD upside...thank you. 

Been playing in my league for 8 years and this was my 3rd time playing in the Championship.  I lost the first 2 times in the championship, but I guess the 3rd time was the charm because I'm officially A FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!!!!

12-team .5 PPR league (10-3 overall record)

Here was my draft:

1. Le'Veon Bell

2. Rob Gronkowski

3. Amari Cooper

4. DeAndre Hopkins

5. CJ Anderson

6. Ameer Abdullah

7. Sammy Watkins

8. Frank Gore

9. Danny Woodhead

10. Dak Prescott

11. Rams DEF

12. Zach Ertz

13. Sterling Shepard

14. Carson Palmer

15. Matt Prater

And here's my Winning team starting lineup:

QB: Blake Bortles

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

WR: Dede Westbrook

RB: Le'Veon Bell

RB: CJ Anderson

W/T: Rob Gronkowski

W/R: Mike Gillislee

K: Ficken

DEF: Panthers

Still in disbelief that I won.  Hasn't hit me yet.  Just so happy to finally win in this crazy game we call fantasy football.

Bell, Gronk, and Hopkins was my Big 3 and carried me all throughout the season.  I want to thank you guys for your advice and input on players.  You guys are the best.

Can't wait for 2018

Peace

Wooo won my OG league this year.  This in spite of facing the Todd Gurley owner. I also played Alshon Jeffery, and benched McCoy and Hunt for Kamara (can only start 2 RBs) but still managed to out-duel my opponent in the end somehow.

And in my other, even bigger money league, I want to thank Gurley for bringing home the bacon (and Hopkins, and Ertz, and Evans who finally decided to peak at the right time). Going up against the 12-1 team I wasn't sure I was gonna make it, but Gurley almost singlehandedly won me my season.

Congrats to all you other owners!

Was fortunate enough to be playing this week in all 3 of my leagues.  Won two, but Gurley ended my week in the other.  The combination of Fitz doing his (underappreciated) thing, and Foles busting allowed me to carry the day despite mediocre weeks.  Sometimes, things just line up for you.  I'll take it and  not look back because next time it will be me on the short end of the stick.

What is particularly sweet is that I won my family sports junkies' league for the second year in a row.  I see these guys many times a year, so the title is like a gift that keeps on giving.  I intend to milk it for another several months.

Congrats to all.  A nice way to enjoy your off-season for sure.

2 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Been playing in my league for 8 years and this was my 3rd time playing in the Championship.  I lost the first 2 times in the championship, but I guess the 3rd time was the charm because I'm officially A FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!!!!

12-team .5 PPR league (10-3 overall record)

Here was my draft:

1. Le'Veon Bell

2. Rob Gronkowski

3. Amari Cooper

4. DeAndre Hopkins

5. CJ Anderson

6. Ameer Abdullah

7. Sammy Watkins

8. Frank Gore

9. Danny Woodhead

10. Dak Prescott

11. Rams DEF

12. Zach Ertz

13. Sterling Shepard

14. Carson Palmer

15. Matt Prater

And here's my Winning team starting lineup:

QB: Blake Bortles

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

WR: Dede Westbrook

RB: Le'Veon Bell

RB: CJ Anderson

W/T: Rob Gronkowski

W/R: Mike Gillislee

K: Ficken

DEF: Panthers

Still in disbelief that I won.  Hasn't hit me yet.  Just so happy to finally win in this crazy game we call fantasy football.

Bell, Gronk, and Hopkins was my Big 3 and carried me all throughout the season.  I want to thank you guys for your advice and input on players.  You guys are the best.

Can't wait for 2018

Peace

Feels so ******** good, I have been in a league with (mostly) the same people since I was 10 years old (always the youngest one amongst my peers by far). My first championship I lost to the trio of Schaub/Foster/Andre Johnson (whom all ******** went off). I was so heart broken and never got to return to the finals until this year. Now I am a 20 year old who is a CHAMPION and I don't give two ***** about those losing years. I AM SO HYPE CONGRATS TO YOU BRO AND EVEYRONE ELSE. Until week 1 of 2018 we will all wake up every morning as a CHAMPION/

Well the Eagles defensive TD cost me 1 league and the 3rd league I won by less than 1 point and will hold of on posting until stat corrections appear (the common thread in all 3 finals was of course Todd Gurley and if the win holds in my 2nd 1 I will have won 2 with Bell and Hopkins as well). 

I’ve been playing over ten years without a championship but multiple runner ups. Finally broke through this year with two championships and yet another second. Pretty silly but the feeling of actually winning is amazing! Good job to everyone that came through this year!

10 minutes ago, nbafan_123 said:

Well the Eagles defensive TD cost me 1 league and the 3rd league I won by less than 1 point and will hold of on posting until stat corrections appear (the common thread in all 3 finals was of course Todd Gurley and if the win holds in my 2nd 1 I will have won 2 with Bell and Hopkins as well). 

I was up .9 and now I check back and lost by .1 wow I hope more stats to come

Also, big congrats to everyone else who won!!! 

Made stupid mistakes the last two weeks of the playoffs but still managed to win.  Absolute crapfest our finals was, either one of us would've lost to either team in the third place game.  I had the second most points scored but crawled into the playoffs at 6-7.  Ugliest championship I've ever won, but still a win nonetheless in my most important money league.  This after drafting David Johnson, Amari Cooper and Dez Bryant with my first three picks.  Saved by following that up with Hopkins, Hunt, Wilson, Ertz, and picking up the Jags D after week 1.

Congrats to the rest of you!

On 12/24/2017 at 6:52 PM, maxim730 said:

Post your league type, record , lineup, draft, and best pickup!

.5 PPR/12 teams, 11-2, 1st place. Won championship 3 years in a row. 4 out of 5 

Draft - 8th out of 12: Gordon, Zeke, Davante, Martavis, Diggs, Bilal, Ertz, McFadden, Maclin, Cousins, Corey Coleman, Carolin

Best draft pick - Ertz (easily)

Best FA pickup - wk3 - someone dropped Ingram..

Rotoworld Forums Experts League:  .5 PPR/14 Teams.  14-1

Best Draft pick - Todd Gurley at 13th overall.

Best Pickup - Greg Zuerlein right before the season started.

Where Legends Are Born: Dynasty. 1 point PPR/14 Teams.  11-5

Best Draft pick - Probably Tariq Cohen.

Best Pickup - Antonio Gates this week!

This is a dynasty team I took over last season and ended up in last place.  At the start of the season I turned the whole roster over, and went from worst to first.   All of the preseason trades ended with this result:

I sent away:

2017 1.01 (Fournette), 2017 2.01 (Zay Jones), 2017 1.1 FA round pick (Marshawn Lynch)
2018 1st round pick, 2018 2nd round pick, 2018 3rd round pick,
2019 1st round pick, 2019 3rd round pick
Derrick Henry, Jadeveon Clowney, Kevin White, Marquise Lee, Laquon Treadwell

I got back:
Mike Evans, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Pierre Garcon, Frank Gore, Matt Stafford, Kam Chancellor, Tavon Austin

I managed to hang on to my lead from Sunday and win my finals 109.66 to 89.40.  Gurley, Gordon, Hill, Crabtree, Burkhead, and Jacksonville D were the core of my team that carried me, in spite of any major QB or TE contributions for most of the season.  It's my 2nd straight year winning the championship, and 3rd in the last 4 years - the other owners despise me for it lol.  Gotta say this one feels pretty sweet, Gurley was a beast and my team averaged 120 pts/week during the playoffs in standard, no one came close to me.  Hopefully next season I can find another 2nd round gem like Gurley for the natural hat trick...

Congrats to everyone else on here that won!

Edited by TheINC