Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Champs! Post here


Recommended Posts

Deep league (2QB, 4WR, 2RB, 2TE, 1 FLEX, 2 Kickers, 2 D/ST, 4 IDP)/0.5 PPR/12 teams (Second championship in 4 years in this league)

 

3rd: 9-4

 

Selected last overall. 

 

Picks: Drew Brees, Devonta Freeman, Greg Olsen, DeAndre Hopkins, Dak Prescott, Emmanuel Sanders, Martellus Bennett, DeSean Jackson, Mike Gillislee, Jordan Mattthews, Pittsburgh,  Justin Tucker, Duke Johnson Jr., Deion Jones, Deshaun Watson, Darren McFadden, Ryan Succop, Washington, Benardrick McKinney, Jared Cook, Lavonte David, Marqise Lee, Sean Lee, Connor Barth, San Francisco, Jatavis Brown, Markus Wheaton, Derrick Johnson, Jalen Richard, Jermaine Gresham

 

Best draft pick(s): DeAndre Hopkins (R4, P1), Justin Tucker (R12, P1), all my drafted IDPs who started last week (Deion Jones, Sean Lee, Lavonte David)

 

Best pick ups: Jamaal Williams and Keelan Cole

 

Championship lineup:

 

QB: Drew Brees

QB: Dak Prescott

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

WR: Stering Shepard (acquired in trade from Deshaun Watson)

WR: Keelan Cole (FA Pickup)

WR: Chris Godwin (FA Pickup)

RB: Devonta Freeman

RB: Jamaal Williams ($18 waiver)

TE: Greg Olsen

TE: Jared Cook

FLEX: Duke Johnson Jr.

K: Justin Tucker

K: Ryan Succop

DEF: Pittsburgh

DEF: Washington

IDP: Deion Jones

IDP: Wesley Woodyard (FA pickup)

IDP: Sean Lee

IDP: Lavonte David

 

Playoff scores:

 

QF: 234.72-220.98 (vs. 6th seed)

SF: 201.92-139.20 (vs. 2nd seed)

Final: 192.84-155.82 (vs. 1st seed)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 Team 2 QB League Standard Scoring (8-5 Regular Season): $1800 winner

QB - Rivers

RB - CJ Anderson

RB - Jonathan Stewart

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Michael Thomas

TE: Evan Engram

WR/TE Flex: DeDe Westbrook

QB2: Bortles

K: Butker

DEF: Chargers

 

Guy in our league in 2015 won with the Rivers/Bortles combo. Bortles carried my team throughout the playoffs. Traded away Jordy Nelson the day before Rodgers got hurt. Traded away Crabtree after his big Week 2 explosion. Returns were Michael Thomas and CJ Anderson...major luck factor here. Was 5-5 and won 3 straight to sneak in as 4th seed.

 

14 Team 2 QB League - 0.5 PPR Scoring (11-2 Regular Season) $700 winner

QB - Brady

RB - Kareem Hunt

RB - Jonathan Stewart

WR - Michael Thomas

WR - Doug Baldwin

WR - Larry Fitzgerald

TE - Greg Olsen

WR/TE/RB - Dede Westbrook

QB2: Case Keenum

K: Dan Bailey

DEF: Chargers

 

****IR: Wentz

 

Went 10-0 before finishing the season 11-2. Was lucky benching Jimmy G for Keenum didn't go back to bite me. Wentz basically carried this team all year and just made small moves here and there. One of the few leagues where the best team/highest scoring team won the whole thing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst to first! Got last place in my league last year, this year I completely rejuvenated my approach and put in maximum effort and research each week, enabling me to get a solid draft and worked the waivers well enough to keep my team winning, clench my division and make it all the way to the top.

 

Gotta say, the cash prize is nice, but the validation of my efforts in the face of all the inane s----talking from my league mates is truly the best Christmas present of all.

 

My final team, 1/2ppr:

 

QB: N. Foles (W)

RB: T. Gurley (D)

RB: M. Davis (W)

WR: D. Baldwin (D)

WR: J. Smith-Schuster (W)

FLX: J. Gordon (W)

TE: Rudolph (D)

D: Jags (W)

K: Boswell (W)

 

Not the best final performance, but luckily my opponent had a horrible final performance, and thats what really counts sometimes.

 

Honorable mentions:

David Johnson: Drafted, injured

Danny Woodhead: Drafted, injured

Terrelle Pryor Sr.: Drafted, had to drop because he was just awful

Mariota: Drafted, struggled with dropping the whole season, performed in spite of him

Aaron Rodgers: sneakily scooped from waivers for free and stashed for use in playoffs

Davante Adams: Drafted, workhorse all season for me, injured in the semis

Chris Thompson: picked off waivers, was an absolute beast for me until he got injured

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team standard final roster :

Bortles
Gurley
Ingram
Keenan Allen
Woods
Diggs
Ertz
Collins 
Zuerlein
Jags D

 

I knew Gurley was a steal even at the end of the first round (11th pick), but had no idea he'd be a league winner. Meanwhile people were trash talking the pick. Sucks for them. 

 

Started off 2-4 despite having the most points in the league. Had to win 5 of my last 7 to make the 5th seed out of 6. Dropped Wentz like an idiot early on but made up for it by picking up and holding Woods & Collins since week 4. Picked up Zuerlein prior to week 1 and bid 20 on the jags after their dominating week 1 performance. Looking at their schedule I knew they'd be dominant all season. Held Corey Davis and Henry all year thinking those were my lottery tickets. 

 

Flipped Amari Pooper for Ertz only to have Cooper drop 30 the next week while my league laughed at me. Flipped Aaron Jones for Keenan Allen during his slump. 

 

I'm the commissioner in year six of our league. My playoff record was 1-5 going into the season. So happy to be the champ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN Final Tally (out of 25 teams):
1st Place: 10 Trophy's (1 Team I went 14-0)
2nd Place: 3 Trophy's

3rd Place: 4 Trophy's

 

Good year... Good year.

 

I'm sticking with the High Ceiling Philosophy I've adopted. Disparity at key positions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing in 30-50 leagues every year for the past 3 years in hopes to get a mass download on trends, players, coaches, organizations.

Next year... I'm scaling it back to 10-15 and look to win them all.

I'm ready, I'm ready!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

I've been playing in 30-50 leagues every year for the past 3 years in hopes to get a mass download on trends, players, coaches, organizations.

Next year... I'm scaling it back to 10-15 and look to win them all.

I'm ready, I'm ready!

 

Jesus christ

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

That's why his input in success I should irrelevant, lock the 47-48 leagues that fail in a closet and gloat about the other 2 or 3.  

 

Was this English?

 

Out of 40 teams I'm in 68% of the playoffs. I've won gold over 54% of the time.

 

Those are pretty good numbers when you factor in how many teams you have to juggle, the insane in-season management you have to adhere to, and all of the information from teams to players to coach changes to player health that you have to save in your noggin.

So *shrugs* ... I have quickly attained a lot of experience in a short amount of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

 

Was this English?

 

Out of 40 teams I'm in 68% of the playoffs. I've won gold over 54% of the time.

 

Those are pretty good numbers when you factor in how many teams you have to juggle, the insane in-season management you have to adhere to, and all of the information from teams to players to coach changes to player health that you have to save in your noggin.

So *shrugs* ... I have quickly attained a lot of experience in a short amount of time.

It takes you 40 tries?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ponza88 said:

 

Did you not retain anything I said?

 

I apologize for the assumption, but to play in and follow that many leagues....you must not have a very exciting life outside of this.

 

For example, player A gets scratched at 12:30PM...right before kickoff. You going to go through all 40-50 teams on different websites, remember where you have said player, make a substitution, possibly pick up a player to replace them, that into account that individual leagues scoring settings, ALL within the time constraint? Seems too much.

Edited by bgar15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ppr 12 team 6 point passing tds

 

Went Zero wr to the fullest extent.

 

Drafted 11th of 12

 

Gronk, Gurley, Brees, Hyde, Mixon, Garçon, Hogan, R.Matthews, C.Coleman, Luck, K.Wright, Burkhead, Prosise, Golladay, Rams, Forebath, Smallwood

 

Championship lineup

 

Qb: Brees

Rb: Gurley

Rb: Gillisie (WW)

Wr: Hill (traded mixon and funchess to acquire )

Wr: Westbrook (ww)

Te:Gronk

Flex: Shepard (ww)

Flex: M.Bryant (ww)

D: Ravens

K: Gould

 

- picked up leg of the wire after week 1 and was huge all year

 

- Best picks easily Gurley and gronk. Carried me all the way through the playoffs.

 

- this game is all luck. Snuck into the playoffs with a 7-6 record. First week of playoffs had the second lowest score of the playoff teams but my opponent had the lowest. Following week had my opponent lose Brown. Title game Gurley and gronk let me sit back and enjoy a blowout. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bgar15 said:

 

I apologize for the assumption, but to play in and follow that many leagues....you must not have a very exciting life outside of this.

 

For example, player A gets scratched at 12:30PM...right before kickoff. You going to go through all 40-50 teams on different websites, remember where you have said player, make a substitution, possibly pick up a player to replace them, that into account that individual leagues scoring settings, ALL within the time constraint? Seems too much.


I work 50 hours a week, do community service on Saturdays and Sundays, and have a Girlfriend who has a kid that I watch. 

My life is pretty exciting (minus the whole baby watching when he constantly screams).

 

But it is too much, you're right. Which is why I'm scaling it back to 10-15 and giving more TLC. Every year I've improved my Playoff percentages. With more TLC because of less teams that I have to manage, it would give me even better results.

Edited by ponza88
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:


I work 50 hours a week, do community service on Saturdays and Sundays, and have a Girlfriend who has a kid that I watch. 

My life is pretty exciting (minus the whole baby watching when he constantly screams).

 

But it is too much, you're right. Which is why I'm scaling it back to 10-15 and giving more TLC. Every year I've improved my Playoff percentages. With more TLC because of less teams that I have to manage, it would give me even better results.

 

Touche haha it just seems a lot to juggle with having an everyday life too. Especially with the amount of late scratches/streaming/etc. that has to be done during a season.


Call me crazy but I've only done 1 league for the past 7 years now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:04 AM, ponza88 said:

ESPN Final Tally (out of 25 teams):
1st Place: 10 Trophy's (1 Team I went 14-0)
2nd Place: 3 Trophy's

3rd Place: 4 Trophy's

 

Good year... Good year.

 

I'm sticking with the High Ceiling Philosophy I've adopted. Disparity at key positions.

 

Impressive!

 

What players did you target this year with the "High Ceiling"?

 

Disparity at key positions, WR & RB?  Do you look to lock up a solid QB & TE early?

 

Would be interested to look into your findings!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

 

Impressive!

 

What players did you target this year with the "High Ceiling"?

 

Disparity at key positions, WR & RB?  Do you look to lock up a solid QB & TE early?

 

Would be interested to look into your findings!

 

I looked for #1 receivers that needed to be fed. I look at trends for the last month of the season. If you noticed last year, Wentz targeted Ertz at an insane rate, as he was adjusting to the NFL. That would obviously continue and it did.

 

I looked at Hopkins and his round value... the only real #1 receiver in that round (Round 3-4) that could be ELITE (Top 5) with his situation and previous dominance.

 

It's all about finding the players skilled enough to be a Top 10 player by the end of the year.

 

I would secure my elite RB's in the first 3 rounds. This year was Shady and Gurley. Shady and Ingram. Or Shady and Ajayi (LOL - not always a hit). The point being, grabbing an RB that's in-line for a Workhorse Load... so you never have to worry about if they're going to get touches or matchups... because they'll always get fed. The Focal Points of the offense.

 

Once you have your consistent floor, elite RB's... I would invest heavily from rounds 3 (or 4) to 8-9 with a WR/TE/WR/WR or TE/WR/WR/WR.

 

From that point forward you have a solid base of players, then you can fill it out with Rookie Wonders that could turn into the next Fournette.

 

Done.

 

Shady

Ingram

Cooks

Gronk

Ajayi

Gurley

Hopkins

Ertz

Hunt

Anderson (yes, Robby)

Hilton

Baldwin

Ty Mont (would have been great, but he had to get himself injured)

Anderson

Watkins / Kupp (though, this was a struggle all season, even though it paid dividends)

Edited by ponza88
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gronk was going in Round 2... sometimes Round 3 (depending on what month you drafted)... that level of value = in-season disparity.

 

Last year, I got Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd because of his suspension. My first round pick was Ezekiel. I won that league too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

 

I looked for #1 receivers that needed to be fed. I look trends for the last month of the season. If you noticed last year, Wentz targeted Ertz at an insane rate, as he was adjusting to the NFL. That would obviously continue and it did.

 

I looked at Hopkins and his round value... the only real #1 receiver that could be ELITE with his situation and previous dominance.

 

It's all about finding the players skilled enough to be a Top 10 player by the end of the year.

 

I would secure my elite RB's in the first 3 rounds. This year was Shady and Gurley. Shady and Ingram. Or Shady and Ajayi (LOL - not always a hit). The point being, grabbing an RB that's in-line for a Workhorse Load... so you never have to worry about if they're going to get touches or matchups... because they'll always get fed. The Focal Points of the offense.

 

Once you have your consistent floor, elite RB's... I would invest heavily from rounds 3 (or 4) to 8-9 with a WR/TE/WR/WR or TE/WR/WR/WR.

 

From that point forward you have a solid base of players, then you can fill it out with Rookie Wonders that could turn into the next Fournette.

 

Done.

 

Thank you for sharing!

 

I felt the same way about K. Allen this year, started slow but eventually got there. With you on the RB strategy, I switched it up this year in my main league due to the overcorrection of RB dominance from 2016.  Went WR, RB, WR, WR and then RB from 5-10.  Worked out but I hated trying to fill my RB2 spot once Elliot went down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bgar15 said:

 

Touche haha it just seems a lot to juggle with having an everyday life too. Especially with the amount of late scratches/streaming/etc. that has to be done during a season.


Call me crazy but I've only done 1 league for the past 7 years now.

One league, eight years in a row. 

 

I'm a purest. 

 

My sister went 16-0 this year. 

 

It has 14 teams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

 

Thank you for sharing!

 

I felt the same way about K. Allen this year, started slow but eventually got there. With you on the RB strategy, I switched it up this year in my main league due to the overcorrection of RB dominance from 2016.  Went WR, RB, WR, WR and then RB from 5-10.  Worked out but I hated trying to fill my RB2 spot once Elliot went down.

Don't drink the kool aid, takes ponza 40 times to get it right

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Gronk was going in Round 2... sometimes Round 3 (depending on what month you drafted)... that level of value = in-season disparity.

 

Last year, I got Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd because of his suspension. My first round pick was Ezekiel. I won that league too.

 

Lol, did the exact same thing! 

 

QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB   17 292.4 18.3 0   -- -- 6.8 93.6 -0.4
RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dal RB   2 309.4 19.3 0   -- -- 31.3 99.9 +0
RB Le'Veon Bell, Pit RB   3 281.9 17.6 0   -- -- 10.4 98.9 -0.4
WR Mike Evans, TB WR   2 256.1 16.0 15   -- -- 98.9 99.9 +0
WR Jarvis Landry, Mia WR   15 184.3 11.5 18.1   -- -- 44.4 93.2 +0.1
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE   3 167.3 10.5 3.7   -- -- 85.2 99.6 -0.1
FLEX Mark Ingram, NO RB   9 219.2 13.7 22.2   -- -- 83.8 97.7 +0.1
D/ST Chargers D/ST D/ST   17 128 8.0 3   -- -- 17.1 45.0 -5.1
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K   11 126 7.9 0   -- -- 45.1 56.1 -1.4

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 team, standard scoring, 3 keepers

 

not impressive at all considering my keepers but I’ll take it every time :D

 

Keepers: L Bell, Gurley, Elliott

 

QB: Stafford (D)

RB: Bell (K)

RB: Elliott (K)

Flex: Gurley (K)

WR: Tyreke Hill (D)

WR: Jarvis Landry (D)

TE: Engram (W)

D/ST: Ravens (D)

K: Bryant (W)

 

Bench

Mixon (D)

J. Nelson (D)

Diggs (T)

Perine (W)

Watkins (W)

Bortles (W)

Aaron Jones (W)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...