NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dropped Markkanen for Ty Jones. Good? WHIR

My take:

If you desperately need Jones' production right now then it isn't that bad of a move - Markkanen has been stinking it up these past few games.

However, it looks like (premature observations so take this with a grain of salt) Teague's injury isn't season ending, looks to be similar to Blake Griffin's sprained MCL which ended in him missing a month or so. So Jones doesn't seem like a great long-term ROS add, but he provides a great short-term boost.

As for Markkanen, it has been made clear that the team and coach loves him, is committed to him as a starter, and are looking to trade Mirotic despite his hot start as he does not fit into the team's timeline. To me, that seems like clearer ROS value. He'll pick it up soon enough.

Personally, I’d Have to agree with Espoiral, if you need the production now and need to win I’d say it was a good move because he did put up good numbers last time Teague was out and looked great visually on the court.

markkanen without a doubt has been off his game recently. (Just going by the numbers because I haven’t seen him play too often) but even through this funk the bulls still see the potential in him and will feed him minutes throughout the season. 

Btw thanks because when I saw this I went to go pick up jones ha Good luck

Just now, EzSteveO said:

Btw thanks because when I saw this I went to go pick up jones ha Good luck

Haha glad I could help. I am still a huge fan of Markkanen and I think he will be there once he clears waiver. I think the important thing is to have Ty Jones until the MRI report comes in tomorrow. He could be a game changer in stls for me. We will see, but I really appreciate your help. Unfortunately I don't have another player to drop and Markk was the only one in my team "hurting" me.

7 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Haha glad I could help. I am still a huge fan of Markkanen and I think he will be there once he clears waiver. I think the important thing is to have Ty Jones until the MRI report comes in tomorrow. He could be a game changer in stls for me. We will see, but I really appreciate your help. Unfortunately I don't have another player to drop and Markk was the only one in my team "hurting" me.

Definitely since he’ll be the hot pickup as soon as everyone starts hearing about Teague. I’ll be keeping an ear out for that report myself tomorrow. 

No worries, hoping for the best for Jones ✊?

13 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

I wouldn’t worry about it. I missed out on tyus the first time but the way thibs plays his dudes like children in a sweatshop it’s worth the risk. Was lauri the only dude you were considering dropping?

Pretty much it was only him. I picked up Gibson while Millsap is in my IL spot, but he has been too solid to drop thus far. My team is in my sig, what do you think? Did I have another drop?

14 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Pretty much it was only him. I picked up Gibson while Millsap is in my IL spot, but he has been too solid to drop thus far. My team is in my sig, what do you think? Did I have another drop?

Hmm probably not. I made the mistake of droppin Gibson earlier in this season and I regretted that