NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Paxton 2018 Outlook

High&Inside
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-28. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Were these pitches still in the strike zone or were they up out of the zone? If they were strikes, then perhaps. If some or most were balls, then it won't really be a watershed moment. Because when he does it enough and there's enough film on it, hitters will start to lay off of them. 

I am curious where this leads, though.

From Sullivan's piece swinging strikes by pitch type and location:

paxton-whiffs-pitches.png.ca765089e9e1b4ac4082aa1fa41fc01e.png

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

From Sullivan's piece swinging strikes by pitch type and location:

paxton-whiffs-pitches.png.ca765089e9e1b4ac4082aa1fa41fc01e.png

Oh nice! Thank you for providing that. Makes me really hopeful that he can continue this in future starts B)

It's fun to watch a pitcher at the top of his game and reaching back for a 100mph fb when it matters the most late in the game especially when everyone is worried about his durability. What a defense behind him too.  First CG is a no no.

11 minutes ago, arthurpete said:

Defense was superb all night, helluva game James!

Seager made play of game!  That diving stop in 7th I believe was sick.  Healy’s emotion after was cool too.  Those guys were busting a** to get that no no for James.

35 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Seager made play of game!  That diving stop in 7th I believe was sick.  Healy’s emotion after was cool too.  Those guys were busting a** to get that no no for James.

Healy saved Seager earlier, was good to see the comradery. I know Ryon's defense was pretty bad last year with Oakland but he has done well so far this year and the bat is obviously there. Maybe, just maybe, we might have us a solid 1B.

Archived