Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Wild Card Playoffs -- Picks


shakestreet
 Share

Recommended Posts

In a virtual lock, I will go with the Chiefs here. The re-emergence of Hunt to go along with Kelce and Hill will be too much for the inconsistent Mariota to overcome. Pick: Chiefs

 

The only thing Atlanta has going for them is that they have been playing playoff football for the last two weeks with their backs up against the wall. With that being said, The Rams are just more consistent on both side of the ball. Pick: Rams

 

Feel good week for the Bills but there is no way they will be able to clip the Jags with a gimpy McCoy. Pick: Jags

 

I really want Carolina to win this one but Carolina has the type of offense that can implode. I think the Saints are more balanced on both sides of the ball and their offense should be able win in the trenches. Pick: Saints

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chiefs 27 Titans 23-  The Titans looked vanilla all year but I think Mariota steps up in his first playoff game with a good performance.  Ultimately I think the Chiefs get a few big plays including a big ST return for a TD.

 

Rams 35  Falcons 17- If the Falcons keep this close, I love Atlanta to win the battle of clutch field goals and their playoff experience.  They'll need to play a 17-14 type of game to win but I don't see that from their defense.  I also don't see the Falcons keeping up in a track meet.

 

Bills 15  Jags 13-  If the Bills keep this close, I love Buffalo to win the battle of clutch field goals with the old Seahawks kicker and their playoff experienced coaches who came from Carolina.  This one will not be close to a track meet by any means.   The Jags have had it easy against some poor defenses all year at opportune times.  I think they're in for a rude awakening against a Bills' defense that plays extremely tough and can kick you in the mouth in these type of games.  When it comes down to a close game, I'm not sure the Jags have the composure or experience in these moments.

 

Saints 34  Panthers 23-  Teams rarely go 3-0 against one team in a season but the Saints had had the Panthers' number all year.  Carolina has yet to get hot but they've seemed beat up all year.  Cam's an incredible athlete but he'll need to be excellent throwing the ball and just not seeing it.

Edited by jvmillion83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Titans 16 vs Chiefs 26 - Chiefs are a fluke imo but they will do just enough to get past a Tennessee offense that won't take advantage of their secondary

 

Falcons 33 vs Rams 37  - Falcons jump out to a huge halftime lead (27 - 10) to see it all slip away in the 4th quarter. 

 

Bills 14 vs Jaguars 38  - Jags have been Jekyl and Hyde all year but they show up in full force after losing last week. Fournette goes in for 2 TD's early

 

Saints 21 vs Panthers 23  -  Ugly game with 3 turnovers by each team, Brees hasn't looked the same this year and I just see the panthers ruining everyone's predictions this week.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Seriously unbelievable how many people are picking Buffalo ?

 

People who don’t see the difference in Bortles’ away and home games. He’s a completely different QB at home than away. I see the Jags winning by at least two scores this week with or without McCoy playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

The AFC is awful.  Only watching NFC.  Two good teams in AFC.  Others are boring.

Your loss, New England and Pittsburgh could both be playing teams that beat them earlier this year in their own home stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised to see so much Panther love.  The Saints have dominated them both games and it has not been close.  A defense that is usually stout against the run have been mauled by Ingram/Kamara.  And this is without Brees having to do much.  The Panthers' defensive weakness is their secondary and if they are keying in on the run, Brees will beat them with his arm.

 

Not to mention they have Lattimore who neutralizes Funchess.  The wildcard is Olsen but asking that Panthers' offense to beat the Saints in New Orleans is a tall task that I'm not sure they are up to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

 

People who don’t see the difference in Bortles’ away and home games. He’s a completely different QB at home than away. I see the Jags winning by at least two scores this week with or without McCoy playing.

Not only that but Tyrod was sacked the 3rd most in the NFL and he missed 1.5 games.  Not to mention the fact that Buffalo is the worst rushing defense in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Seriously unbelievable how many people are picking Buffalo ?

 

People hating on your squad man, but your home field has literally come to life and ascended to new levels toward the latter half of the season in the bits of the games I was watching.

 

I think Jags got a serious home field advantage moving forward.  This city been waiting for something to happen since Jack Del Rio / Coughlin times and they might finally have it.  They seem excited and this team gonna be dangerous at home.

 

It's kind of like if the Browns ever got good, that home field would be lethal.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised to see nearly as many, if not more, Bills fans at the game. Florida fans are so fickle. At least it is really cold right now, which might have more Jags fans going to the game if the weather holds. I live in Tampa/Sarasota, so I understand full well how fair weather Florida fans are. Although the cold weather might have more Jags fans staying at home. We shall see.

 

It is a pretty equal match up all things considered, assuming McCoy can play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

In a virtual lock, I will go with the Chiefs here. The re-emergence of Hunt to go along with Kelce and Hill will be too much for the inconsistent Mariota to overcome. Pick: Chiefs

 

The only thing Atlanta has going for them is that they have been playing playoff football for the last two weeks with their backs up against the wall. With that being said, The Rams are just more consistent on both side of the ball. Pick: Rams

 

Feel good week for the Bills but there is no way they will be able to clip the Jags with a gimpy McCoy. Pick: Jags

 

I really want Carolina to win this one but Carolina has the type of offense that can implode. I think the Saints are more balanced on both sides of the ball and their offense should be able win in the trenches. Pick: Saints

Besides wanting Carolina to win...This. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Titans @Chiefs - Chiefs

2nd best home field advantage in NFL after Seattle and playing a clearly poor team who backed their way into the playoffs.  Reminiscent of the Chiefs 30-0 Destruction on my Home Team - The Houston Texans.  I believe this one is gonna be a blood bath.

 

Bills @Jags - Jags

 

Bills are not a good team and I can't see anyway they go into Jacksonville's house and come away with a W.  Bills D is not good.  Bills O is mediocre.  They've had a favorable schedule and are here today.  I can't see anyway this story continues though.  I believe the Bills offense and Tyrod is going to be exposed this game, especially with a gimpy Shady.  Get out of here.  I don't think it will be as big of a blowout as the Chiefs game, but I definitely won't be shocked when I see a double digit victory for the Jags.

 

Falcons @Rams - Rams

 

I love home field advantage and man, LA is a pretty big place.  If they can start stealing all the LA Fans early this can be a tough house to play in.  It's hard to trust a rookie HC and Jared Goff to make a run over a more experienced Falcons team, but with Todd Gurley (the REAL MVP) I think it's safe to say that anything is possible.  This is my biggest chance for an upset of the 4 games though, but I'm gonna slightly lean Rams, I will be betting the Falcons spread though.

 

Panthers @Saints - Saints

 

They've seen em twice this year and beat em up pretty good both times.  Panthers have potential to beat any team they play, but also potential to lose to any team they play.  The Saints are also a team that can score early and fast.  If that happens and the Panthers have to throw a lot and play catch up, I think it's a wrap before 2nd half even starts.  I'm not positive that will happen though.  I think this will be a good game, but I think the Saints will get it done.

 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see nearly as many, if not more, Bills fans at the game. Florida fans are so fickle. At least it is really cold right now, which might have more Jags fans going to the game if the weather holds. I live in Tampa/Sarasota, so I understand full well how fair weather Florida fans are. Although the cold weather might have more Jags fans staying at home. We shall see.

The game was completely sold out before the Bills even knew they made the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

I'm surprised to see so much Panther love.  The Saints have dominated them both games and it has not been close.  A defense that is usually stout against the run have been mauled by Ingram/Kamara.  And this is without Brees having to do much.  The Panthers' defensive weakness is their secondary and if they are keying in on the run, Brees will beat them with his arm.

 

Not to mention they have Lattimore who neutralizes Funchess.  The wildcard is Olsen but asking that Panthers' offense to beat the Saints in New Orleans is a tall task that I'm not sure they are up to.

 

I picked the Panthers, but I am rooting for the Saints.  Just have a bad feeling about this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2018 at 11:04 AM, Gohawks said:

Chiefs Rams Bills Saints

 

22 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Chiefs have to get one before they’re done

Rams

Bills — feel good pick of the weekend

Saints

 

17 hours ago, jvmillion83 said:

Chiefs 27 Titans 23-  The Titans looked vanilla all year but I think Mariota steps up in his first playoff game with a good performance.  Ultimately I think the Chiefs get a few big plays including a big ST return for a TD.

 

Rams 35  Falcons 17- If the Falcons keep this close, I love Atlanta to win the battle of clutch field goals and their playoff experience.  They'll need to play a 17-14 type of game to win but I don't see that from their defense.  I also don't see the Falcons keeping up in a track meet.

 

Bills 15  Jags 13-  If the Bills keep this close, I love Buffalo to win the battle of clutch field goals with the old Seahawks kicker and their playoff experienced coaches who came from Carolina.  This one will not be close to a track meet by any means.   The Jags have had it easy against some poor defenses all year at opportune times.  I think they're in for a rude awakening against a Bills' defense that plays extremely tough and can kick you in the mouth in these type of games.  When it comes down to a close game, I'm not sure the Jags have the composure or experience in these moments.

 

Saints 34  Panthers 23-  Teams rarely go 3-0 against one team in a season but the Saints had had the Panthers' number all year.  Carolina has yet to get hot but they've seemed beat up all year.  Cam's an incredible athlete but he'll need to be excellent throwing the ball and just not seeing it.

 

+1

 

WILDCARD

Chiefs over Titans 24-20

 

Rams over Falcons 35-28

 

Saints over Panthers 31-17

 

Bills over Jags 16-13

 

DIVISIONAL

Steelers over Chiefs 24-21

 

Patriots over Bills 38-16

 

Rams over Eagles 42-17

 

Saints over Vikings 28-24

 

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Steelers over Patriots 27-21

 

Saints over Rams 31-27

 

SUPERBOWL

Saints over Steelers 38-34

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...