Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Wild Card Playoffs -- Picks


shakestreet
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Devastater is right. 

 

Although I believe it is stupid, the NFL still has playoff reseeding.

 

Therefore eagles would play lowest seeding advancing team in NFC and Patriots in the AFC. 

 

What part of it do you disagree with? I don't consider it reseeding. The seeds remain the same it's simply highest seed faces lowest, which is fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, devaster said:

Uhh the Eagles can't face the Rams in the divisional round. It would be Eagles vs Saints in the scenario.

 

Thanks for the correction; I was thinking the Rams with the 4 seed.That is what I get for going off memory instead of looking it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, thebrowns said:

 

 

 

+1

 

WILDCARD

Chiefs over Titans 24-20

 

Rams over Falcons 35-28

 

Saints over Panthers 31-17

 

Bills over Jags 16-13

 

DIVISIONAL

Steelers over Chiefs 24-21

 

Patriots over Bills 38-16

 

Rams over Eagles 42-17

 

Saints over Vikings 28-24

 

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Steelers over Patriots 27-21

 

Saints over Rams 31-27

 

SUPERBOWL

Saints over Steelers 38-34

 

As was pointed out by Devastater I totally screwed the pooch. Saints are the 4 seed. So, I amend this to:

 

NFC DIVISIONAL
Rams over Vikings 33-24

Saints over Eagles 42-24

 

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Saints over Rams 31-27

 

Recap My Road to 11-0:

Wildcard: Chiefs, Bills,  Rams, Saints

Divisional: Steelers, Patriots, Rams, Saints

Conference: Steelers, Saints

Super Bowl: Saints

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

 

What part of it do you disagree with? I don't consider it reseeding. The seeds remain the same it's simply highest seed faces lowest, which is fair.

 

I like a locked in bracket system. Where it's laid out to begin with and if 6 beats 3 they'd then go on to play the 2 seed and the 4 / 5 winner goes on to play the 1 seed. 

 

Everyone has their own preferences though. So I won't tell you that you're wrong if you want to reseed and want the 6 seed to have to always run the gauntlet through the hardest teams. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2018 at 2:27 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Chiefs. (Tennessee is one of the worst teams to make the playoffs in years).

Rams (Falcons just really aren't very good).

Bills (Jax is a fraud).

Panthers (Carolina stuffs the run, Drew's arm won't be able to beat them through the air.  Carolina is hot, Saints backed in with a BAD loss to Tampa.  Cam is always a defensive scheme buster because of what he can do with his legs).

 

The Falcons are the only NFC team from last year's playoffs to make it back so they must be good. Still I think a rested Rams team takes it in a close one.

 

Chiefs

Rams

Jags

Panthers (Gotta go with one road team)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

So your allllll on the chiefs, huh?

 

 

 

635855535964830072-501141904-78250922.JPG.cf.jpg

This guy will be BUST harder than a high school kid's left nut on prom night.  Titans don't stand a chance...

Edited by ludawg23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chiefs win 27-17. Easy win for the Chiefs, won't even get out of 2nd gear. just a bad match up for the Titans, who come into this game with very little momentum.

 

rams win 28-23. Atlanta will show some fight, but the Rams defense is more than capable of containing Matt ryan and co. 

 

Jaguars win 31-6. Bills can't score against the Jaguars defense. I'm being generous with the margin, it could be bigger than predicted. Bortles will throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns against a mediocre bills defense. 

 

Saints win 36-27. Hoping for an entertaining contest, as it usually is between these two. Saints at home, with a confident run game will have no issues scoring touchdowns. it's on Carolina to make it interesting, and cam will have to produce some big yards out of the pocket. Saints could win by a huge margin if cam has a bad day. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm very suprised to see as much Atl love this weekend by some very credible touts and handicappers alike.  I get the Rams lack of experience, but having seen this Falcons team play quite a bit this year, I honestly just don't see this game being close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, malta69 said:

I'm very suprised to see as much Atl love this weekend by some very credible touts and handicappers alike.  I get the Rams lack of experience, but having seen this Falcons team play quite a bit this year, I honestly just don't see this game being close.

The Falcons have played much better in the last month. They have a better defense than the Rams and the type of defense that can hold up better against Gurley. They also have a strong rushing and passing attack (if it shows up) and playoff experience. I'm not writing them off. I think it will be close and give the edge to the Falcons in a close playoff game.

 

Coaching completely changes in the playoffs. Teams scoring 30+ points start scoring less than 20. Everything becomes more difficult.

 

A lot of people probably don't know how porous the Rams defense is outside of Donald. They are one of the worst teams against the run. Their pass defense is pitiful. They rely on big leads and letting Donald loose on the opposing team. Atlanta should be able to run on them and pass on them at will. Really comes down to execution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bet the house on the Bills, boys. Easy money.

 

Chiefs, Falcons, Saints, Bills.

 

Everbank Field is going to be packed with Bills fans. I don't think anyone will have seen anything like how things are going to be like come Sunday at 1PM. I don't have much faith in the offense without McCoy, but we've been playing pretty good defense since out mid-November struggles and I think we are peaking at the right time. If I had to guess the score of the game, I'd go with 20-10 Bills.

 

Even if Jacksonville does win, it's going to be a close game. Probably the closest of the weekend, I'd say.

Edited by Br0kenB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, devaster said:

The Falcons have played much better in the last month. They have a better defense than the Rams and the type of defense that can hold up better against Gurley. They also have a strong rushing and passing attack (if it shows up) and playoff experience. I'm not writing them off. I think it will be close and give the edge to the Falcons in a close playoff game.

 

Coaching completely changes in the playoffs. Teams scoring 30+ points start scoring less than 20. Everything becomes more difficult.

 

A lot of people probably don't know how porous the Rams defense is outside of Donald. They are one of the worst teams against the run. Their pass defense is pitiful. They rely on big leads and letting Donald loose on the opposing team. Atlanta should be able to run on them and pass on them at will. Really comes down to execution.

The record indicates so, but have they REALLY?   The NO and Tampa wins were far from impressive IMO.  The Carolina game showed me something as they did put the game away late, but I'm just not seeing it right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

Bet the house on the Bills, boys. Easy money.

 

Even if Jacksonville does win, it's going to be a close game. Probably the closest of the weekend, I'd say.

Makes sense, looks like you lost your confidence rather quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Makes sense, looks like you lost your confidence rather quickly.

If you look at the spread of the game you'll see that my statement makes sense in a "bet the house on the Bills" context. I still think the Bills will win outright, but with an 8 point spread, I think this is an easy call for betters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...