NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Wild Card Playoffs -- Picks

shakestreet

2 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Why do people keep saying this?  

The game was sold out before Buffalo even made the playoffs.

Because there was a reserve of seats kept back for Bills fans and in addition to that, Bills fans have been destroying the secondary market for tickets. It got so bad here on Monday that flights were up to 3x normal price from here to Jacksonville, and a ton of flights to the area were added for this Friday and Saturday. Every caller on the AM radio station says they are going. Everyone knows a group of people going. On social media around here, people are chartering flights to get there. It's that serious to some of these inbreds.

Fans here literally paid 500 per ticket as late as Monday night. People are treating this as a once in a lifetime event here. I'm expecting a 60/40 split for Bills and Jags fans this upcoming weekend since it's literally the only thing people here are talking about. They're treating it as a vacation since it's currently 0 degrees here and snowing daily.

Edited by Br0kenB

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

If you look at the spread of the game you'll see that my statement makes sense in a "bet the house on the Bills" context. I still think the Bills will win outright, but with an 8 point spread, I think this is an easy call for betters.

The line is 9. That's an absolute Jags line

2 minutes ago, malta69 said:

The line is 9. That's an absolute Jags line

You'd honestly bet Jacksonville -9 with the way they've been playing lately? Bills haven't lost to a non-New England team since November 19th.

Edited by Br0kenB

40 minutes ago, devaster said:

The Falcons have played much better in the last month. They have a better defense than the Rams and the type of defense that can hold up better against Gurley. They also have a strong rushing and passing attack (if it shows up) and playoff experience. I'm not writing them off. I think it will be close and give the edge to the Falcons in a close playoff game.

Coaching completely changes in the playoffs. Teams scoring 30+ points start scoring less than 20. Everything becomes more difficult.

A lot of people probably don't know how porous the Rams defense is outside of Donald. They are one of the worst teams against the run. Their pass defense is pitiful. They rely on big leads and letting Donald loose on the opposing team. Atlanta should be able to run on them and pass on them at will. Really comes down to execution.

I think people are forgetting that Atlanta is not the same team on the road.  They squeaked out a win in Seattle but other that didn't beat anyone worth a crap on the road.

1 minute ago, Br0kenB said:

You'd honestly bet Jacksonville -9 with the way they've been playing lately?

They lost to an undefeated QB and lost a defensive battle to a team in the division that they historically don't play well against.  All of this after they already clinched the #3 seed.

I wouldn't bet the game but yes I think the most likely outcome is Jags dominating the Bills.  Tyrod is about to get sacked a bunch.

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

That's probably true.

Until we get a guy who can actually throw with some anticipation, I agree. However, I think you should be a little more objective about your own team. Whoever wins this game is going to get put down in the next round anyway.

Edited by Br0kenB

9 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

Until we get a guy who can actually throw with some anticipation, I agree. However, I think you should be a little more objective about your own team. Whoever wins this game is going to get put down in the next round anyway.

30-9

23 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

You'd honestly bet Jacksonville -9 with the way they've been playing lately? Bills haven't lost to a non-New England team since November 19th.

I wouldn't touch this game. My post was in reply to your "bet the house" statement. Game opened At 7 / 7.5 and rising. In my degenerate experience, that's the exact opposite of a "bet the house " line movement 

47 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

Don't run away all off-season long like you usually do if you happen to be wrong.

Like I usually do?  I'm sorry I have a job and kids.  Aren't you the one who laughed and talked trash when I said the Jags would go 8-8?  Didn't you tell me Houston would absolutely destroy Jacksonville week 1?

God forbid the Jags beat a team who lucked into the playoffs.  I didn't say the Jags will surely beat the Steelers but to act like they can't is idiotic since they already did.

Edited by RMJ_12

1 hour ago, Br0kenB said:

Dude, i'd take -12.

That's how confident i am in the Jags.

Biggest mismatch of the weekend for me.

I'll even load up my free Yahoo DFS ticket with all Jags. Wish me luck.

1 hour ago, Br0kenB said:

Because there was a reserve of seats kept back for Bills fans and in addition to that, Bills fans have been destroying the secondary market for tickets. It got so bad here on Monday that flights were up to 3x normal price from here to Jacksonville, and a ton of flights to the area were added for this Friday and Saturday. Every caller on the AM radio station says they are going. Everyone knows a group of people going. On social media around here, people are chartering flights to get there. It's that serious to some of these inbreds.

Fans here literally paid 500 per ticket as late as Monday night. People are treating this as a once in a lifetime event here. I'm expecting a 60/40 split for Bills and Jags fans this upcoming weekend since it's literally the only thing people here are talking about. They're treating it as a vacation since it's currently 0 degrees here and snowing daily.

Careful, pats fans did the same in miami a couple weeks back

24 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Like I usually do?  I'm sorry I have a job and kids.  Aren't you the one who laughed and talked trash when I said the Jags would go 8-8?  Didn't you tell me Houston would absolutely destroy Jacksonville week 1?

God forbid the Jags beat a team who lucked into the playoffs.  I didn't say the Jags will surely beat the Steelers but to act like they can't is idiotic since they already did.

Jags had one more win than BUF (who faced NE twice more than JAX did)...let's not pretend this is a historic mismatch.

7 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

I just can't see such a limited offensive team really blowing out any team in the AFC playoffs unless there are some defensive touchdowns, which are a bit fluky in their own right.

Common misconception, Jax had a top 5 offense in scoring and a top 6 offense in yards.

• @Kansas City   -8.5     vs        Tennessee    

TEN is the best bet to cover the heavily-home fave spreads this week. TEN's strength is KCs weakness - Off running game v rush D. If TEN sticks to the script and stays patient (and let's face it they will - they're boring as hell) TEN loses the game but covers.

• @Los Angeles (LAR)  -6.5      vs        Atlanta 

ATL showed everyone a little something with their surprising win last week v CAR - but that was at home. ATL has been Jeckyll/Hyde all year offensively and mostly Hyde TBH. Their defense is a mirage - shows up here and not there. LAR wins comfortably covering the spread in LA.

• @Jacksonville  -8.5       vs     Buffalo

Huh-huh. Jags cover

• @New Orleans   -6.5    vs        Carolina    

If it was in Carolina I might be able to go for it. But let's say CAR actually does the impossible and shuts down Kamara and Ingram; the only reason that happens is because Brees is throwing for 3-4 TDs over the top of them. Saints cover.

Edited by SuperJoint

9 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:
  • @Kansas City   -8.5     vs        Tennessee    

TEN is the best bet to cover the heavily-home fave spreads this week. TEN's strength is KCs weakness - Off running game v rush D. If TEN sticks to the script and stays patient (and let's face it they will - they're boring as hell) TEN loses the game but covers.

• @Los Angeles (LAR)  -6.5      vs        Atlanta 

ATL showed everyone a little something with their surprising win last week v CAR - but that was at home. ATL has been Jeckyll/Hyde all year offensively and mostly Hyde TBH. Their defense is a mirage - shows up here and not there. LAR wins comfortably covering the spread in LA.

Atlanta isnt bad enough to be +6.5. I'd take Atlanta all day at anything above +5

KC is good at -8.5 if they dominate possession, which they probably will.

Edited by predator_05

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

Exactly, Buffalo proved they can't beat a good team let alone blow anyone out.  Jax destroyed Pit, Bal, Hou (twice), Ind (twice), and Cin.

And lost to SF, ARI and the Jets...all teams far worse than BUF. Also handled by TEN twice. 

Calling any 10-6 team a lock to win a playoff game is unwise. I think they'll win, but there's a good chance it will be close. 

16 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

And lost to SF, ARI and the Jets...all teams far worse than BUF. Also handled by TEN twice. 

Calling any 10-6 team a lock to win a playoff game is unwise. I think they'll win, but there's a good chance it will be close. 

An undefeated team is far worse than Buffalo?  Because that's what SF is right now.

Win or lose, I'm just excited to see what the Bills Mafia can do in playoff tailgating.  No table in Jacksonville is safe.

27-21 Chiefs - I see Andy getting off to a massive lead and the mismanaging to a closer looking final score

??-?? Rams - I can't decide on this game, super excited to watch it.  Should be a fun game.  I'm hoping for a replay of the first 9ers/Rams game deep inside, madden like shoot out

17-13 Bills - I think it comes down to a defensive TD, whoever gets it wins the game

30-20 Saints - Saints bulldoze